Proof of god is a moral question. Do you see the morals shown for god as good or evil?

Todd

Star
The way you wish love to be expressed is laudable and I wish it would work.

To your last.
Hate is born from love.
The moment you create a love bias, you also create a hate bias that you apply to anything that would jeopardize that which you love.

If that which you hate can be deflected by loving ways, this is good, but if that which you hate continues to jeopardize that which you love, then reciprocity comes into play as fair play and the right thing to do is fight as dirty as required to protect what you love.

Regards
DL
It's not a wish. I have lived it and have seen the fruits of it. With my own children. With an alcoholic with anger issues, a young lady caught in a string of abusive relationships, a couple headed for divorce due to irreconcilbe convictions about birth control (and 9 children!), with a gay man who was hurt and treated wrong by self-righteous Christians.

Unconditional love always works. The problem is that most Christians are too self centered to actually go out of their way and show true unconditional love to a stranger.

It's not a wish. I have lived it and have seen the fruits of it. With my own children. With an alcoholic with anger issues, a young lady caught in a string of abusive relationships, a couple headed for divorce due to irreconcilbe convictions about birth control (and 9 children!), with a gay man who was hurt and treated wrong by self-righteous Christians.

Unconditional love always works. The problem is that most Christians are too self centered to actually go out of their way and show true unconditional love to a stranger.
I was talking more of those in these places and not in real life.

Talking face to face, we would not put up with the garbage discourse that happens in these places without being to laugh in the theists face.

I have seen many red faced J W trying to mumble their way out of their own foul beliefs to know that we would not face the garbage we do here in real life.

Regards
DL

TagliatelliMonster

Established
Proof of god is a moral question. Do you see the morals shown for god as good or evil?

Religions tout themselves as being the final word in moral issues, even though secular law has rejected as too barbaric most of those laws. Not that they were original to Christianity as many of the older traditions had variants of the same laws.

To me, a moral god would cure and never kill. That is the position Jesus took towards the non-believers.

Jesus said to love all people including your enemies and if Jesus is Yahweh then he too must love all and save all just as Jesus would.

Jesus would say that God killing instead of curing is evil.

Jesus would say that God curing instead of killing is good.

If god cures instead of killing then there is no hell as a good god or Jesus would have no use for purposeless torture and death.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
This video is very good:

jinglebelle

I consider morals to exist for people who believe in God. Morals, for me, are intuitive feelings or values one practices if he/she chooses to emanate the will of God; the ultimate good, and the further one is from God. I don't consider the cosmos to be God vs Satan rather everything is the realm of God, the source of light and life and the further one is away from it, one dissipates into darkness; the realm of No-God

I consider morals to exist for people who believe in God. Morals, for me, are intuitive feelings or values one practices if he/she chooses to emanate the will of God; the ultimate good, and the further one is from God. I don't consider the cosmos to be God vs Satan rather everything is the realm of God, the source of light and life and the further one is away from it, one dissipates into darkness; the realm of No-God
You stupidly believe that non-believers do not have the same instincts as you do. Wow.

You are a fool who is ignoring the better morals in our secular systems than in your homophobic and misogynous garbage religion.

Regards
DL

jinglebelle

You stupidly believe that non-believers do not have the same instincts as you do. Wow.

You are a fool who is ignoring the better morals in our secular systems than in your homophobic and misogynous garbage religion.

Regards
DL
I think your outburst proves my point. Eventhough you call yourself 'Gnostic Christian Bishop' you don't seem to treat other humans with respect and dignity in accordance with the Word. Most people in this fallen world are like that, they generally need material encouragement such as money, status or perception to treat their neighbors with decency as they have chosen to turn away from God.

Last edited:
I think your outburst proves my point. Eventhough you call yourself 'Gnostic Christian Bishop' you don't seem to treat other humans with respect and dignity in accordance with the Word. Most people in this fallen world are like that, they generally need material encouragement such as money, status or perception to treat their neighbors with decency as they have chosen to turn away from God.
Can you not handle the truth?

Compare my ways to your inquisitions. Which is more moral?

My religion is anti homophobe and misogyny, while your embraces those immoral concepts.

Which religion do you see as more moral?

Regards
DL

Religions tout themselves as being the final word in moral issues, even though secular law has rejected as too barbaric most of those laws. Not that they were original to Christianity as many of the older traditions had variants of the same laws.

To me, a moral god would cure and never kill. That is the position Jesus took towards the non-believers.

Jesus said to love all people including your enemies and if Jesus is Yahweh then he too must love all and save all just as Jesus would.

Jesus would say that God killing instead of curing is evil.

Jesus would say that God curing instead of killing is good.

If god cures instead of killing then there is no hell as a good god or Jesus would have no use for purposeless torture and death.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
I was reminded of this thread when I found an academic article on the nature of God in the Old Testament. Here is an interesting excerpt:

Taken as a whole, the Old Testament is unclear on whether sin is produced by human initiative (e.g., 2 Kgs 17:14; Jer 6:28; 9:13; 11:8; 13:10; 15:6; 16:12; 18:12; 2 Chr 36:13) or by divine intervention (e.g., Deut 2:30; Josh 11:20; Judg 9:23; 1 Sam 2:25; 1 Kgs 12:15; 18:37; 22:19-23; Isa 6:9-10; 29:10; 63:17; Ps 105:25; 2 Chr 25:16; cf. 2 Sam 15:31; 17:14). The implication of the composite Plagues cycle is that both factors can be at work (cf. 1 Sam 2:25).The situation really differs little from what we find in Homeric epic. The gods breathe cowardice or courage into mortals who are already brave or fearful; they punish humans for sins that ultimately should be blamed upon the gods themselves
In sum, from the Plagues narrative and other biblical passages we may abstract the following understanding of sin: while people are often spontaneously evil, God may encourage or tempt them to err, until they become so wicked that his own attribute of justice compels him to destroy them. In other words, God ensures in advance that the wicked deserve their fated punishment. He may be just, but he is not necessarily fair.
In most of the Hebrew Bible, God plays the role later Judaism reserves for Satan (cf. Forsyth 1987: 121). Hassâtân `the Adversary' first appears in early postexilic writings as an officer in Yahweh's angelic court entrusted with presenting human behavior in the worst light (Zech 3:1-2; Job 1-2). But when Judaism encountered Zoroastrianism, Persian dualism evidently attracted thinkers troubled by Yahweh's role in creating evil and misfortune. Beginning in the Persian period, various spirits—Belial, Mastemah, Asmodai, Sammael, the Evil Impulse, Satan—assumed the task of seducing humanity toward evil and launching attacks against individuals. For example, although it is Yahweh who tempts David into sinfully ordering a census (2 Sam 24:1), a later retelling (1 Chr 21:1) makes the instigator Satan (or perhaps an anonymous celestial adversary; see Day 1988: 127-45). Similarly, while it is Yahweh who attacks Moses in 4:24, in Jub 40:2, the adversary is Mastemah. Even the command that Abraham sacrifice his son (Gen 22:2) is, according to Jub 17:15-16, Mastemah's doing.
Although in Judaism, Satan et al. relieved Yahweh of some "demonic" aspects, diabolic influence was never consistently invoked to explain sin. St. Paul honestly confronts the plain sense of the hardening of Pharaoh's heart: God "has mercy on whomever he wishes, and he hardens the heart of whomever he wishes." But after raising the hypothetical question "Why does [God] still blame, for who can resist his desire?" Paul can only reject the question with a hauteur borrowed from Job's Deity: "Who are you, a man, to answer back to God?" (Rom 9:18-20). Paul stands squarely in the Old Testament tradition: God himself may lead sinners to sin. But at least Paul acknowledges the a ttendant moral problem ignored by the Elohist and Priestly Writer. It is curious that no postbiblical tradition blames the hardening of Pharaoh's heart on Satan. This is presumably because Pharaoh is, after all, the villain. So far as we know, no one before Paul had thought to question the justice of his plight.

Oh geez, haha, do you know how evil people actually were in those times and how many chances they were given, this is the problem Woe unto them who call good, evil and evil good. You cant twist Gods law, you dont get a free pass to sin.

You think he wanted to flood the world? People were literally killing babies, having sex with animals, probably more. And that is what is coming in this generation we are here, what kind of a just God would let that go on, Oh well why didnt he intercede? Bro he couldnt get them to leave sodom, the wife still looked back and craved for that life. Just the mind boggles, I dont think you have any concept on the evil that was around at that time, hence why the law was so strict. We are talking cannibalism, sadistic cruelty, think the Book Of Eli kind of society, lawless. I think Josef mengele would pale in comparison to the wickedness that was going on in this time, hence the flood.

Sometimes people comment on these scriptures and they have no concept of the context of the judgement.