Psychic Vampirism

shankara

Star
The psychic vampire feeds on the energy of others. They leave us feeling drained and lacking energy. They may be extroverted, “the centre of attention”, or introverted and negative, "a downer", but their common characteristic is that they want our attention. People trying to communicate something seek attention for the idea they are trying to communicate, this is quite the opposite of psychic vampirism. The vampire wants us to focus on them, on themself, to have emotions towards them, to think about them, not about an idea, knowledge. They want to trigger us. They want us to be caught up in their game.

Myths about the vampire-bite making the person bitten into a vampire have some truth to them. Not only do we feel drained and thus perhaps seek the same kind of attention from others in order to feel better, but in order to get the energy from us, the vampire uses a toxic facade which ‘dumps’ their negative energy into our aura. This can cause long-lasting damage and require healing. Essentially they are engaging in a kind of programming, “pushing our buttons” which make us give them energy. They seek our weak spots, our fascinations.

Blaming others for their problems is a trait of the psychic vampire. They want to elicit our sympathy. Yet they don’t generally feel the same sympathy for us because this would mean giving, rather than taking, energy. They may make us think that they are genuinely interested in us and our problems, yet they may well evaporate if we fall into rough times. We reflect their false sympathy with genuine sympathy, which is where the energetic imbalance is created. But they can also feed of off negative emotions, as in the case of “trolls” who provoke others’ anger and also feed on the fame they create for themselves in doing so.

The psychic vampire’s lack of true feelings towards others, true empathy, may be manifested in their political and spiritual values. It is likely that they “go with the flow” and accept or even celebrate injustice. To stand up against tyranny requires some emotional depth, some kind of compassion for fellow human beings. When we consider this, it may seem that very many people indeed are in some way psychic vampires. Unfortunately in these times, that may be quite true.

But of course not every psychic vampire is wholly conscious that they are doing it. There surely exist genuinely psychopathic personalities with a malignant charisma, the kind of person who makes a chill when they walk into a room. But there are also many people, indeed the majority, who are unconscious of what they are doing, often being used by more powerful demonic entities. Perhaps they have some unsatisfied emotional needs in their childhood or other psychological problems, and we must remember that even very twisted people are generally wounded in some way.

Every one of us does indeed have genuine emotional needs which need to be satisfied. We need to be loved, though ultimately the only truly satisfying love is the spiritual kind. The trouble is that rather than seeking love, we often seek all the things that seem like love yet which are not, such as public respect, fame, money. In fact the psychic vampire is a poor, suffering individual because they are seeking the most distorted and impoverished reflection of love, they are seeking only attention. Thus they will never be truly satisfied emotionally or spiritually, never be at peace.

SHANTIH

Dalit

Star
The psychic vampire feeds on the energy of others. They leave us feeling drained and lacking energy. They may be extroverted, “the centre of attention”, or introverted and negative, "a downer", but their common characteristic is that they want our attention. People trying to communicate something seek attention for the idea they are trying to communicate, this is quite the opposite of psychic vampirism. The vampire wants us to focus on them, on themself, to have emotions towards them, to think about them, not about an idea, knowledge. They want to trigger us. They want us to be caught up in their game.

Myths about the vampire-bite making the person bitten into a vampire have some truth to them. Not only do we feel drained and thus perhaps seek the same kind of attention from others in order to feel better, but in order to get the energy from us, the vampire uses a toxic facade which ‘dumps’ their negative energy into our aura. This can cause long-lasting damage and require healing. Essentially they are engaging in a kind of programming, “pushing our buttons” which make us give them energy. They seek our weak spots, our fascinations.

Blaming others for their problems is a trait of the psychic vampire. They want to elicit our sympathy. Yet they don’t generally feel the same sympathy for us because this would mean giving, rather than taking, energy. They may make us think that they are genuinely interested in us and our problems, yet they may well evaporate if we fall into rough times. We reflect their false sympathy with genuine sympathy, which is where the energetic imbalance is created. But they can also feed of off negative emotions, as in the case of “trolls” who provoke others’ anger and also feed on the fame they create for themselves in doing so.

The psychic vampire’s lack of true feelings towards others, true empathy, may be manifested in their political and spiritual values. It is likely that they “go with the flow” and accept or even celebrate injustice. To stand up against tyranny requires some emotional depth, some kind of compassion for fellow human beings. When we consider this, it may seem that very many people indeed are in some way psychic vampires. Unfortunately in these times, that may be quite true.

But of course not every psychic vampire is wholly conscious that they are doing it. There surely exist genuinely psychopathic personalities with a malignant charisma, the kind of person who makes a chill when they walk into a room. But there are also many people, indeed the majority, who are unconscious of what they are doing, often being used by more powerful demonic entities. Perhaps they have some unsatisfied emotional needs in their childhood or other psychological problems, and we must remember that even very twisted people are generally wounded in some way.

Every one of us does indeed have genuine emotional needs which need to be satisfied. We need to be loved, though ultimately the only truly satisfying love is the spiritual kind. The trouble is that rather than seeking love, we often seek all the things that seem like love yet which are not, such as public respect, fame, money. In fact the psychic vampire is a poor, suffering individual because they are seeking the most distorted and impoverished reflection of love, they are seeking only attention. Thus they will never be truly satisfied emotionally or spiritually, never be at peace.

SHANTIH
And I attract these kind of people by being empathetic. Someone once called me an empath/sympath and that someone cut me down constantly. I'm beginning to think most people have an agenda.

Lisa

Superstar
And I attract these kind of people by being empathetic. Someone once called me an empath/sympath and that someone cut me down constantly. I'm beginning to think most people have an agenda.
Wouldn’t the agenda be sin? Everyone sins and everyone wants their own ways. Sinners don’t know love because they don’t know God. To know God is to know love.
‭‭1 John‬ ‭4:8‬ ‭
The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.​

morita

Veteran
When we consider this, it may seem that very many people indeed are in some way psychic vampires. Unfortunately in these times, that may be quite true.
If you look at the traditional gender norms men are wired to take and be emotionnally distant and women are wired to give unconditionally. Which is ironic bc our society is obsessed with 'happily ever after'.

Dalit

Star
Wouldn’t the agenda be sin? Everyone sins and everyone wants their own ways. Sinners don’t know love because they don’t know God. To know God is to know love.
‭‭1 John‬ ‭4:8‬ ‭​

The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.​
You certainly would know a lot about this. ;-)

Lisa

Superstar
If you look at the traditional gender norms men are wired to take and be emotionnally distant and women are wired to give unconditionally. Which is ironic bc our society is obsessed with 'happily ever after'.
I don’t think men are emotionally as distant as you think...men seem to get as emotional as women..domestic violence is about emotion isn’t it?

I think women nurturers because they are the ones who have babies and it’s their job to raise them.

Lisa

Superstar
Domestic violence is about emotion???? Seriously??
Isn’t it? People’s emotions running high. Besides that was in response that men are more emotionally distant and I don’t know that’s always true, sometimes men can get pretty emotional.

If you are gonna also say that domestic violence is about control...I will agree but doesn’t that also have to do with emotions?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

SHANTIH
Puts me in mind of Stranger Things...

justjess

Superstar
Isn’t it? People’s emotions running high. Besides that was in response that men are more emotionally distant and I don’t know that’s always true, sometimes men can get pretty emotional.

If you are gonna also say that domestic violence is about control...I will agree but doesn’t that also have to do with emotions?
Domestic violence is about power and control. There is an element of repressed emotion coming out as rage - but that’s a symptom of emotional distance not an argument against it

Last edited:

Stephania

Star
I know the feeling, Dalit. o_O

Aero

Superstar
Yes, 100%

The psychic vampire is first and foremost a liar. They consume themselves by looking outward at others, rather than looking inward and solving whatever their problem is. It's not rocket science either, you can't solve your problems by looking at others.

Speaking of their true "problems" would be rather difficult though. I imagine they are repressing, or suppressing some type of childhood trauma. Now that doesn't mean they were physically abused, but some may have been. Maybe their parents simply yelled at them too much or constantly used them as a psychological whipping post.

Now I'm not saying, let's all feel bad for the worthless vampires. The best course of action is to try to make more people "aware" of this reality. Up until the point where psychology is common knowledge. I think we could disarm all the vampires completely. Like if everyone just agrees to ignore them en masse.

JoChris

Superstar
Yes, 100%

The psychic vampire is first and foremost a liar. They consume themselves by looking outward at others, rather than looking inward and solving whatever their problem is. It's not rocket science either, you can't solve your problems by looking at others.

Speaking of their true "problems" would be rather difficult though. I imagine they are repressing, or suppressing some type of childhood trauma. Now that doesn't mean they were physically abused, but some may have been. Maybe their parents simply yelled at them too much or constantly used them as a psychological whipping post.

Now I'm not saying, let's all feel bad for the worthless vampires. The best course of action is to try to make more people "aware" of this reality. Up until the point where psychology is common knowledge. I think we could disarm all the vampires completely. Like if everyone just agrees to ignore them en masse.
Ignoring them is not a realistic option if the psychic vampire is someone you have to interact with frequently e.g. work colleague or family member.

I think that people developing their own defence mechanisms/ strategies to cope with psychic vampires is as important as learning "warning signs".

DavidSon

Star
...But of course not every psychic vampire is wholly conscious that they are doing it. There surely exist genuinely psychopathic personalities with a malignant charisma, the kind of person who makes a chill when they walk into a room. But there are also many people, indeed the majority, who are unconscious of what they are doing, often being used by more powerful demonic entities. Perhaps they have some unsatisfied emotional needs in their childhood or other psychological problems, and we must remember that even very twisted people are generally wounded in some way...
This is an important topic and there's many ways of understanding what are also known as "energy" vampires.

Most of us carry at least the hint of detrimental emotional baggage- bad habits that we pick up from our parents or ethno-cultural background. These could be subtle hang-ups that limit our expression as a whole, healthy individual. An example might be the friend who calls to chat. They ask for 2 seconds about your life and then ramble on for 2 hours about their plans, likes, problems, etc. There's no flow to the conversation; they called to talk endlessly about themselves.

Another type that I think Eckhardt Tolle discusses is the "perpetual victim." It's as if these people draw negativity to themselves. Their life is nothing but one "accident" after another. Everyone's out to get them or rip them off; something bad. The term "drama queen" applies to these souls who mentally feed on problems. They'll unconsciously create trouble to keep their mind busy with emotional drama.

In my view the psychedelic experience can offer the hope of transformation in the nuanced areas of psychology, personality, and self-awareness. As the participant is shot like a missile into hyperspace the masks and addictions of the ego have no room/time to exist... we simply are, like a mirror reflecting the light around us. This is why these medicines have proven so helpful treating depression and PTSD.

As @JoChris was saying ignoring an energy vampire may not be possible, especially if it's a loved one. I think one strategy is complete honesty. You pull someone up to the fact they're repeating themselves, bullying others, consumed by negativity/difficulties. Stop them in their tracks. Only with those we care about will we tell the truth- honesty can be a life-giving treasure.