Prophetic Expectations

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The 9th of Av, Tisha b'Av, commemorates a list of catastrophes...

The date first crops up when Israelites are in the desert, recently having experienced the miraculous Exodus, and are now poised to enter the Promised Land. But first they dispatch a reconnaissance mission to assist in formulating a prudent battle strategy. The spies return on the eighth day of Av and report that the land is unconquerable. That night, the 9th of Av, the people cry. They insist that they'd rather go back! The Jews were shocked to realize that their Second Temple was destroyed the same day as the first to Egypt than be slaughtered by the Canaanites. God is highly displeased by this public demonstration of distrust in His power, and consequently that generation of Israelites never enters the Holy Land. Only their children have that privilege, after wandering in the desert for another 38 years.

The First Temple was also destroyed on the 9th of Av (423 BCE). Five centuries later (in 69 CE), as the Romans drew closer to the Second Temple, ready to torch it, the Jews were shocked to realize that their Second Temple was destroyed the same day as the first.

When the Jews rebelled against Roman rule, they believed that their leader, Simonbar Kochba, would fulfill their messianic longings. But their hopes were cruelly dashed in 133 CE as the Jewish rebels were brutally butchered in the final battle at Betar. The date of the massacre? Of course—the 9th of Av!

One year after their conquest of Betar, the Romans plowed over the Temple Mount, our nation's holiest site.

The Jews were expelled from England in 1290 CE on, you guessed it, Tisha b'Av. In 1492, the Golden Age of Spain came to a close when Queen Isabella and her husband Ferdinand ordered that the Jews be banished from the land. The edict of expulsion was signed on March 31, 1492, and the Jews were given exactly four months to put their affairs in order and leave the country. The Hebrew date on which no Jew was allowed any longer to remain in the land where he had enjoyed welcome and prosperity? Oh, by now you know it—the 9th of Av.

The Jews were expelled from England in 1290 CE on, you guessed it, Tisha b'Av. Ready for just one more? World War II and the Holocaust, historians conclude, was actually the long drawn-out conclusion of World War I that began in 1914. And yes, amazingly enough, Germany declared war on Russia, effectively catapulting the First World War into motion, on the 9th of Av, Tisha b'Av.

Source

The following clip brings 9th of Av events up to date. This year it falls on 31st July. It may or may not pass uneventfully this time round...

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

7:04 "Soars all over their bodies". It is also said that once you've taken it, you can never get rid of it and it will be so bad that the marked ones will seek death but it will flee from them. I'd rather die for the almighty than live with this for satan.
I post this one up as a possibility.

What if "the Mark" was for more than trading, but had aspects that incorporated genetic modification to become 'superhuman'. 6 is the Biblical number of man, and 666 may refer to the highest aspiration of fallen man - to be his own 'god', do his own thing and never have to give an account to his maker. What might that aspiration look like when fused with modern technology and advanced biotech? Put another way, what if it were less 'stick' and more 'carrot'?

Nicholson1968 discussed this seemingly sci-fi scenario that might one day become wrapped around the familiar words of Revelation 13.

Karlysymon

Superstar
@Red Sky at Morning

I figured you needed a good laugh!

Chinese Police Arrest 18 Members of Banned ‘Female Jesus Cult’

Chinese media reported on Thursday that police have detained 18 alleged members of the banned Church of Almighty God, also known as “Eastern Lightning” or “Quannengshen,” whose signature belief is that Jesus has been reborn as a Chinese woman, with the objective of unleashing the Apocalypse.

http://breitbart.com/national-security/2017/07/27/chinese-police-arrest-18-members-banned-female-jesus-cult/

You said:
I watched Dunkirk a couple of days ago, and for the first time understood the plight of the soldiers in the beach waiting to be rescued.
I hate to have to think about "the wait"...especially the 'hour before the rescue'

Karlysymon

Superstar
Since we were talking about Babylon afew pages back, a king reigns over her and a taunt is taken up against him and his fate is described in the 14th chapter of Isaiah. The lands finally rest and the trees rejoice that no one comes to cut them down.

Vs 9-11
The realm of the dead below is all astir to meet you at your coming; it rouses the spirits of the
departed to greet you –all those who were leaders in the world; it makes them rise from their thrones –
all those who were kings over the nations. They will all respond, they will say to you,
‘You also have become weak, as we are; you have become like us.’ All your pomp has been brought
down to the grave, along with the noise of your
harps;

vs 12-20
How you have fallen from heaven,morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the
earth, you who once laid low the nations! You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to the heavens;
I will raise my throne above the stars of God;
I will sit enthroned on the
mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount
Zaphon. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’ But you are brought down to the realm of the dead, to the depths of the pit. Those who see you stare at you, they ponder your fate: ‘Is this the man who shook the earth and made kingdoms tremble, the man who made the world a wilderness, who overthrew its cities and would not let his captives
go home?’ All the kings of the nations lie in state,
each in his own tomb. But you are cast out of your tomb like a rejected branch; you are covered with the slain, with those pierced by the sword, those who descend to the stones of the pit.
Like a corpse trampled underfoot, you will not join them in burial,...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Thinking about all the different opinions and interpretations, interesting dates and unique signs... looking for wisdom in troubled times I thought JD spoke a lot of sense here this week...

Lady

Star
I hope this has not been posted yet, but it is a good overview of end time events, the rebuilding of the temple and prophecy by VC.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I hope this has not been posted yet, but it is a good overview of end time events, the rebuilding of the temple and prophecy by VC.
Odd you should post this up this evening - I was watching 'World Trade Center' with Nicholas Cage. At the start of the film, he wakes up to his alarm clock displaying the time 3:29am. Very odd with 9/23 being a date of interest around the net at the moment...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I think the Lord allows all of us to try and fail in this endeavour... some of us come to our senses in the end ;-)

I do believe the Bible suggests that despite their stiffness of neck, there will come a point where the Jews will "look on him who they have pierced"...

Serveto

Star
I think the Lord allows all of us to try and fail in this endeavour... some of us come to our senses in the end ;-)

I do believe the Bible suggests that despite their stiffness of neck, there will come a point where the Jews will "look on him who they have pierced"...
On the other hand, I think that people like Hyam Mccoby, Abe Foxman and others, even if they don't come out and say so, by at times tending to implicate the whole of Christianity in the holocaust, are implicitly if not explicitly suggesting, or intimating, that it is rather "Christians" who will collectively look upon Jews, whom "Christians" pierced, and recognize, in them, Jews, the fulfillment of the prophecy. This is just an indistinct idea of mine, with no particular sources to back my claim. I just see it as a possibility, not a probability. It seems to me that this stuff is in the making.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
On the other hand, I think that people like Hyam Mccoby, Abe Foxman and others, even if they don't come out and say so, by at times tending to implicate the whole of Christianity in the holocaust, are implicitly if not explicitly suggesting, or intimating, that it is rather "Christians" who will collectively look upon Jews, whom "Christians" pierced, and recognize, in them, Jews, the fulfillment of the prophecy. This is just an indistinct idea of mine, with no particular sources to back my claim. I just see it as a possibility, not a probability. It seems to me that this stuff is in the making.
I think this is a prophecy on which time will tell... I like the quote from Hingist from C.S Lewis

“I suppose there are two views about everything,” said Mark.

“Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there’s never more than one.”

C.S. Lewis, That Hideous Strength

Last edited:

Serveto

Star
As a p.s, and looking at the Jewish writers positions, the basic opposition to the message of the Gospel and the teachings of Paul seem fairly unchanged in the last two millennia from Johanan ben Zakai...
*son of Zacchaeus?
There's no mention, in the link, concerning Johanan's height, or if he inherited his (possible) father's genetics in that regard. :)
Red Sky at Morning said:
A paragraph from the source:

"His [Johanan's] home, at this time, was in Arav, a village in the Galilee, where he spent eighteen years. However, although living among them, he found the attitude of Galileans to be objectionable, allegedly exclaiming that they hated the Torah and would therefore "fall into the hands of robbers."

Ah, the Galilee: the very region in which Jesus recruited his dalit fishermen, guys who seem, for the most part, happy to have replaced the hair-splitting Torah-legalism of the attorney, Johanan-ben-Zakai and Partners, and others of the Brahmanical caste, with the "grace" then being freely offered. In the process, the fishermen, who effectively became "fishers of men," and those who joined their cause, eventually upended and overturned worlds.

Karlysymon

Superstar
600 strains of an aerosolized thought control vaccine already tested on humans; deployed via air, food and water

Scientist: And that would have the effect which is to essentially turn a fanatic into a normal person...

Audience: How would you suggest that this is going to be dispersed? Via aerosol?

Scientist: The present plan and the tests that we've done so far have used respiratory viruses such as flu or rhino viruses, and
we believe that's a satisfactory way to get the exposure of the largest part of the population... and we're quite confident this would be a very successful approach.

Audience: What's the name of this proposal?

Scientist: The name is FUNVAX, the vaccine for religious fundamentalism. The proposal has just been submitted, and I think the data that I have shown you today would support the development of this project and we think it has great promise.

"The use of FunVax could see an immediate effect within the target zones... the results of mass inoculation should be proportionate to the rate of infection. Behavioral indicators ... decrease in armed resistance... increase in communications that express discontent with religion or God."

http://naturalnews.com/048347_aerosolized_vaccines_behavioral_modificatio
n_obedience.html

Note: i thought gov't scientists are more often evolutionists.

DesertRose

Superstar
America will destroy itself in its wars for Israel to the last man. Pax Judaica will destroy its mother Pax Americana and will not look back.

"Daabatul Ardh (Beast of the Land)
source: https://drnaumanshad.wordpress.com/2017/01/07/major-signs-of-the-end-times-the-sequence-of-their-coming/
Some scholars mention the ‘Beast of the Land’ to be another symbolic phrase. They say it may mean to be the state of Israel for its barbaric beast-like behavior not only on the people of Palestine & other Arabs, but its role in creating havoc, chaos and evil all around the world.
We all know the role of Israel in 9/11 event which helped in perpetuating the war in Afghanistan, Iraq and other places.
We also know the beast-like inhuman behavior of ISIS which was created by Israel etc.
In this sense, it is truly the ‘Beast of the Land’

This we know has already taken place. (This beast was born in 1948)"

Truth with integrity:
Media with Machiavellian integrity:
Islamic End times prophecy:
The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “There are two groups of my ummah whom Allah will protect from the Fire: a group who will conquer India, and a group who will be with ‘Eesaa ibn Maryam (Jesus son of Mary) (peace be upon him).”
Narrated by an-Nasaa’i (no. 3175) and Imam Ahmad in al-Musnad (37/81), Mu’sasat ar-Risaalah edn. Classed as hasan by the commentators on al-Musnad. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in as-Silsilah as-Saheehah (no. 1934)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_eschatology
50.The Black Standard will come from Khorasan, nothing shall turn them back until it is planted in Jerusalem.[note 51]

I think the above is self explanatory.
busy time, sayonara.