Quotes

Karlysymon

Superstar
“The techniques of propaganda and salesmanship have been refined and systematized; there is scarcely any hiding place from the constant visual and verbal assault on the mind. The pressures of daily life impel more and more people to seek
an easy escape from responsibility and maturity.” ~Meerloo

(in r*pe of the Mind)

DesertRose

Superstar
“The techniques of propaganda and salesmanship have been refined and systematized; there is scarcely any hiding place from the constant visual and verbal assault on the mind. The pressures of daily life impel more and more people to seek
an easy escape from responsibility and maturity.” ~Meerloo
Thought provoking quote!
I saved a quote Karly that goes with that thought:

“How long are you going to wait before you demand the best for yourself and in no instance bypass the discriminations of reason? You have been given the principles that you ought to endorse, and you have endorsed them. What kind of teacher, then, are you still waiting for in order to refer your self-improvement to him? You are no longer a boy, but a full-grown man. If you are careless and lazy now and keep putting things off and always deferring the day after which you will attend to yourself, you will not notice that you are making no progress, but you will live and die as someone quite ordinary.
From now on, then, resolve to live as a grown-up who is making progress, and make whatever you think best a law that you never set aside. And whenever you encounter anything that is difficult or pleasurable, or highly or lowly regarded, remember that the contest is now: you are at the Olympic Games, you cannot wait any longer, and that your progress is wrecked or preserved by a single day and a single event. That is how Socrates fulfilled himself by attending to nothing except reason in everything he encountered. And you, although you are not yet a Socrates, should live as someone who at least wants to be a Socrates.”
Epictetus

Karlysymon

Superstar
Thought provoking quote!
I saved a quote Karly that goes with that thought:

“How long are you going to wait before you demand the best for yourself and in no instance bypass the discriminations of reason? You have been given the principles that you ought to endorse, and you have endorsed them. What kind of teacher, then, are you still waiting for in order to refer your self-improvement to him? You are no longer a boy, but a full-grown man. If you are careless and lazy now and keep putting things off and always deferring the day after which you will attend to yourself, you will not notice that you are making no progress, but you will live and die as someone quite ordinary.
From now on, then, resolve to live as a grown-up who is making progress, and make whatever you think best a law that you never set aside. And whenever you encounter anything that is difficult or pleasurable, or highly or lowly regarded, remember that the contest is now: you are at the Olympic Games, you cannot wait any longer, and that your progress is wrecked or preserved by a single day and a single event. That is how Socrates fulfilled himself by attending to nothing except reason in everything he encountered. And you, although you are not yet a Socrates, should live as someone who at least wants to be a Socrates.”
Epictetus
And that, written in a 1956 book, long before the internet! Its the age of infantilisation

“We are in a universal lapse into a state of immaturity; a true
indicator we are in some sort of “era of the child.”Hypnotized by computers, Tvs, DVDs, CDs, palm pilots, Prozac, Paxil, and pot, the average zombie has left behind considerations of others, as though “others” were a TV show which one could laugh and shut off.
Zombies rise in the
morning, watch morning
TV shows, scan the newspapers and receive
new programming, go to
work, and come home to
passively watch more
programming. If the
zombies have an original thought, it is almost
invariably a selfish one. But the absurdity is even the selfish thought reflects the cradle-to-crypt
programming from the television, that other Eye of Set.” ~ Craig Heimbichner

Fl-Fr-Fa

Established
This is quoted from the video (If Meat Eaters Acted Like Vegans, from AwakenWithJP channel) in Thunderian's latest vegan thread, one of the most funniest things I've ever heard.

Firstly, the woman says, "J.P. was THE most illogical, condescending person I've ever met."

. . . to which he says . . .

"Saying something like that is just a symptom of being overly alkaline. It just makes you mean and you can't think straight."

LOVE THAT.

SpektaCoolAir

Established
"A man may be as straight as an arrow, but even then he will have some critics."

"The wisest man is he who can account for his actions."

"Money cannot help lifting its head."

"Don’t forget your own self while preaching to others."

"Sometimes the people with the worst past, create the best future."

Omar ibn al Khattab

SpektaCoolAir

Established
“I wanted to know the best of the life of one who holds today an undisputed sway over the hearts of millions of mankind… I became more than ever convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days in the scheme of life. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of the Prophet the scrupulous regard for pledges, his intense devotion to his friends and followers, his intrepidity, his fearlessness, his absolute trust in God and in his own mission. These and not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every obstacle. When I closed the second volume (of the Prophet’s biography), I was sorry there was not more for me to read of that great life.”

Mahatma Gandhi