psychopathy and sociopathy

morita

Veteran
Does anyone know have experiences with sociopaths or psycopaths and what does it look like? I feel like people use the words interchangeably.
And do you think these are pre existing conditions or that it's bred into people?

Last edited:

sickgirl15

Established
Does anyone know? I feel like people use the words interchangeably.
And do you think these are preexisting conditions or that it's bred into people.
Hi, I’m not trying to be rude or anything, but I think your best bet would be to google both words and compare for yourself the differences. That way, you’ll get definite and accurate definitions. :)

morita

Veteran
Hi, I’m not trying to be rude or anything, but I think your best bet would be to google both words and compare for yourself the differences. That way, you’ll get definite and accurate definitions. :)
sociopathy.png
psychopathy.png
I did google it, and it sems pretty similar to me tbh.

If yall don't have anything of subtance to add to a thread, why even bother answering?

sickgirl15

Established
View attachment 34824
View attachment 34825
I did google it, and it sems pretty similar to me tbh.

If yall don't have anything of subtance to add to a thread, why even bother answering?
Well no one had answered your query, and the best, logical answer I thought of would be for you to go straight to the official source (Google) to find the most accurate answer, instead of taking some (stranger’s) reply as 100% factual, when it most likely would not be, that’s all. In my humble opinion, my answer to your question was quite substantial...

JoChris

Superstar

A lot of clips on YouTube, including serious talks from professionals if you are interested.

morita

Veteran
Well no one had answered your query, and the best, logical answer I thought of would be for you to go straight to the official source (Google) to find the most accurate answer, instead of taking some (stranger’s) reply as 100% factual, when it most likely would not be, that’s all. In my humble opinion, my answer to your question was quite substantial...
Maybe no one answered the query because I had just created the thread when you made your very relevant post...
I'm well aware you can't take what people say here as 100% factual, thanks.

Last edited:

manama

Star
This is a dangerous topic in the wrong hands. Nobody can classify anyone as sociopath or psychopath as both are mental disorders or conditions.

However as far as the difference between the words are concerned, a psychopath is BORN (the condition exists from birth) while a sociopath is MADE (life and environment leads to the development of the disorder).

morita

Veteran
I was gonna say I met someone with sociopathic tendencies but he was the textbook definition of a narcissist. Mostly because he was white, male, had money, was conventional looking.
narcissism.png