Quotes

Yes. No. Maybe. I don't know, can you repeat the question?
How appropriate, i just finished re-watching that hell of an actor called Bryan Cranston in Breaking Bad's 4th Season and i think i will quote what's coming from him in Season 5:

Now, say my name, (other guy says ''Heisenberg...'') , you're goddamn right!

By the way, ''tortuous'' means full of twists and turns...

''Torturous'' on the other hand, though quite a possible synonym, means what's characterized by involving, or causing pain or suffering.

Last edited:

Renegade

Veteran
“I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in.
I am lost... I am helpless.
It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

I walk down the same street.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe I am in the same place.
But, it isn't my fault.
It still takes me a long time to get out.

I walk down the same street.
I see it is there.
I still fall in. It's a habit.
My eyes are open.
I know where I am.
It is my fault. I get out immediately.

walk down the same street.
I walk around it.

I walk down another street.”

Portia Nelson,
There's a Hole in My Sidewalk: The Romance of Self-Discovery

Todd

Star
I know I'm going to catch some flak for saying this....
"America went down hill when women stopped baking" -Me to my wife and her girlfriend in 1999 when they were baking in our kitchen. It's remained a private joke between my wife and I ever since.

Devine

Star
Most of the stuff you like, you don't even know what your liking. You just do it for the sake of being nice. You and GIF over abuse the like button. The like button is for liking posts that have worthy content that makes a great point that you agree with. The like button isn't to like whatever just for the sake of liking it just becausr you want to be nice. I wish the like feature would be disabled because it causes a lot of problems and people have a ridiculously amount of likes just because you two get all like happy.

-
Tanya

P.s. Quoting for the hilariousness (imo at least) of the last eight words targeting me and cca (omitting the me preceding those three letters just trying to be smart haha for my 699th post) :p
This was hilarious, to me!! But I will say, someone pointed out that you "like" everything that gets posted and it kinda bummed me out cause I had thought you really did like my posts lol guess that's what i get for obtaining self esteem from strangers on the internet, damnit!

Devine

Star
"America went down hill when women stopped baking" -Me to my wife and her girlfriend in 1999 when they were baking in our kitchen. It's remained a private joke between my wife and I ever since.
I kinda agree! and i think the fact that no one knows how to cook anymore is a part of the sinister plan :)

Karlysymon

Superstar
Well, this is certainly my death knell! I can't bake a darn thing. And that can only mean one thing....i'll be dead in afew...

"Histories are
more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends." - Alexander Pope .

This was hilarious, to me!! But I will say, someone pointed out that you "like" everything that gets posted and it kinda bummed me out cause I had thought you really did like my posts lol guess that's what i get for obtaining self esteem from strangers on the internet, damnit!
Lol...

I like/appreciate everything in which i see some form of goodness that appeals to me. ;) Sorry anyway though, haha!

DesertRose

Superstar
When I began this thread I was not aware that there was a similar ( but not identical thread );)
Feel free to post quotes about all topics including politics, governance, family and in whatever format please:

37. “The mind is sharper and keener in seclusion and uninterrupted solitude. No big laboratory is needed in which to think. Originality thrives in seclusion free of outside influences beating upon us to cripple the creative mind. Be alone, that is the secret of invention; be alone, that is when ideas are born.”

–Nikola Tesla

If God Wills me to read it, i will, sooner or later. :)

I did appreciate some Passages from the Psalms which @Red Sky at Morning messaged to me thinking equally that i'd like it.

And i did. They were from Psalm 8:

O LORD our Lord, How Excellent Is Thy name in all the earth! who hast set Thy Glory above the heavens.

Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast Thou Ordained strength because of Thine enemies, that Thou Mightest Still the enemy and the avenger.

When I consider Thy heavens, the work of Thy Fingers, the moon and the stars, which Thou Hast Ordained;

What is man, that Thou Art Mindful of him? and the son of man, that Thou Visitest him?

For Thou Hast Made him a little lower than the angels, and Hast Crowned him with glory and honour.

Thou Madest him to have dominion over the works of Thy Hands; Thou Hast put all things under his feet:

All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;

The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.

O LORD our Lord, How Excellent Is Thy Name in all the earth!

Nevertheless, The Gloriously Unaltered Qur'an Surpasses it though, but thanks anyway ;)