Quotes

DesertRose

Superstar
Know that the life of this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children, as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. But in the Hereafter (there is) a severe torment (for the disbelievers, evil-doers), and (there is) Forgiveness from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure (for the believers, good-doers), whereas the life of this world is only a deceiving enjoyment“. Quran [57:20]

DesertRose

Superstar
There are two things you should never get mad about. The things you cannot control and the things that you can.
Under my control
Ø My reactions or how I think of these events (i.e. “soul,” “mind,” or “opinion.”)
Ø My emotions (especially the beliefs/judgments supporting certain emotions). My choice to assent to the emotion.
Ø Virtue/doing the right thing
Ø Effort

Not “really” under my control
Ø External events like death, the weather, and what others do.
Ø Body (It will get sick and die
Ø Pleasure and Pain
Ø Property (I could lose it through theft, weather, etc.)
Ø Fame, reputation, or what others think of me (I can influence, but not control others).
Ø History/my personal history
Ø Fate
Ø Outcome and Consequences

http://lucidphilosophy.com/860-2/

Karlysymon

Superstar
I had motives for not wanting the world to have a meaning. For myself, as no doubt for most of my contemporaries, the philosophy of meaninglessness was essentially an instrument
of liberation. The liberation we desired was
simultaneously liberation
from a certain system of morality. We objected to the morality, because it interfered with our sexual
freedom. We objected to the political and economic
system, because it was unjust. The supporters of these systems claim that in
some way they embodied
the meaning–a Christian
meaning, they insisted–of
the world. There was one admirably simple method
of confusing these people
and at the same time justify ourselves in our
political and erotic revolt.
We could deny that the world had any meaning
whatsoever. ~ Aldous Huxley

DesertRose

Superstar
Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker.
Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy.
Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot'
than the stigma of conformity.
And on issues that seem important to you,
Stand up and be counted at any cost.
~ Thomas J Watson (1874-1956)

Nobody's smart except if God Wills him/her to be so.

What was man except a drop of fluid?

And now he deems him/herself capable of great feats when in fact he/she never had a say in the development of his very limbs in the womb.

Yes this country was founded on some beautiful ideals. I think that they lasted about five minutes lol
Lol it's really no laughing matter. Even if people are eventually responsible for whatever choices they make, we should feel very concerned.

It's not like Riddler's signature from the previous forum. We should be feeling really sad for people who don't know God. All in due time tho.

Devine

Star
Lol it's really no laughing matter. Even if people are eventually responsible for whatever choices they make, we should feel very concerned.

It's not like Riddler's signature from the previous forum. We should be feeling really sad for people who don't know God. All in due time tho.
what was his signature

Took me a minute or something to google the ''and i'll whisper no'' part. The guy already passed away by the way. God Bless him, Amen

But thank God, i got it. I was afraid that it was his own quote or something. Apparently, it's from a game called Watchmen, i think.

riddler.jpg

Devine

Star
Wow, Devin, i'm speechless.

Thank you so much and May God Bless you for this.
Wow Devin I am impressed!
I hope you get your republic back!
I hope people who are non interventionist like Ron Paul and PCR steer your ship aright!
Thanks guys I'm so glad you enjoyed it if just the two of you read it and liked it then it was worth it!!