Psychedelics

Is it good to decriminalize psychedelics?

• Yes

• No

• Don’t know

• Don’t care

Results are only viewable after voting.

rainerann

Star
I guess I was considering putting this subject in the religion spirituality section because of how there might be a relationship between experiencing psychedelics and success with an intention experiment.

I read the book the intention experiment a while back. It is all about testing whether thoughts are able to create spontaneous change around you. Not that psychedelics are required for this. It just seems like they would help create a visual representation of something you would like to exist in reality that would begin as a thought with intention.

on its own, this doesn’t require a religious discussion really. It actually only requires a religious discussion to create a defense from people who would otherwise be against it for religious reasons so that you could show that they Are often afraid of the boogie man and that they practice many of the same techniques all the time but they usually use different labels.

so maybe it is for the best that I didn’t do this. Anyways, Im interested in what people think about the relationship between intention and experience with psychedelics for creating change external to your own mind, body, spirit?

i think the best intention or way to view ayahuasca, peyote, mushrooms, even marijuana, is the way original cultures looked at them - they are medicine. They are medicine for the soul. But we can be so sick spiritually, we take them and don’t heal. People get addicted to the experience, rahter than taking what the experience taught you and integrating it into your life, being healed by it in other words. I think all these plants have things they can teach us and heal in us but we have to meet them half way because ultimately our soul is under the control of our own will, we have to be healed from what is damaging us spiritually, which is usually fear, ignorance, often these two I think.

after I realized this I had some very healing experiences from marijuana. for A couple years in my late teens I used it every day, but after a long break and coming back to it a few times, I saw the message that was in marijuana, like a state of consciousness it wanted to remind us of. That is what we need to be healed, but states of consciousness come from our own comprehension and integration, so we need to learn from it and integrate its meaning. It was a message of the unity of life, very beautiful, but we can’t pretend that the unity of life only exists when we are on marijuana. But it taught me how and why cultures considered it to be a medicine.

STARMAN

Established
I guess I was considering putting this subject in the religion spirituality section because of how there might be a relationship between experiencing psychedelics and success with an intention experiment.

I read the book the intention experiment a while back. It is all about testing whether thoughts are able to create spontaneous change around you. Not that psychedelics are required for this. It just seems like they would help create a visual representation of something you would like to exist in reality that would begin as a thought with intention.

on its own, this doesn’t require a religious discussion really. It actually only requires a religious discussion to create a defense from people who would otherwise be against it for religious reasons so that you could show that they Are often afraid of the boogie man and that they practice many of the same techniques all the time but they usually use different labels.

so maybe it is for the best that I didn’t do this. Anyways, Im interested in what people think about the relationship between intention and experience with psychedelics for creating change external to your own mind, body, spirit?
Have you heard about random number generators? Basically just machines that work in binary, 1s and 0s, experiments indicate that intent and focus on one number will skew it towards it appearing more. Very interesting stuff.

Psychedelics definitely can help with visualization or intent, it’s a short-cut to things acquired with deep meditation ( I’m not saying it’s a replacement or an identical experience )

What is prayer, ritual, magick, or meditation but an attempt to create a desired outcome?

Maldarker

Veteran
Guess depends on the outcome.
Check into studies of children & ESP and as you get older you lose that ability to "see" or "create" desired outcomes be it guessing coin flips very accurate or cards.