Quotes

Todd

Star
"I believe implicitly in the ultimate and complete triumph of God, the time when all things will be subject to him, and when God will be everything to everyone (1 Cor. 15:24-28). For me this has certain consequences. If one man remains outside the love of God at the end of time, it means that that one man has defeated the love of God - and that is impossible. Further, there is only one way in which we can think of the triumph of God. If God was no more than a King or Judge, then it would be possible to speak of his triumph, if his enemies were agonizing in hell or were totally and completely obliterated and wiped out. But God is not only King and Judge, God is Father - he is indeed Father more than anything else. No father could be happy while there were members of his family for ever in agony. No father would count it a triumph to obliterate the disobedient members of his family. The only triumph a father can know is to have all his family back home. The only victory love can enjoy is the day when its offer of love is answered by the return of love. The only possible final triumph is a universe loved by and in love with God."

William Barclay: A Spiritual Autobiography, pg 65-67, William B Eerdmans Publishing Company, Grand Rapids, 1977
Professor of Divinity and Biblical Criticism at Glasgow University and the author of many Biblical commentaries and books, including a translation of the New Testament, "Barclay New Testament," and "The Daily Study Bible Series."

DesertRose

Superstar
@[B]YousefMunayyer[/B]
Palestinians Boycott, Israelis call it "Economic terror"
Palestinians write an article = "Journalistic Terror"
Palestinians appeal to an International Org = "Diplomatic Terror"
Now a new one, Palestinians build a shack= "Construction Terror"

[B]marwanbishara[/B]
Don’t read. Not before bed. If you’re under 25 or over 55. Don’t read period. Well, if you insist; if you must: The Israeli army is suing a Palestinian family for damages caused to a military jeep that killed its son!

"US forces seem set to take the place of Islamic State as the target of fierce resistance in the region in the weeks and months to come. The sorcerer may yet become the victim of his own black magic. Just wait and see."
Abdel Bari Atwan

Last edited:
أوصى الإمام أحمد: ما قدرت عليه من الخير فاعمله، فربما لا تدركه في الغد، ولا ترجئ عمل اليوم إلى غد، لعل غدا يأتي وأنت فقيد

Imam Ahmad advised: Whatever good you are able to do then do it- perhaps you will not be able to tomorrow. And do not postpone today's deeds for tomorrow, perhaps tomorrow will come and you are deceased.​

Karlysymon

Superstar
“The feminist movement in Western culture is engaged in the slow execution of Christ and Jehovah. Yet very few of the women and men
now working for sexual equality within Christianity and Judaism realize the
extent of their heresy.We women are going to bring an end to God” ~Naomi Goldenberg

“Feminists are free to use the ancient Gnostic texts, originally rejected as heretical, because the Christian canon was created by men and women are not obliged to accept a book they had no part in framing” ~
Theologian Chung Hyun
Kyung

Handcar

Rookie
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard. ― H.L. Mencken

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value — zero - Voltaire

Faith is like love: it does not let itself be forced. ― Arthur Schopenhauer

My desire and wish is that the things I start with should be so obvious that you wonder why I spend my time stating them. This is what I aim at because the point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to seem worth stating, and to end with something so paradoxical that no one will believe it. ― Bertrand Russell

Space and time are the framework within which the mind is constrained to construct its experience of reality. ― Immanuel Kant

DesertRose

Superstar
"To maintain nice relations with the people is half of intelligence,
nice questioning is half of knowledge,
and nice domestic arrangements is half of the management of livelihood."

'Umar ibn Al-Khattab (d. 23H), may Allah be pleased with him

Renegade

Veteran
The most thoroughly and relentlessly Damned, banned, excluded, condemned, forbidden, ostracized, ignored, suppressed, repressed, robbed, brutalized and defamed of all Damned things is the individual human being. The social engineers, statisticians, psychologists, sociologists, market researchers, landlords, bureaucrats, captains of industry, bankers, governors, commissars, kings and presidents are perpetually forcing this Damned Thing into carefully prepared blueprints and perpetually irritated that the Damned Thing will not fit into the slot assigned to it. The theologians call it a sinner and tries to reform it. The governor calls it a criminal and tries to punish it. The psychotherapist calls it neurotic and tries to cure it. Still, the Damned Thing will not fit into their slots.