Question about the Antichrist

BumbleBee

Rookie
Hi there. Was just wondering if one of you knowledgeable people can help me with a reference. I keep hearing “the Antichrist comes in the name of love” on various videos etc. but I cannot locate where this is actually written. I assume it must be a biblical quote but I cannot find it. Thanks

TokiEl

Superstar
Hi there. Was just wondering if one of you knowledgeable people can help me with a reference. I keep hearing “the Antichrist comes in the name of love” on various videos etc. but I cannot locate where this is actually written. I assume it must be a biblical quote but I cannot find it. Thanks
Antichrist is a biblical term used exclusively by the apostle John.

And already in John's time there were many antichrists who began as Christians but strayed from the Gospel truths. And at the time of the end the Antichrist would come on the world stage appearing as a Christian or looking like a lamb... but speak like a dragon.

There is no mystery as to who this the Antichrist is as it is the Pope. And he is also the man of sin and son of perdition in Paul's letters.

But it is important to note that the Antichrist or Pope is playing second fiddle to the temporal world power represented by the first beast in the book of Revelation and especiallly the little horn who will uproot three horns from the first beast. That little horn or Emperor or Führer is the boss of the Antichrist or Pope.

Woke

Rookie
Antichrist is a biblical term used exclusively by the apostle John.

And already in John's time there were many antichrists who began as Christians but strayed from the Gospel truths. And at the time of the end the Antichrist would come on the world stage appearing as a Christian or looking like a lamb... but speak like a dragon.

There is no mystery as to who this the Antichrist is as it is the Pope. And he is also the man of sin and son of perdition in Paul's letters.

But it is important to note that the Antichrist or Pope is playing second fiddle to the temporal world power represented by the first beast in the book of Revelation and especiallly the little horn who will uproot three horns from the first beast. That little horn or Emperor or Führer is the boss of the Antichrist or Pope.
looking like a lamb... but speak like a dragon
wtf?

TokiEl

Superstar
I would think of the Pope as the False Prophet and not the ac and the emperor/fuhrer would be the ac?? Where would the FP fit? Honest question. I like these topics.
There are two beasts in the book of Revelation.

The first beast is the revived Roman empire and the second beast is the religious authority of the revived Roman empire.

The Pope is playing his part in uniting the world's religions under the revived Roman empire and it's future Emperor or Führer.

I suspect the emerging Empire is the revived Third Reich and that's why i use the term Führer for the little horn who is foretold to uproot three kings of the first beast.

Vytas

Star
Not exactly that...He will be worship object

2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

and going to do some awesome stuff

2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

He is going unite the world through war which results in nwo and brings peace and prosperity. But i don't know if that can be interpreted as coming in the name of love :)

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Good question. That quote is NOT in the Bible. The Antichrist is not just one entity, it is ANYONE who is in opposition to Jesus Christ. Big famous person or your average citizen, basically anyone who rejects our Lord Jesus Christ is the antichrist. It is referred to as one because all the people are united under the same thought -to be against Jesus Christ.

That quote is highly wicked for how could anyone that opposes Jesus come in the name of love?

rainerann

Star
I think the best description of what is commonly known as the antichrist come from 2 Thessalonians 2:6-12

" Don’t you remember that when I was still with you I told you about this? 6 And you know what currently restrains him, so that he will be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work, but the one now restraining will do so until he is out of the way, 8 and then the lawless one will be revealed. The Lord Jesus will destroy him with the breath of His mouth and will bring him to nothing with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is based on Satan’s working, with all kinds of false miracles, signs, and wonders,10 and with every unrighteous deception among those who are perishing. They perish because they did not accept the love of the truth in order to be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a strong delusion so that they will believe what is false, 12 so that all will be condemned—those who did not believe the truth but enjoyed unrighteousness."

I have come to believe that the most obvious indication that this has been fulfilled will be a demonstration of false humility. I think this will have the potential to stumble people more than anything else because most Christians are so tuned in to the idea that the antichrist is doing false miracles, that it is likely they won't even be able to recognize the 2 witnesses who are able to perform miracles as well according to Revelation 11.

There is such confidence that this is how you can identify the antichrist, I do believe that it quenches the Spirit to a degree in our present time.

Anyway, what do I mean by false humility? The confession of sin is a cornerstone of our faith. James says when we confess our sins and pray for each other, we will be healed. (James 5:16). This is a cornerstone because the point of origin for our faith starts with disobedience in the garden. This change to a sin nature leads to death and is still the only real explanation of why evil exists in the world today. This evil that resulted from disobedience in the garden requires true confession.

So I would say look out for someone who either pretends to confess and boasts about this as though he were able to absolve himself of sin with his own strength, or in some manner, this person will boast that they have no sin.

By doing this, the presence of sin will be revealed essentially, since many people still try to pretend sin doesn't exist.

"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8If we saywe have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth isnot in us. 9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:7-9)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Scripture talks of the Spirit of Antichrist, Antichrists who have already come as well as a specific future figure.

"Anti" can refer to being in opposition to Christ or instead of Christ. In this way the deceptive (yet popular) "Christ Consciousness" of gnostic spirituality is a represention of the spirit of Antichrist.

6 in the biblical number of man. 666 will be a truly man-centered spirituality, perhaps as exemplified in Rosicrucianism. I believe the final AC will be the ultimate humanitarian.

I found the ending of Wonder Woman caught this sentiment too. Love transforming man from his lower nature to his highest potential. The Antichrist will step up and offer us help to get there without the need to be "Born Again"...

Last edited:

Dalit

Star
I think the best description of what is commonly known as the antichrist come from 2 Thessalonians 2:6-12

" Don’t you remember that when I was still with you I told you about this? 6 And you know what currently restrains him, so that he will be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work, but the one now restraining will do so until he is out of the way, 8 and then the lawless one will be revealed. The Lord Jesus will destroy him with the breath of His mouth and will bring him to nothing with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is based on Satan’s working, with all kinds of false miracles, signs, and wonders,10 and with every unrighteous deception among those who are perishing. They perish because they did not accept the love of the truth in order to be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a strong delusion so that they will believe what is false, 12 so that all will be condemned—those who did not believe the truth but enjoyed unrighteousness."

I have come to believe that the most obvious indication that this has been fulfilled will be a demonstration of false humility. I think this will have the potential to stumble people more than anything else because most Christians are so tuned in to the idea that the antichrist is doing false miracles, that it is likely they won't even be able to recognize the 2 witnesses who are able to perform miracles as well according to Revelation 11.

There is such confidence that this is how you can identify the antichrist, I do believe that it quenches the Spirit to a degree in our present time.

Anyway, what do I mean by false humility? The confession of sin is a cornerstone of our faith. James says when we confess our sins and pray for each other, we will be healed. (James 5:16). This is a cornerstone because the point of origin for our faith starts with disobedience in the garden. This change to a sin nature leads to death and is still the only real explanation of why evil exists in the world today. This evil that resulted from disobedience in the garden requires true confession.

So I would say look out for someone who either pretends to confess and boasts about this as though he were able to absolve himself of sin with his own strength, or in some manner, this person will boast that they have no sin.

By doing this, the presence of sin will be revealed essentially, since many people still try to pretend sin doesn't exist.

"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8If we saywe have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth isnot in us. 9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:7-9)
Do you think the two witnesses will be Elijah and Enoch? They never died but were taken up by YHVH. It's a possibility. But maybe there needs to be a thread for that. :)

TokiEl

Superstar
Antichristos is a word found 5 times in 4 verses and all in the epistles of John.

And he wrote there were many antichristos even in his time. And all of them began as Christians !

So The Antichrist is of course The Christian... unless God is trying to trick us here.

1 John 2:18 "Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour."

This wording is reminiscent of the prince who is to come in Daniel 9.

He who will confirm a covenant with many for one week.

I am confident that the Scriptures point out this particular Pope as the Antichrist... but he is not the top dog as that is the little horn who has not yet been revealed.

BumbleBee

Rookie
Thanks for the info. I know the concept of and general information and ideas on the Antichrist; it was just that particular statement that I heard. I know what the person meant (the Antichrist using unity and tolerance to railroad large sections of society and condemn others) however I wasn’t sure if it was his idea or an older quote.