Quotes

shankara

Star
“I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand!!”
― Charles M. Schulz
“I heard exactly the same thing, a long time ago to be sure, from a doctor," the elder remarked. "He was then an old man, and unquestionably intelligent. He spoke just as frankly as you, humorously, but with a sorrowful humor. 'I love mankind,' he said, 'but I am amazed at myself: the more I love mankind in general, the less I love people in particular, that is, individually, as separate persons. In my dreams,' he said, 'I often went so far as to think passionately of serving mankind, and, it may be, would really have gone to the cross for people if it were somehow suddenly necessary, and yet I am incapable of living in the same room with anyone even for two days, this I know from experience. As soon as someone is there, close to me, his personality oppresses my self-esteem and restricts my freedom. In twenty-four hours I can begin to hate even the best of men: one because he takes too long eating his dinner, another because he has a cold and keeps blowing his nose. I become the enemy of people the moment they touch me,' he said. 'On the other hand, it has always happened that the more I hate people individually, the more ardent becomes my love for humanity as a whole.”
Dostoyevsky - The Brothers Karamazov​

“I heard exactly the same thing, a long time ago to be sure, from a doctor," the elder remarked. "He was then an old man, and unquestionably intelligent. He spoke just as frankly as you, humorously, but with a sorrowful humor. 'I love mankind,' he said, 'but I am amazed at myself: the more I love mankind in general, the less I love people in particular, that is, individually, as separate persons. In my dreams,' he said, 'I often went so far as to think passionately of serving mankind, and, it may be, would really have gone to the cross for people if it were somehow suddenly necessary, and yet I am incapable of living in the same room with anyone even for two days, this I know from experience. As soon as someone is there, close to me, his personality oppresses my self-esteem and restricts my freedom. In twenty-four hours I can begin to hate even the best of men: one because he takes too long eating his dinner, another because he has a cold and keeps blowing his nose. I become the enemy of people the moment they touch me,' he said. 'On the other hand, it has always happened that the more I hate people individually, the more ardent becomes my love for humanity as a whole.”
Great book.

DesertRose

Superstar
Thank you shankara, brilliant.
Dostoyevsky is right being around uncultured people (ne'kulturneyy)was something to be disliked. However, in these times we are dealing with worst! Hearts that have the satanic sins of arrogance (pride in lineage, wealth etc) greed (massive theft that has become legal and now they want it all not just the money), cruelty not for just for dissidents but for all.
These humans with the hearts of satan are much better candidates for our hatred whilst we still love humanity. Спасибо!

meximonk

Star
"Cuando el pueblo salta sus barreras, casi ningún esfuerzo es bastante poderoso para detenerlo" (English: "When the people jump their barriers, almost no effort is powerful enough to stop it.")
– Guadalupe Victoria, the first president of the Mexican Republic

meximonk

Star
"La soberanía dimana inmediatamente del pueblo" (English: "Sovereignty comes immediately from the people")
– José María Morelos y Pavón

"Morir es nada cuando por la patria se muere" (English: "Dying is nothing when the country dies")
– José María Morelos y Pavón

meximonk

Star
“Virtue is persecuted by the wicked more than it is loved by the good.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote

shankara

Star
Thank you shankara, brilliant.
Dostoyevsky is right being around uncultured people (ne'kulturneyy)was something to be disliked. However, in these times we are dealing with worst! Hearts that have the satanic sins of arrogance (pride in lineage, wealth etc) greed (massive theft that has become legal and now they want it all not just the money), cruelty not for just for dissidents but for all.
These humans with the hearts of satan are much better candidates for our hatred whilst we still love humanity. Спасибо!
I think he was mostly trying to describe something of a psychological nature, that a love for all humanity can cause a subconscious reaction of dislike towards individuals. But I get what you're saying. In Tibetan Buddhism there are "peaceful deities" and "wrathful deities", representing different aspects of the enlightened mind. The former are the more "cuddly" expressions of love, the latter more forceful forms. Interestingly it's generally the latter which are considered higher and practiced by more advanced practitioners.

DesertRose

Superstar
The former are the more "cuddly" expressions of love, the latter more forceful forms. Interestingly it's generally the latter which are considered higher and practiced by more advanced practitioners.
shankara this inspired me to remember a quote from the Quran.
I am posting the quote now (#881 @Quran thread)

Edit: I think that quote is important because the satanic leaders 'great project' is to have this world be devoid of belief in the One God and they are not concerned with paths that are zero threat.
The God they believe in is pleased with their 'project' of completely stripping the world of all belief. New Temporal Order.

Last edited:

Hooligan69

Established
“the history of experimenting on black people does not hold a place in their referential memory. No one makes mention of Tuskegee’s syphilis experiments on black men, or the military experiments of mustard gas on black soldiers, among other nonwhites, or J. Marion Sims’s experimentation on black women. No mention of Henrietta Lacks. My historical memory starts tossing examples at me as if it’s having its own dinner party. In the real one, no one wonders what the parents of the black children think when they see the word “study” associated with the center.”

- Claudia Rankine, Just Us: An American Conversation

Hooligan69

Established
“The prisons in the United States had long been an extreme reflection of the American system itself: the stark life differences between rich and poor, the racism, the use of victims against one another, the lack of resources of the underclass to speak out, the endless "reforms" that changed little. Dostoevski once said: "The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons."

It had long been true, and prisoners knew this better than anyone, that the poorer you were the more likely you were to end up in jail. This was not just because the poor committed more crimes. In fact, they did. The rich did not have to commit crimes to get what they wanted; the laws were on their side. But when the rich did commit crimes, they often were not prosecuted, and if they were they could get out on bail, hire clever lawyers, get better treatment from judges. Somehow, the jails ended up full of poor black people.”

― Howard Zinn, A People's History of the United States

meximonk

Star
“I have found that to make a contented slave, it is necessary to make a thoughtless one. It is necessary to darken his moral and mental vision, and, as far as possible, to annihilate the power of reason. He must be able to detect no inconsistencies in slavery; he must be made to feel that slavery is right, and he can be brought to that only when he ceased to be a man.” ― Frederick Douglass, Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass
Precisely the condition of the West today, except the manacles, the whips and the bars are invisible.