Quotes

meximonk

Star
"I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, not do I consider the killing of innocent women, children and other humans as an appreciable act."
- Osama bin Laden in an interview on Sept. 28, according to the Pakistani newspaper "Ummat"

"Next the statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself that the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque self-deception."
- Mark Twain, The Mysterious Stranger, 1916

“Cowardice asks the question, ‘Is it safe?’ Expediency asks the question, ‘Is it politic?’ Vanity asks the question, ‘Is it popular?’ But, conscience asks the question, ‘Is it right?’ And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because one’s conscience tells one that it is right.”
Martin Luther King Jr.

Last edited:

meximonk

Star
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
- Thomas Jefferson

DesertRose

Superstar
This one by 10th-century poet Omar Khayyam highlights the beauty of simple things..:)-
Second time you posted that quote.......
this resonates with me in response to what resonates with you.......:)
"They question thee about strong drinks and games of chance. Say: In both is great sin, and (some) utility for men; but the sin of them is greater than their usefulness."Al-Qur'an 2:219

Last edited:
"The greatness of a man is not much wealth he acquires, but his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively".

- Bob Marley

meximonk

Star
"Writers, journalists and analysts are dancing around the fact that Technocracy has been the plan of the global elite for a very long time. It didn’t just start. It wasn’t by random chance or just the “luck of the draw.” Modern globalization started with the formation of the Trilateral Commission in 1973, founded by David Rockefeller and Zbigniew Brzezinski. Brzezinski promoted Technocracy through what he called the “Technetronic Era”. They fed this to the United Nations, the global corporate world and especially to emerging nation-states such as China. This was the superstructure that was methodically built over a half-century, and it is trying to bear its final fruit in 2020 and forward."
⁃ TECHNOCRACY.NEWS Editor 2020

“Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death.”
- The Prophet ﷺ​

morita

Veteran
Misfortune is a stepping stone for the genius; a swimming pool for the christian; a treasure for the resourceful; for the weak: an abyss. -Balzac

Funnygirl1

Rookie
"Its all relative"
The first way i interpreted this was a spider is small to me but a spider is big to a fly
But
I now read it from a different perspective as a relative like cousin,its all relative,its all related,
Everything has come from the same,we are all connected

Last edited:

Hooligan69

Established
“Going up that river was like travelling back to the earliest beginnings of the world, when vegetation rioted on the earth and the big trees were kings. An empty stream, a great silence, an impenetrable forest. The air was warm, thick, heavy, sluggish. There was no joy in the brilliance of sunshine. The long stretches of the waterway ran on, deserted, into the gloom of overshadowed distances. On silvery sandbanks hippos and alligators sunned themselves side by side. The broadening waters flowed through a mob of wooded islands; you lost your way on that river as you would in a desert, and butted all day long against shoals, trying to find the channel, till you thought yourself bewitched and cut off forever from everything you had known once -somewhere- far away in another existence perhaps. There were moments when one's past came back to one, as it will sometimes when you have not a moment to spare to yourself; but it came in the shape of an unrestful and noisy dream, remembered with wonder amongst the overwhelming realities of this strange world of plants, and water, and silence. And this stillness of life did not in the least resemble a peace. It was the stillness of an implacable force brooding over an inscrutable intention. It looked at you with a vengeful aspect.”

- Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness

Hooligan69

Established
Which is better - cheap happiness or exalted suffering?

- Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground