Quotes

DesertRose

Superstar
“The statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque self-deception.”

Mark Twain

mecca

Superstar
"Governments never lead; they follow progress. When the prison, stake or scaffold can no longer silence the voice of the protesting minority, progress moves on a step, but not until then." - Lucy Parsons

DesertRose

Superstar
1531959636007.png

THE JOURNEY TO AN ETERNAL LIFE

“From the very moment of creation, mankind is on a journey.
He is a traveler and is not allowed to halt except when he reaches either Paradise or Hellfire.
The wise one among them is the one who knows that traveling is based on hardship and danger.
It is usually hard to seek pleasures and relief during it, which are to be acquired after it is completed.
Every footstep and every moan made during this journey will not stop him.
It is proven that the traveler is preparing supplies, which will take him to his final end.
And if he halts, sleeps, or rests, he is doing so while preparing himself to complete his journey.”
Imam al-Qayyim رحمه الله, [Al-Fawaid, p. 331]

@DesertRose I can't send you PM Sis...

"Allah says in the Qur'an not to despise one another. So the criterion in Islam is not color or social status. It's who is most righteous. If I go to a mosque - and I'm a basketball player with money and prestige - if I go to a mosque and see an imam, I feel inferior. He's better than me. It's about knowledge." Hakeem Olajuwon

GS - with this quote Brother Hakeem is referring to two ayat of the Quran: 49:13 and 35:28