Quotes

Mr.Grieves

Veteran
Took me a minute or something to google the ''and i'll whisper no'' part. The guy already passed away by the way. God Bless him, Amen

But thank God, i got it. I was afraid that it was his own quote or something. Apparently, it's from a game called Watchmen, i think.

View attachment 888
Watchmen is a really great graphic novel from writer Alan Moore, about an alternate reality in which a series of vigilante 'Super-Heroes' and one actual god-like being are commissioned by the government to win the Vietnam war, resulting in Nixon serving something like 6 terms in office. The quote is from 'Rorschach', the homeless son of an abusive prostitute who becomes something of a 'Hobo Batman', a conservative conspiracy-theorist with a permanently crystallized and uncompromising moral compass, a hero who'd let the world tear itself apart rather than allow a horrible lie to save it.
Really great stuff, one of the better graphic novels ever written.

Watchmen is a really great graphic novel from writer Alan Moore, about an alternate reality in which a series of vigilante 'Super-Heroes' and one actual god-like being are commissioned by the government to win the Vietnam war, resulting in Nixon serving something like 6 terms in office. The quote is from 'Rorschach', the homeless son of an abusive prostitute who becomes something of a 'Hobo Batman', a conservative conspiracy-theorist with a permanently crystallized and uncompromising moral compass, a hero who'd let the world tear itself apart rather than allow a horrible lie to save it.
Really great stuff, one of the better graphic novels ever written.

Nice, thank you for this! Sounds a little like "V for Vendetta", don't you think?

God Bless

DesertRose

Superstar
@Devin, that showed care, and thought.... thanks!:)

@Mr.Grieves
"Why do we argue,life's so fragile, a successful virus clinging to a speck of mud, suspended in an endless nothing!"
My sentiments match that....
  • "I am astonished about those people who are ordered to prepare their provisions, then the start of the journey is announced, however they remain unmindful in their vain discussions and fruitless deeds."
  • "The dunyâ (worldly life) distracts and preoccupies the heart and body, but al-zuhd (asceticism, not giving importance to worldly things) gives rest to the heart and body. Verily, Allâh will ask us about the halâl (permissible) things we enjoyed, so what about the harâm(forbidden)!"
  • "The life of this world is made up of three days: yesterday has gone with all that was done; tomorrow, you may never reach; but today is for you so do what you should do today."
  • "When a man sought knowledge, it would not be long before it could be seen in his humbleness, his sight, upon his tongue and his hands, in his prayer, in his speech and in his disinterest (zuhd) in worldly allurements. And a man would acquire a portion of knowledge and put it into practice, and it would be better for him than the world and all it contains – if he owned it he would give it in exchange for the hereafter."
    • Quoted in Ibn Al-Mubârak, Al-Zuhd wa Al-Raqâ`iq Vol.1 p. 156.

Mr.Grieves

Veteran
Nice, thank you for this! Sounds a little like "V for Vendetta", don't you think?

God Bless
It's written by the same guy, and has similar themes, yeah. Both really great graphic novels, both spawning two not-so-great movies.

“All of humanity’s problems stem from man’s inability to sit quietly in a room alone.”- Blaise Pascal

“All of humanity’s problems stem from man’s inability to sit quietly in a room alone.”- Blaise Pascal
This!

When i tell people that should they decide to sit still and meditate on God's Greatness, their food will eventually come sooner or later.

But who will have the strength to sit still? To me, only those who will have the strength to say

''Only God Can Make me sit still like that and Only He Can Take that hunger away, with or without any food''.

Devine

Star
It's written by the same guy, and has similar themes, yeah. Both really great graphic novels, both spawning two not-so-great movies.

this is why i keep the tv and music off for my toddler. even the fan off for sleeping. i know so many people who can't handle silence or sleep with the tv or radio on that makes me so sad for them :( i love silence! have to have it esp for sleep

DesertRose

Superstar
this is why i keep the tv and music off for my toddler. even the fan off for sleeping. i know so many people who can't handle silence or sleep with the tv or radio on that makes me so sad for them :( i love silence! have to have it esp for sleep
This is for you @Devin :)

“The mind is sharper and keener in seclusion and uninterrupted solitude. No big laboratory is needed in which to think. Originality thrives in seclusion free of outside influences beating upon us to cripple the creative mind. Be alone, that is the secret of invention; be alone, that is when ideas are born.”

–Nikola Tesla

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
“When you come to realize, that the way you feel is a product only of what you choose to give your attention to, then you begin to realize that under any and all conditions, you can feel good. You also begin to realize that as you control the way you feel, you control the way you are flowing energy. And as you control the way you are flowing energy, you literally align the circumstances and events that create your experience.”

–Abraham Hicks

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”

–Aristotle

“Do, or do not. There is no ‘try’.”

–Yoda

“If you can’t explain it simply , you don’t understand it well enough.”

–Albert Einstein

Stay true to your own nature. If you like to do things in a slow and steady way, don’t let others make you feel as if you have to race. If you enjoy depth, don’t force yourself to seek breadth.”

–Susan Cain

Day after day, the skies pour forth speech and night after night, they display their knowledge. We miss it because we do not look up.

Jesus - (On him be Prayers and Peace)

Devine

Star
This is for you @Devin :)

“The mind is sharper and keener in seclusion and uninterrupted solitude. No big laboratory is needed in which to think. Originality thrives in seclusion free of outside influences beating upon us to cripple the creative mind. Be alone, that is the secret of invention; be alone, that is when ideas are born.”

–Nikola Tesla
thank you i love it!!

Lazarus Long

Rookie
“When you come to realize, that the way you feel is a product only of what you choose to give your attention to, then you begin to realize that under any and all conditions, you can feel good. You also begin to realize that as you control the way you feel, you control the way you are flowing energy. And as you control the way you are flowing energy, you literally align the circumstances and events that create your experience.”

–Abraham Hicks

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”

–Aristotle

–Yoda

–Albert Einstein

Stay true to your own nature. If you like to do things in a slow and steady way, don’t let others make you feel as if you have to race. If you enjoy depth, don’t force yourself to seek breadth.”

–Susan Cain
All excellent quotes and the Tesla one above is simply perfect!

mecca

Superstar

–Abraham Hicks

–Aristotle

–Yoda

–Albert Einstein

–Susan Cain
lol yoda