Quarantine 15 be real

Dtrizzle2091

Rookie
Hi all. I’m an ICU nurse another a Covid unit and currently taking three classes so it’s crunch time for finals. In addition I have my children who I am homeschooling. I’m not complaining, just exhausted and a bit depressed from the state of our world. Any realistic advice on how to get this weight I’ve gained off?

Dalit

Star
Hi all. I’m an ICU nurse another a Covid unit and currently taking three classes so it’s crunch time for finals. In addition I have my children who I am homeschooling. I’m not complaining, just exhausted and a bit depressed from the state of our world. Any realistic advice on how to get this weight I’ve gained off?
Have a plan for what you're going to eat and stick to it. It's the only thing that works for me. I recommend something like a 6 week budget shred by Gauge Girl Training (when on sale, if possible). It is possible to plan on your own, but much harder until it becomes a habit. I've lost and kept off almost 90 lbs, but have to be vigilant about planning in advance because any spontaneous "let's go eat out!" or gatherings/parties could derail me. Someone always has a birthday party or wants to eat out (nothing is healthy unless you know exactly what's in it). In other words, being a type A control freak helps. :)

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
I'm eating twice a day. lunch and supper only, without any snacks in between. So far I've managed to keep 58 kg with the ocasional 58,5 at the mondays because cheat weekends.

Also more % of proteins and less % of carbs.

Thats what Works to me. I'm used to fasting tough.

Dtrizzle2091

Rookie
You’re so right that that’s the only thing that keeps the weight off. I’m not overweight, but right on the line of being so. My clothes are all tight and I’m a super frugal person so the idea of buying new clothes just to accommodate my ever expanding body due to my laziness is not something I want to surrender to. I’m going to start logging today and prep for the rest of the week.

Dtrizzle2091

Rookie
I'm eating twice a day. lunch and supper only, without any snacks in between. So far I've managed to keep 58 kg with the ocasional 58,5 at the mondays because cheat weekends.

Also more % of proteins and less % of carbs.

Thats what Works to me. I'm used to fasting tough.
When do you exercise? Do you find it’s easier to exercise between your two meals, at night or in the morning? Did you face challenges with this? Is there an adjustment period?

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
When do you exercise? Do you find it’s easier to exercise between your two meals, at night or in the morning? Did you face challenges with this? Is there an adjustment period?
1. I used to work out early in the morning or early noon, after work. But with lockdown and working overtime I can't exercise at all.
2. After lunch break I do some planking routines to minimize muscle mass loss. Since it is a bodyweight exercise it is less likely to overdo it.
3. Yes. Before lockdown I was used to have a snack here or there, have breakfast and stuff... but then the little double chin was threatening to appear again so I had to endure it.
4. Yes, after a week or so you'll get used to it.

Also I have this nice scale that estimates your body fat %, muscle mass % and aprox. basal metabolism. I check it once or twice a week to assure that I'm not doing anything crazy. currently I need 2200 cal per day, so I count the calories of my food servings.

But as I said, i'm used to fasting. Years ago back in 2007 I would Wake up in the morning at 5 am, drink a single cup of chocolate milk and wait for the bus to go to school and only eat again midday when I came back home. during my first year at pharmacy school I used to weight 54 kg (you could see all my cheekbones, I looked like a skull), and this was wearing heavy jeans clothes!

All of this is still taking its toll, tough. All the gyms here are closed, I used to bench press 40kg and now I can barely carry a 20 l water gallon.