Quotes

Lady

Star
Very beautifully and truthfully written. For me, truth and beauty go hand in hand.
I sing a song with those lyrics.
Here is another psalm that grabbed at my heart :))) when I first converted to faith in Christ:

God the Help of Those Who Seek Him
A Song of Ascents.
121 I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.

3 He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
4 Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade at your right hand.
6 The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night.

7 The Lord shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
8 The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore.

DesertRose

Superstar
The believing men and believing women are allies of one another. They enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and establish prayer and give zakah(poor due) and obey Allah and His Messenger. Those - Allah will have mercy upon them. Indeed, Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.
[Quran Surah At-Taubah (9), Ayah 71.]

Last edited:
One of my favorite sayings from the Quran:

O People of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), there has come to you Our Messenger making clear to you much of what you used to conceal of the Scripture and overlooking much. There has come to you from God a light and a clear Book. By which God guides those who pursue His pleasure to the ways of peace and brings them out from darknesses into the light, by His permission, and guides them to a straight path.

Barak Allah feeki sis!
Actually, I wanted to ask you to post that profile quote earlier but could not find the comment button.......:) Thank you for posting this here!
wa feeki Barik <3

Out of Darkness into Light ---

Alif, Lam, Ra. [This is] a Book which We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], that you might bring mankind out of darknesses into the light by permission of their Lord - to the path of the Exalted in Might, the Praiseworthy -

The root word haa-daal-yaa which essentially means 'guidance' appears in the Quran 316 times in 12 derived forms.

I looked up the word 'guidance' in the KJV using Strong's concordance and it isn't mentioned at all.

So I looked up "guide" - and that comes up in the New Testament just 6 times- two of which have the meaning of being guided to the truth. The one which is well known to all is the verse that the Christians use to refer to the third of their trinity but which many Muslims (myself included) believe is in reference to the coming of Muhammad As-Saadiq, Al-Ameen (the truthful and trustworthy) and that verse is: 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

He shall not speak of himself, but whatever he shall hear, that shall he speak... I don't know how the Holy Spirit of the Trinity speaks only what it (he) hears and doesn't speak of himself if he is part of God or the same as God or co-equal or whatever they say ... but I sure know how Muhammad did - 113 chapters begin... 'with/in the Name of Allah, the all Merciful, especially Merciful.'... And: Your companion [Muhammad] has not strayed, nor has he erred, Nor does he speak from [his own] inclination. It is not but a revelation revealed,...

The second mention of the word 'guide' is in Luke and it reminded of the first verse of Surah Ibrahim that I posted above. 79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

In fact the verse in context appears to be another reference to the Prophet Muhammad and Islam (the way of peace), as Jesus and John prepared the way for the coming of Muhammad as we know it is mentioned in the Quran:

"O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah {Almighty God} (sent) to you, confirming the Law (Torah or Old Testament) before me, and giving glad tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad."

The verse in context - a description of John who foretold of the Messiah(Jesus) and"That prophet (Muhammad) -

70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:
71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,
74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,
75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.
76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;
77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,
78 Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,
79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Although it wasn't the case for me, I have seen many stories and videos from former Christians that the Bible led them to Islam, and all praise is for God.

So as much as the Bible has been revised, the truth remains for those whose hearts are sincere to their Creator Almighty God - those whose hearts are guided by Him, the Mighty and Majestic.

It is He who sends down upon His Servant [Muhammad] verses of clear evidence that He may bring you out from darknesses into the light. And indeed, Allah is to you Kind and Merciful.
Edit: reference to John the baptist

Last edited:
Life imitates art more than art imitates life. - Oscar Wilde
Ah! Here it is! :p

Back on topic though :) And that's not aimed at you for sure, at least not as per my intention ;)

Your wickedness does not affect God but only men like yourself.

- Jesus (On him be Prayers and Peace)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
“PIPPIN: I didn't think it would end this way.

GANDALF: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

PIPPIN: What? Gandalf? See what?

GANDALF: White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

PIPPIN: Well, that isn't so bad.

GANDALF: No. No, it isn't.”

J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings