Quran And Logic

Etagloc

Superstar
So the trinity thing had never really bothered me.

Then when I was a kid I used to be around a lot of Hindu kids. I was into chess and for some reason there would tend to be a lot of Hindu children doing the chess stuff. And these were bright kids.

One day a Hindu child came up to me and asked me about Christianity. Then he told me how baffling the trinity thing was to him and asked me to explain it. At first I thought "oh he's silly" because it was all common sense to me- I'd been raised to believe in this stuff so it was totally normal to me. Until I actually tried to explain it. I couldn't actually explain it but I just didn't think about it. I must have been like 12 at the time. He must have been about the same age. I had no idea this was some major issue or whatever. I just didn't really think about it.

Anyways, if you go back and look at my earlier posts on this board you'll see that I was into a sort of occult type thing in my thinking. I was basically an occultist from what I remember. And if you remember me as BaronAmity on the previous forums, then you probably remember I was far from a fundamentalist Christian. I don't think I was any type of Christian and if I remember right, I believe I was attacking Christianity and promoting witchcraft. I believe Damien50 might remember if he cares to say what he remembers about me as BaronAmity. I believe others might remember me as BaronAmity and anyone who does is invited to say what they remember me promoting as BaronAmity. I was promoting witchcraft.

Anyways, this video I think is a 100-thousand pound weight on the side of Islam in the debate between Christianity and Islam

I think it shows that the Quran is on the side of logic. Anyone is free to respond to this thread but please don't respond without watching the video. If I find some super-amazing argument crushing the arguments in the video and crushing other arguments, maybe I'll be promoting Christianity a week from now. But right now I think the evidence seems to be more on the side of Islam and I want to wait and see how I think a week from now. Believe it or not, I am not a static entity- as people who remember me as BaronAmity should already know- and I am constantly weighing things and investigating.

Etagloc

Superstar
Also, the reason I'm more interested in seeing debate between Islam and Christianity is because those are the two I take seriously as possibilities. I don't take occultism seriously, I tried that and I think it's just a trap to get possessed. I don't take atheism seriously because I've seen too much weird stuff.

Also, I would like to thank DesertRose for introducing me to that channel which is how I found that video (and a lot of other good ones that I've found inspirational).

Last edited:

Etagloc

Superstar
And to be perfectly honest, I have a vested interest in Christianity for social and personal reasons. I would be seriously inconvenienced if I found Christianity unconvincing. So I'm not secretly pushing a plot in favor of either religion. It would actually be way more convenient for me if Christianity was the more convincing. I seriously would love to find some argument that beats the arguments in that video so I could avoid being inconvenienced. But the truth is more important than my convenience.

JoChris

Superstar

Then when I was a kid I used to be around a lot of Hindu kids. I was into chess and for some reason there would tend to be a lot of Hindu children doing the chess stuff. And these were bright kids.

One day a Hindu child came up to me and asked me about Christianity. Then he told me how baffling the trinity thing was to him and asked me to explain it. At first I thought "oh he's silly" because it was all common sense to me- I'd been raised to believe in this stuff so it was totally normal to me. Until I actually tried to explain it. I couldn't actually explain it but I just didn't think about it. I must have been like 12 at the time. He must have been about the same age. I had no idea this was some major issue or whatever. I just didn't really think about it.

Anyways, if you go back and look at my earlier posts on this board you'll see that I was into a sort of occult type thing in my thinking. I was basically an occultist from what I remember. And if you remember me as BaronAmity on the previous forums, then you probably remember I was far from a fundamentalist Christian. I don't think I was any type of Christian and if I remember right, I believe I was attacking Christianity and promoting witchcraft. I believe Damien50 might remember if he cares to say what he remembers about me as BaronAmity. I believe others might remember me as BaronAmity and anyone who does is invited to say what they remember me promoting as BaronAmity. I was promoting witchcraft.

Anyways, this video I think is a 100-thousand pound weight on the side of Islam in the debate between Christianity and Islam

I think it shows that the Quran is on the side of logic. Anyone is free to respond to this thread but please don't respond without watching the video. If I find some super-amazing argument crushing the arguments in the video and crushing other arguments, maybe I'll be promoting Christianity a week from now. But right now I think the evidence seems to be more on the side of Islam and I want to wait and see how I think a week from now. Believe it or not, I am not a static entity- as people who remember me as BaronAmity should already know- and I am constantly weighing things and investigating.
Etagloc, I'll watch tomorrow (late here).
Remember this verse:
Hebrews 11:6 without FAITH it is impossible to please Him.

http://apologeticsuk.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/trinity-defended.html

Has clip too. http://www.newyorkapologetics.com/logic-and-the-trinity/

JoChris

Superstar
And to be perfectly honest, I have a vested interest in Christianity for social and personal reasons. I would be seriously inconvenienced if I found Christianity unconvincing. So I'm not secretly pushing a plot in favor of either religion. It would actually be way more convenient for me if Christianity was the more convincing. I seriously would love to find some argument that beats the arguments in that video so I could avoid being inconvenienced. But the truth is more important than my convenience.
Would you go to advice on sight from a blind person?

Mr. Blah

Veteran

Hindu kids? Do you live in India?

Judeo-Christian God is a paradoxical God.
How could He be BOTH immanent and transcendent, near and distant God in the same time, for example?
How could it be?

Etagloc

Superstar
Hindu kids? Do you live in India?

Judeo-Christian God is a paradoxical God.
How could He be BOTH immanent and transcendent, near and distant God in the same time, for example?
How could it be?
I didn't usually run into Hindu kids. But then I'd do these youth chess tournaments and a whole bunch of Hindu kids would be there at the chess tournaments.I have no idea why.

Etagloc

Superstar
Etagloc, I'll watch tomorrow (late here).
Remember this verse:
Hebrews 11:6 without FAITH it is impossible to please Him.

http://apologeticsuk.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/trinity-defended.html

Has clip too. http://www.newyorkapologetics.com/logic-and-the-trinity/

I watched it... look, I really want to find some super-awesome logical reason to keep on believing in Christianity. But I think the video I posted was much more convincing and had more logic. Why would God be against logic? Since God created logic, shouldn't God and logic be on the same team?

Serveto

Star
Also, the reason I'm more interested in seeing debate between Islam and Christianity is because those are the two I take seriously as possibilities. I don't take occultism seriously, I tried that and I think it's just a trap to get possessed. I don't take atheism seriously because I've seen too much weird stuff.

Also, I would like to thank DesertRose for introducing me to that channel which is how I found that video (and a lot of other good ones that I've found inspirational).
I had an interesting interaction with a Sikh fellow the other day. I asked him about music, and whether it was encouraged or discouraged in his religion. Because I am Anglo/Saxon, and in America, he must have assumed that I am a Christian and began by telling me that, whereas the revealed divinity of the Christians is Jesus, that of the Sikhs is, or was, Guru Nanak.

After having spent so much time and discussion on this board's various forums, and also the Jews for Judaism website (and comparable), I thought it an odd change that, instead of an inter-religious argument such as those between Judaism, Christianity and Islam, this one, between Christianity and Sikhism, which didn't become an argument because I was only interested in the musical aspect, was, or could have become, which human was the true divinity, God incarnate. It gave me an indication of some of the issues Christian missionaries must have encountered when they went to India.

Last edited:

Etagloc

Superstar
If arguments should emerge, they should be around the video to counter it. The video has very strong arguments and I would like to see counter arguments. Ignoring the video content simply means you don't have anything to say.
Thank you. I was sort of speechless when I watched the video. I wanted to refute it but I couldn't. I really don't see a counter-argument that seems convincing to me.

Kung Fu

Superstar
One God who created everything we see and everything we can't see. Him being a God is because no other thing can challenge Him and if there was more than one god we would have a logical dilemma as in both cannot be All-Powerful, All-Knowing, and etc. This is the problem that many Christians have to face such as the Father being greater than Jesus and only the Father knowing the Hour while the other two, Holy Ghost and Jesus, are clueless on the Hour. Yet Christians believe they are all co-equal and one but yet three distinctive parts.

Also, on the bit about faith. While Christians only need faith Muslims are required to have both faith and try to do good. It's as simple as that.

Etagloc

Superstar
It's just hard to not see Christianity as polytheistic for me. Once you study the Quran and then.... my ex told me she simply prayed to God and not Jesus. I was scared, I thought that was a bad sign but she asked- if God is God why can't we just pray to God? Why do we have to pray to Jesus? Why can't we just pray to God? I still tried to get her to pray to Jesus but I don't feel like I had any real answer for what she said.

Etagloc

Superstar
Also, I don't want Jesus to die for me and for me not to save myself and to be "the bride of Jesus" even though I'm a man. I don't want Jesus to save me for me and relieve me of responsibility and be saved based ln faith regardless of my actions. I want to be responsible for my actions and be judged based on my deeds. And why should heaven or hell be based simply on faith and not by actions? If salvation is by faith alone then it's like deeds are pointless. I feel this discourages action whereas Islam encourages action. When I practicfed Islam I felt a liveliness that I haven't really felt as a Christian.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Also, I don't want Jesus to die for me and for me not to save myself and to be "the bride of Jesus" even though I'm a man. I don't want Jesus to save me for me and relieve me of responsibility and be saved based ln faith regardless of my actions. I want to be responsible for my actions and be judged based on my deeds. And why should heaven or hell be based simply on faith and not by actions? If salvation is by faith alone then it's like deeds are pointless. I feel this discourages action whereas Islam encourages action. When I practicfed Islam I felt a liveliness that I haven't really felt as a Christian.
So you want to save yourself then and islam is a means to an end for you?