Prohibition of drugs. Criminals love to see it. Why do we make their day?

You will know why criminals love to see us prohibit the various social drugs that we and our children consume.

Why did you vote to make their day?

Why are we fighting a drug war against our own children when our intelligentsia pushes for drug legalization so that we can then control in a better way what we and our children consume?

Our children are the ones dying due to our drug war, --- while we adults hide behind legislation that criminals love to see?

Regards
DL

Lisa

Superstar

You will know why criminals love to see us prohibit the various social drugs that we and our children consume.

Why did you vote to make their day?

Why are we fighting a drug war against our own children when our intelligentsia pushes for drug legalization so that we can then control in a better way what we and our children consume?

Our children are the ones dying due to our drug war, --- while we adults hide behind legislation that criminals love to see?

Regards
DL
So, make it legal and put them out of business? Is that what you’re advocating?

So, make it legal and put them out of business? Is that what you’re advocating?
I am advocating that we protect our children instead of adding to their problems.

That would include bringing all drugs under the medical umbrella instead of the legal umbrella, and yes, that would include putting the criminal element out of business.

I advocate following the drug intelligentsia on this issue. What is the point of having experts if we are not going to take their advice.

Especially when the harms have been shown to be reduced where drugs are legal.

Regards
DL

Aero

Superstar
We didn't vote for drug prohibition. And I don't think our parent's generation did either. The problem is our parent's generation took the bait, hook line and sinker. They essentially sat there while substance abuse went from a public health crisis to a way to vilify whoever was deemed "bad".

We didn't vote for drug prohibition. And I don't think our parent's generation did either. The problem is our parent's generation took the bait, hook line and sinker. They essentially sat there while substance abuse went from a public health crisis to a way to vilify whoever was deemed "bad".
There is much truth in this, but have you noted how slow to go the U.S. is on legalization of pot due to the tobacco and alcohol lobbies bribing the politicians?

Those two products alone cause more harm to life than all the other drugs put together.

We collectively think as you do but are not doing much of anything to change our ways and continue to abuse our young by warring against them.

Regards
DL

Aero

Superstar
There is much truth in this, but have you noted how slow to go the U.S. is on legalization of pot due to the tobacco and alcohol lobbies bribing the politicians?

Those two products alone cause more harm to life than all the other drugs put together.

We collectively think as you do but are not doing much of anything to change our ways and continue to abuse our young by warring against them.

Regards
DL
Everyone is about "positivity" until it's time to actually do something. When that time comes they will rationalize a million reasons to do nothing, all while convincing themselves they live a positive life.

If you are an American, you were pretty much born a selfish clown. The politicians know it, the media knows it and the corporations know it. The only people who don't know it must have an aversion to rational thought.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Everyone is about "positivity" until it's time to actually do something. When that time comes they will rationalize a million reasons to do nothing, all while convincing themselves they live a positive life.

If you are an American, you were pretty much born a selfish clown. The politicians know it, the media knows it and the corporations know it. The only people who don't know it must have an aversion to rational thought.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato
That is a part of why Socrates hated democracy.

Even back then, he knew that leadership was trainable and that most who were leading were poor leaders.

Today, I think he would promote letting scientists be the ones to rule.

That is what those concerned with our eco system are also looking for. A scientist on our eco system to be given the power of a Czar.

Regards
DL

Idk why is that?
Think alcohol and tobacco lobbies that bribe our law makers who protect the immoral and really stupid status quo.

Read up on how they worked to kill the cannabis legalization bills in California for a good example of this criminal activity.

Regards
DL

Lisa

Superstar
Think alcohol and tobacco lobbies that bribe our law makers who protect the immoral and really stupid status quo.

Read up on how they worked to kill the cannabis legalization bills in California for a good example of this criminal activity.

Regards
DL
I thought marijuana was legal in California?

Lisa

Superstar
Now, yes, in state law, not in federal law.

That is why the feds still raid legal operations there.

Speak to the larger issues of Americans warring against your own children.

Regards
DL
Haven’t heard the feds raid them.

I’m sure Canadians have the same issues, I'm sure @Thunderian can answer to that better than I.

I don’t think the answer is making everything legal just to also make the illegal activity legal. Sounds like it defeats the purpose and everyone loses. Some things should be illegal and punished. Ya you can drink but if you drive that’s punishable. I’d you hurt someone while drunk that’s punishable. I’d you smoke you have an unhealthy future ahead of you...but who doesn’t we all die. However, if you can break your smoking habit, the body is miraculous and there doesn’t have to be long lasting affects from it, you can gain health again. My dad quit smoking and he seems to be in great health, my aunt still smokes and has health issues because of it.

Haven’t heard the feds raid them.

I’m sure Canadians have the same issues, I'm sure @Thunderian can answer to that better than I.

I don’t think the answer is making everything legal just to also make the illegal activity legal. Sounds like it defeats the purpose and everyone loses. .
Except for drug users in total whose numbers go down.

We war against our own children in a war that we cannot win and so many just don't care.

Regards
DL