psychiatry isn't a science, it's a huge FRAUD

Lisa

Superstar
Taking the edge off anxiety, doesn’t necessarily make one happy - rather less anxious and more able to deal with the root cause.
Mental health conditions are not all anxiety related, though.
I don’t think people deal with the root cause...sort of like smoking marijuana or taking illegal substances...they are just happy they don’t have to feel bad or deal with it anymore and stay on those drugs instead.

Tidal

Star
I've never drugged, it simply never crossed my mind to try it.
Smoking is a filthy disgusting habit and it never ever crossed my mind to try that either.
As for booze, I tried a few sips in my early teens but it all tasted like cat pee so i've stuck to milk, fruit juice and pop ever since.
However naughty women once tried to get me drunk at an office party so i went along with it to be a good sport, and found that the earth's axis seemed to have developed a pronounced tilt and I couldn't walk straight, and I was also seeing double.
Also, I felt as if I was wrapped up in cotton wool and couldn't think straight, it was as if my consciousness had shrunk to inside the four walls, so I was glad when I'd sobered up next day and got my brain back..:)

PS- my hard-drinking hard-smoking Hell's Angel brother in law (dunno if he ever drugged) used to half-jokingly say to me "Huh, you ain't a man if you don't smoke or drink".
He died of cancer in his mid-60's but I'm still around..:D

Mountain05

Rookie
I think there are no mental illneses (at least some of them). The root cause is physical one which expresses itself as mental issue. If you take a medical pill against a mental illnes which has a physical effect in your body, then how can you say that it is a mental issue you are dealing with when you actually trying to heal it physically? Think about it.

And I don't want to say that psychiatry is a fraud. There is bad side to it and there is good. It just matter of perspective.

Hon33

Veteran
I think there are no mental illneses (at least some of them). The root cause is physical one which expresses itself as mental issue. If you take a medical pill against a mental illnes which has a physical effect in your body, then how can you say that it is a mental issue you are dealing with when you actually trying to heal it physically? Think about it.

And I don't want to say that psychiatry is a fraud. There is bad side to it and there is good. It just matter of perspective.
It depends on the illness and the cause of it.

Hubert

Established
How can someone's experiences be changed for the better by giving them known poisons that have known published detrimental effects? And how could it possibly help the brain or the rest of the body to be intentionally poisoned?
All things are poisonous, and nothing is poisonous. It is only the dose that makes things poisonous. At the correct dose, psychological drugs have beneficial effects such as reducing anxiety, depression, or hallucinations.

mhmdv

Rookie
How many people here have taken psychiatric drugs?
Do you feel they did any good?

I have been prescribed loads. I even took some of them.
None seemed to do much good.

The ones that did had side effects that made me stop taking them.

I far prefer to self medicate with drugs of my own choosing.
Some of them do but there are several side effects. Like blocking creativity, critical thinking etc. Even some famous people admitted that. They're also very hard to quit.
Brian Wilson.png

David Foster Wallace.PNG

Maes17

Superstar
Some of them do but there are several side effects. Like blocking creativity, critical thinking etc. Even some famous people admitted that. They're also very hard to quit.
View attachment 38606

View attachment 38607
I’ve noticed that with musical artist. Their minds are too creative. They feel emotions a lot more than the average person. So having those demons gives that material to write about.

When you take a prescription to balance out any hormones or brain activity to return to normal(define normal).

You get this. Then the potential to become dependent on said prescription

Maes17

Superstar
The main malfunction in anxiety cases is fear. Either a fear of living or the fear of dying. But if you aren't doing one, then you are surely doing the other. So my advice is just to get on with it. It is what it is, and in the end regrets are pointless...
I agree. I’ve shared a very personal regret of mine that I’ve learned to let go.

I’ll share again.
My sophomore year in out of state college, my mom calls. Tells me my ex girlfriend from high school committed suicide. Turns out my ex was struggling to pay for in state tuition, turned to prostitution to make a living, had a baby with a methhead and the stress was too much for her to bare. In the back of my mind, I always felt what if I was around for her? Would her life pan out different? The reason it hit so hard is I dated her for two years and she showed me the meaning of falling in love. That dilemma has made me appreciate my wife who also attended out of state college with me. We had our first kid in college, we struggled and conquered our life out of state together.

I’ve dealt with anxiety. Stress. You name it.
At a certain point you just have to learn how to manage emotions and channel them into a calmer more focused demeanor. This is the reason why I am opposed to emotional outburst. You lose that rational thinking in that moment that can put you in a sketchy situation

sickgirl15

Established
I've never seen anyone on vigilant citizen or anywhere in general talk about the actual dangerous effects psychiatry has on our society, people, and children nowadays. Did you know that 1 in 5 adults nowadays will be diagnosed with a mental illness at some point in there life. Children nowadays can't pass between ages 0-18 without being screened and diagnosed and put on a label with with some new mental illness for every normal emotion they experience. I've honestly become so sick of the brainwashed brain dead people glamorizing a FRAUD and actively promoting it to children and adults to the point where any person that walks in a psychiatrist office nowadays Will walk out with a prescription. They're doing more harm than good. People are becoming addicted to these drugs, killing themselves, suffering from brain damage, heart problems, etc.... From the medication those "doctors" claim aren't toxic.... They never cured anything because they never discovered anything in first place. And before any "patient" comes up to me blabbering on about how they visited a psychiatrist and became better. I suggest they go research about the placebo effect, those drugs don't work because they work, they work because you believe they work. Anytime I try to speak up about this bs that's happening in psychiatry, people respond to me with "oh, so you're saying all those doctors are wrong? You're saying they're all liers and you're the only own right" I swear I'm sick of people putting psychiatrists in such a high glory angel position automatically stating anything they say or do is a fact that can't be questioned, why? Because they're "doctors", they have some "degree" and they "know what they're doing" and they claim that they "just want to help people" when all they care about is creating new fake "diseases", "illnesses", "disorders" so they can describe people more toxic drugs to fill up their pockets with money. I've never met anyone who actually sees psychiatry for what it is, a fraud, without calling me "crazy" or "paranoid" so I wonder what do YOU guys here at vigilant citizen think about this? Do you agree or disagree and if you disagree I'd like you to state why? Oh and here are some videos of you aren't convinced yet, I hope you reply after watching them.
I agree with you, and happen to have (unfortunate) first hand experience. I decided to see a psychiatrist at age 24, after (unsuccessfully) self medicating for years. I always felt that there was something “off” about me (I wasn’t the only one- haha)! So, I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and depression. Fast forward to almost 20 years (now) , I was put on SO many different “cocktails” of psych medications it’s unreal! Eventually, at one point, I was so over medicated that I was exhausted all day long, and required at least 2 naps! They highered my dose of Lamictal to TWO HUNDRED milligrams from 50 because I (stupidly) told my current (Nurse Practitioner, not even a real psychiatrist) that I was having sadistic sexual fantasies!! Once, I told a psychiatrist that I was fantasizing about being strangled in a sexual situation and she prescribed me Risperdol, which made me extremely sleepy, and I couldn’t function! Two and a half glorious years ago, I made a decision: no more psychiatrists!! What was the end for me was a very rude and disrespectful (Nurse Practioner) alerting me that he decided that he is no longer going to prescribe me Adderall, because I might “sell it for drugs!!” I was FLOORED!! I reported him to the program director, and of course she took his side! Attending psychiatric clinics instead of seeing a private psychiatrist was a huge mistake. I would start a repoire with the Doctor, then they would have to move on to a different hospital, or something! Then, I’d have to start all over again and get to know a completely different psychiatrist! No wonder I never got better! I do believe I suffer from depression, so I take 100 mg of Zoloft, which really helps me a lot. I get it from a female friend who is a psych Nurse Practitioner for women. I was on 4 meds for many, many years on very high doses! Psychiatry is an “open ended science.” There are NO definite answers. New psych patients WILL be used as guinea pigs until they are found a “cocktail” of meds that is “appropriate” (works for them). Until then, the drug companies will just keep on making a ridiculous amount of money every time the Doc writes another script. I know people who DO have valid psychiatric issues. Their suffering should never be minimized or taken lightly. I was also diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, PTSD, anxiety, etc.., is it true? I have no idea. I am definitely eccentric, and have had gender issues before (I’m bisexual ex-tomboy...) People also like and make up symptoms to get meds and sell them, or whatever. We will never actually know what other people deal with inside, because we’re not them. It’s quite complicated indeed!!

Maes17

Superstar
I agree with you, and happen to have (unfortunate) first hand experience. I decided to see a psychiatrist at age 24, after (unsuccessfully) self medicating for years. I always felt that there was something “off” about me (I wasn’t the only one- haha)! So, I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and depression. Fast forward to almost 20 years (now) , I was put on SO many different “cocktails” of psych medications it’s unreal! Eventually, at one point, I was so over medicated that I was exhausted all day long, and required at least 2 naps! They highered my dose of Lamictal to TWO HUNDRED milligrams from 50 because I (stupidly) told my current (Nurse Practitioner, not even a real psychiatrist) that I was having sadistic sexual fantasies!! Once, I told a psychiatrist that I was fantasizing about being strangled in a sexual situation and she prescribed me Risperdol, which made me extremely sleepy, and I couldn’t function! Two and a half glorious years ago, I made a decision: no more psychiatrists!! What was the end for me was a very rude and disrespectful (Nurse Practioner) alerting me that he decided that he is no longer going to prescribe me Adderall, because I might “sell it for drugs!!” I was FLOORED!! I reported him to the program director, and of course she took his side! Attending psychiatric clinics instead of seeing a private psychiatrist was a huge mistake. I would start a repoire with the Doctor, then they would have to move on to a different hospital, or something! Then, I’d have to start all over again and get to know a completely different psychiatrist! No wonder I never got better! I do believe I suffer from depression, so I take 100 mg of Zoloft, which really helps me a lot. I get it from a female friend who is a psych Nurse Practitioner for women. I was on 4 meds for many, many years on very high doses! Psychiatry is an “open ended science.” There are NO definite answers. New psych patients WILL be used as guinea pigs until they are found a “cocktail” of meds that is “appropriate” (works for them). Until then, the drug companies will just keep on making a ridiculous amount of money every time the Doc writes another script. I know people who DO have valid psychiatric issues. Their suffering should never be minimized or taken lightly. I was also diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, PTSD, anxiety, etc.., is it true? I have no idea. I am definitely eccentric, and have had gender issues before (I’m bisexual ex-tomboy...) People also like and make up symptoms to get meds and sell them, or whatever. We will never actually know what other people deal with inside, because we’re not them. It’s quite complicated indeed!!
You sound like my neighbor.
She is clinically diagnosed as bi-polar. Same symptoms like her kids told me.
Strong sex drive to the point of kinks, the prescriptions making her tired. There are weeks she’s locked in her house. Then she’ll come out and work on her yard sun up til sun down in an almost manic like state.

I’m glad you are attempting to seek help. My neighbor gets really violent when she feels threatened or she tries to be authoritative and bossy. She actually had her boyfriend physically confront me. Luckily my wife recorded the whole situation. I know how to defend myself, and I did knock the guy out. But if they were gonna try to press charges, we had the evidence.

As long as you don’t get confrontational.
I don’t know what it’s like to have bi-polar or whatever but I imagine mental episodes are hard to control and that I can acknowledge.

DarntheDarner

Established
A good topic to bring back.
I'm in agreement that alot of this
is indeed a fraud.
Alot of it is to give prescriptions
to people to mess up their minds more
and cause harm to our bodies
due to horrible chemicals in the pills.
I see so many glorify mental illnesses
like it's some sort of trend.
They will act cool because they claim
they are on the spectrum!
Nothing cool about this.
It's sad how many people are being diagnosed.
It's horrible that this label gets thrown around.
More mental illnesses are also around
more due to the horrible chemicals
in the food, vaccines and chemtrail air.
The satanists don't want people to fight back
they will do what they can to control us
even if it means causing and creating
mental illnesses to keep us complaint.

peridot

Established
I have listened to this discussion from many different angles over the years. I've watched people who claimed they have greatly benefited from it, and others that have been confirmed that they or someone else had the "ism" they always KNEW they had.
I became extremely suspicious when some one I knew who got their degree in social work, and worked in that capacity in some form for about 35 years once told me how so many people we both knew were most likely "suffering from mental illness."
After that episode, I started to realize that in too many cases "mental illness" is some behavior or actions that a "professional" disagrees with. And not even ALL professionals in the field; specific ones. I knew that was very true for the social work degreed person, and later I would hear how other professionals in the psychology or psychiatry fields would use that same diagnoses for any religious behaviors, conservative causes, non-woke or politically correct philosophies, and other things they found "disturbing" to them at that time.

My conclusion was that most people can benefit from talking to a wise knowledgeable person about problems and concerns in ones life. But the key is is Knowledgeable and Wise, not just some one with a degree and a practice.
Plus it makes a HUGE difference on what do they base their knowledge and wisdom.

The cause of mental illness, in most cases, is spiritual.

People HAVE gotten better after seeking God. Of course, the mainstream doesn't want people to know about that.

There's no objective criteria in "diagnosing" many of these so-called mental illnesses, just lots of subjective criteria and feelings.

And, to reduce it to the most obvious factor, if the patient gets better big pharma and the psychiatrist stop making money...