Prophet Muhammad (saw) in the Bible

These days, Islam is attacked not only by people who openly say that they follow other religions- Islam is under attack from all sides. People who are against Islam attack Islam and even claim to be Muslims in order to give themselves credibility when they attack Islam.

And so even people who claim to be Muslims are attacking Islam.

Therefore Islam is attacked from both inside and outside.

Why is Islam so relentlessly attacked? Why so much effort to attack Islam?

This effort is because Islam tells people the truth. And so Islam is attacked.

I expect this post and the knowledge that it shares will be attacked. There might be pages and pages of posts. Posts attacking the information, posts attempting to attack me.

In this day and age, we have to be careful. Wolves appear in sheep's clothes. You may see falsehoods spread by non-Muslims and you may see attempts at discrediting which come from the munafiqun. They may be direct or they may try to appear as though they have some great intellectual gravity behind their attacks and try to seem subte and intellectual.

Therefore, whoever is reading this thread- feel free to read whatever may be following this post. However- I ask that you make sure you watch the video.

Don't trust what the people here say. Don't even trust what I say. Watch the video. Study the evidence. Examine the evidence for yourself. Come to your own independent conclusion. What subject could be more important than ascertaining the truth about God?

So, the Bible must be the Truth?
As I see it, the Bible, being a collection or compilation of books, might also be called a library. In that case, the faithful can say that the library is "true," that it contains only true books, but others, less convinced, can say that some of the books, or even certain paragraphs and sentences within the books, are true, credible, plausible, etc., but that the remainder of the books may be left on the shelf. The issue will be how, with what measure, what criterion, "truth" or veracity is determined.

@Etagloc

I have a great friend whose dress sense is frequently called into question. There is a reason for this criticism!

As to your advice:

"Study the evidence. Examine the evidence for yourself. Come to your own independent conclusion. What subject could be more important than ascertaining the truth about God?"

Could not agree more. Study both sides and come to your own conclusions.

As I see it, the Bible, being a collection or compilation of books, might also be called a library. In that case, the faithful can say that the library is "true," that it contains only true books, but others, less convinced, can say that some of the books, or even certain paragraphs and sentences within the books, are true, credible, plausible, etc., but that the remainder of the books may be left on the shelf. The issue will be how, with what measure, what criterion, "truth" or veracity is determined.
You gotta take a few step back and realized the whole Bible contained Red Letters. Then you’ll know who’s the author. And if you believe in this Author, you’ll accept everything in this Book as Truth. Instead of pick and choose what fit your reality, like OP.

I said:
You gotta take a few step back and realized the whole Bible contained Red Letters. Then you’ll know who’s the author. And if you believe in this Author, you’ll accept everything in this Book as Truth. Instead of pick and choose what fit your reality, like OP.
I understand that you rank among the faithful, those who claim that the library (Bible) contains only true books, maybe even written by only one author, and that is fine with me. To the less faithful in the Christian sense, however, it is not unusual to enter a library and pick only a few books, or even paragraphs and sentences within a book, and call them true without accepting the library in total. It is called "faith" for a reason, though faith is not necessarily built upon reason, and that, too, is fine with me. I am just sitting here in the library lounge, having a coffee, and am commenting upon those who enter and exit.

I understand that you rank among the faithful, those who claim that the library (Bible) contains only true books, maybe even written by only one author, and that is fine with me. To the less faithful in the Christian sense, however, it is not unusual to enter a library and pick only a few books, or even paragraphs and sentences within a book, and call them true without accepting the library in total. It is called "faith" for a reason, though faith is not necessarily built upon reason, and that, too, is fine with me. I am just sitting here in the library lounge, having a coffee, and am commenting upon those who enter and exit.
I don't doubt you're an intelligence man filled with wisdom, knowledge, and logic of this world. I would give you a 9.9/10 in this department. However you're missing a great deal in the unseen area, hence lesser faith on the Word. Maybe one day when you're facing a hopeless situation, then true faith may be born. Otherwise, you'll continue to doubt and suppressing faith due to your understanding and logic of this world.

For example.
Romans 8:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

I'm positive you understand what it mean but I highly doubt you've experiences this "phenomenon". Only through Faith can you experiences the liveliness of the Scriptures, it's the living Word of God literally dwelled inside you. I highly suggest meditating on the concept of The Trinity Godhead, day and night until something clicked in your spirit.

Peace

... However you're missing a great deal in the unseen area, hence lesser faith on the Word. Maybe one day when you're facing a hopeless situation, then true faith may be born. Otherwise, you'll continue to doubt and suppressing faith due to your understanding and logic of this world.
I am liking that above post of yours @floss not because you were kind enough to give me a passing grade on my (secular school) exams, but because I hear a concern on your part for my spiritual well being. That I appreciate, and for that I thank you. I take your scriptural selection from Romans under advisement and will consider it. Peace to you in return.

This video addresses it

this one

this one

this one

Islam teaches what many secular scholars also now believe (it is interesting that Islam would be ahead of the secular scholars in this)-

that the Bible has been tampered with. however, there are fragments and bits of original revelation and so that is why you would have Muhammad (may peace be upon him) in the Bible

it's sort of like... imagine someone speaks into a phone or microphone or some other device and there's a bunch of static..... you'll hear the garble, static noises... but bits of the original message will seep through the garbling static..... I'm not pulling this out of a hat- this is just standard teaching.... not only in Islam but even secular scholarship is agreeing with the Bible....

I'm read Ehrman's work myself and I think that all that anyone has to do is read his book Misquoting Jesus and it is clear- the Bible has been tampered with

@Etagloc

I have a great friend whose dress sense is frequently called into question. There is a reason for this criticism!
I think I dress fancy lol but.... this is religion, not style.

William Cooper talked about this- if you go around and you tell people the truth- you're going to be attacked. Socrates, Galileo, Jesus (may peace be upon him), pretty much every prophet that I know of except maybe Jonah (may peace be upon him).......

Look at the guy who promoted the radical theory that doctors should wash their hands.... he didn't get thanked, he didn't get a Nobel Prize.... the guy was attacked, hated, lost his job.... that was the thanks he got.... he saved lives and could have saved more if people would have listened to him.... he was thanked by being hated, losing his job and dying under miserable conditions

The Doctor Who Introduced the Virtues of Hand Washing Died of an Infection
A sad fate: Ignes Semmelweis, a maternity doctor who fought for hospital sanitation, died of sepsis

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smar...irtues-hand-washing-died-infection-180953901/

That is, except for one 19th century Hungarian physician, Ignes Semmelweis. Semmelweis had the potential to revolutionize the medical world, NPR says. But instead he died crazed and quite young of the exact malady he spent much his life trying to prevent...

Semmelweis hypothesized that doctors, fresh from the autopsy room, were spreading tiny specks of dead body to the women they were treating. So he ordered doctors to wash their hands and instruments in a chlorine solution, which immediately reduced the number of deaths.

The problem, however, was that after his plan’s initial success, Semmelweis’ colleagues gave it up. This was still the era of perceived humors, when doctors blamed most diseases on variations of bad air, and the other doctors didn’t believe the logic behind Semmelweis’ theory. They also resented being indirectly blamed for the women’s deaths.

The good doctor eventually lost his job in Vienna and spent the rest of his life fighting with colleagues over sanitation. By the age of 47, he was committed to a mental asylum where he was likely beaten. Within 14 days, after one of his wounds became gangrenous, he succumbed to sepsis—which is just what killed many of the women in his maternity ward.

look at how the poor guy was targeted just for caring enough to save womens' lives... the moral of the story is that we can't go off what the masses think- we can't blindly follow the masses..... even according to the Bible, pretty much all the prophets were opposed by the masses...

we can't blindly follow the masses- particularly when they're being controlled by an agenda-driven, Zionist-controlled media

@Etagloc

There are two distinct people who get attacked over the truth - those who tell the truth and those who don't!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

Argumentum ad populum

In argumentation theory, an argumentum ad populum (Latin for "argument to the people") is a fallacious argument that concludes that a proposition must be true because many or most people believe it, often concisely encapsulated as: "If many believe so, it is so."

This type of argument is known by several names,[1] including appeal to the masses, appeal to belief, appeal to the majority, appeal to democracy, appeal to popularity, argument by consensus, consensus fallacy, authority of the many, bandwagon fallacy, vox populi,[2] and in Latin as argumentum ad numerum ("appeal to the number"), fickle crowd syndrome, and consensus gentium ("agreement of the clans"). It is also the basis of a number of social phenomena, including communal reinforcement and the bandwagon effect. The Chinese proverb "three men make a tiger" concerns the same idea...

Examples[edit]
This fallacy is sometimes committed while trying to convince a person that a widely popular thought is true, based solely on the fact that it is a widely popular thought. In the argumentum ad populum, the population's experience, expertise or authority is not taken into consideration by the author:

• Nine out of ten people in the United States claim this bill is a bad idea; therefore, this bill is bad for the people.
  • Fifty million Elvis fans can't be wrong or 100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong.
  • Everyone's doing it; therefore, it must be good.
  • In a court of law, the jury vote by majority; therefore, they will always make the correct decision.
  • Many people buy extended warranties; therefore, it is wise to buy them.
  • Millions of people agree with my viewpoint; therefore, it must be right.
  • The majority of this country voted for this president; therefore, this president must, objectively, be a good President.
  • My family or tribe holds this as a truth; therefore, everyone who disagrees is simply wrong.
  • No one else has ever complained about this; therefore, no one can complain about it. (It is good.) See also Argument from Ignorance

@Etagloc

I read @Red Sky at Morning's statement as more a brilliant witticism, or aphorism, than an endorsement of an argumentum ad populum (I love, um, the poetry of Latin). It's very insightful, and doesn't really take sides ...

Red Sky at Morning said:
There are two distinct people who get attacked over the truth - those who tell the truth and those who don't!
That's good stuff. :cool:

Last edited:

friend

Established
simple Criterion is to look for contradictions within.

considered in the context of his previous post the implicit argumentum ad populum is easy to see
@Etagloc

I hope I didn't offend you - it just struck me that I had heard the "persecuted for the truth" line before.

GCB believes the Cathars of the Albergensian crusade by Innocent III were persecuted for telling the truth.

Here is an example of the kind of message Cathars were (and still are) promoting...

Certainly they had very different beliefs to the Catholic Church, and they argued with and embarrassed them. In the end they were brutally suppressed and killed as heretics.

Christians in Iran are also persecuted for their faith, e.g.

My point is that throughout history, the good and the bad, the wise and the foolish, men and women of truth and people of deception have all been persecuted.

As with the "novel" ideas of David Icke, persecution alone does not offer any special endorsement of the truth of their beliefs.

Last edited:
Christians in Iran are also persecuted for their faith, e.g.
One of the biggest lies floating around by people who have never even been to Iran. I have been to Iran and have conversed with Christians and met Jews there and let me tell you they were extremely well off. Nothing about them was "persecuted". Not in the least bit.

Every prophet foretold of the coming of Muhammad, and his mention is in the previous revelations for those who have eyes to see, ears to hear and hearts with which to understand. All praise to God who sent his final revelation with his final Prophet for all of humanity.