Problems with modern medicine

Violette

Star
There’s more profit in sickness than there is in health apparently. Wherever there’s a darkness in a huge industry like this there’s usually someone making bank at the cost of another’s misfortune. Alcohol is everywhere, THC is still demonized after proving its capacity to heal time and time again, and psychedelics are classified as schedule 1 drugs! Schedule 1 have a great potential for abuse like heroine and coke, I’m not sure how anyone could honestly put psychedelics in the same category. For reference, mushrooms have been shown to greatly reduce depression as well as anxiety without the horrible side effects or dependency you’d get from an SSRI or benzos, there’s an FDA approved trial going on right now so hopefully they’ll change its classification. We also could eliminate so many blood borne infections simply by mandating single use needles that self destruct. It doesn’t cost much more and it would be a huge improvement for public health concern especially with the current heroine epidemic/opioid crisis. I imagine it’s a lot easier to subdue the population when they’re drugged too so I’d blame big pharma more than your average doctor.

Vixy

Star
Well, I've had 22 years of experience with regular medicine and the last three with natural and the problem seems to be the education of the doctors. The education doesnt include remedies that actually work both naturally and is more effective and this sems to be to depopulate and generate money. A patient who gets cured doesnt generate money, a patient who is being held sick needing treatments, generates money and will become sicker and sicker instead of getting rid of the problem.

But dont hate the doctors. The doctors are usually in it for the right reason; to help, but they dont get the right education, an education that includes homeopathy and natural medicine, they only get taught about chemical "remedies". This is done to keep people sick and to have many of them die.

Maes17

Superstar
Well, I've had 22 years of experience with regular medicine and the last three with natural and the problem seems to be the education of the doctors. The education doesnt include remedies that actually work both naturally and is more effective and this sems to be to depopulate and generate money. A patient who gets cured doesnt generate money, a patient who is being held sick needing treatments, generates money and will become sicker and sicker instead of getting rid of the problem.

But dont hate the doctors. The doctors are usually in it for the right reason; to help, but they dont get the right education, an education that includes homeopathy and natural medicine, they only get taught about chemical "remedies". This is done to keep people sick and to have many of them die.
The chemical remedies seem like they get the user addicted.
That's the problem. Some people can have the will to overcome addiction, but for the most part I think with the set up of functioning society, the stress of making a living paired with the chemical drugs. It's driving people insane

Maes17

Superstar
There’s more profit in sickness than there is in health apparently. Wherever there’s a darkness in a huge industry like this there’s usually someone making bank at the cost of another’s misfortune. Alcohol is everywhere, THC is still demonized after proving its capacity to heal time and time again, and psychedelics are classified as schedule 1 drugs! Schedule 1 have a great potential for abuse like heroine and coke, I’m not sure how anyone could honestly put psychedelics in the same category. For reference, mushrooms have been shown to greatly reduce depression as well as anxiety without the horrible side effects or dependency you’d get from an SSRI or benzos, there’s an FDA approved trial going on right now so hopefully they’ll change its classification. We also could eliminate so many blood borne infections simply by mandating single use needles that self destruct. It doesn’t cost much more and it would be a huge improvement for public health concern especially with the current heroine epidemic/opioid crisis. I imagine it’s a lot easier to subdue the population when they’re drugged too so I’d blame big pharma more than your average doctor.
Agreed

free2018

Star
The chemical remedies seem like they get the user addicted.
That's the problem. Some people can have the will to overcome addiction, but for the most part I think with the set up of functioning society, the stress of making a living paired with the chemical drugs. It's driving people insane
Exactly.
What's the healthiest approach?
A good mix of Western and Eastern approaches.
Herbs.
Diet.
Exercise.

Vixy

Star
Exactly.
What's the healthiest approach?
A good mix of Western and Eastern approaches.
Herbs.
Diet.
Exercise.
Best post yet! I was completely well from natural herbs for the adrenals. WELL! After 40 years of physical HELL.

Dalit

Star
Think this goes here. It's the latest from Ty Bollinger (The Truth About Cancer). However, I'm not as sold on supplements in general as I used to be. I just take a little Vitamin D in the winter and some Magnesium Citrate. Was taking all sorts of things and think it just made for expensive urine.

I can attest that taking weight loss supplements is bad. Took caffeinated vitamins once (high energy weight loss) and went to the doctor and also stopped them because my heart rate was too high. You don't want to have that or worse.

https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/dietary-supplements-dangerous/?utm_campaign=ttac-content&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=email-ttac&utm_content=dietary-supplements-dangerous&utm_term=&mpweb=144-7518954-744123971

seeker

An interesting note on the Greek word
Pharmakon (philosophy)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about Pharmakon (philosophy). For other uses, see Pharmakon (disambiguation).
Pharmakon, in philosophy and critical theory, is a composite of three meanings: remedy, poison, and scapegoat.[1] The first and second senses refer to the everyday meaning of pharmacology (and to its sub-field, toxicology), deriving from the Greek source term φάρμακον (phármakon), denoting any drug, while the third sense refers to the pharmakos ritual of human sacrifice. A further sub-sense of pharmakon as remedy which is of interest to some current authors is given by the Liddell-Scott-Jones Greek–English Lexicon as "a means of producing something".[2]
This the root word of:
Psychopharmacology (from Greek ψῡχή, psȳkhē, 'breath, life, soul'; φάρμακον, pharmakon, 'drug'; and -λογία, -logia) is the scientific study of the effects drugs have on mood, sensation, thinking, and behavior. It is distinguished from neuropsychopharmacology, which emphasizes the correlation between drug-induced changes in the functioning of cells in the nervous system and changes in consciousness and behavior.[1]

I'm not saying it's all evil: from of a behavioral standpoint, some of these drugs help people think clearly and limit hallucinations and other mental illness symptoms (although almost never entirely). But still, it does make one wonder...

Also interesting: the Greek root of Psychology is literally soul, yet most scientists have an entirely mechanistic view of human beings. Have we really progressed? And "Science" may soon start incorporating New Age ideas at some point...

Then again, the elite probably do believe in the spiritual realm, and their dark science is a deliberate attempt to manipulate souls.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
I'm a pharmacist. I sell drugs to people and I'll have to say: people are lazy and I have infinite examples of this. It's easier to swallow pills than change your habits. I'm too lazy to write up some examples (haha). Actually i wrote some and then erased it. If you really are interessed i'll write them but not now as it would be way too complex.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
I believe it. Share a few examples.
Without any particular order:

1) A lady came here last week. She had a locked jaw, stiff neck and her body was aching and couldn't sleep. She was suffering from serotonin syndrome because all the stuff she was using. I asked what tragedy happened in her life and she told about how her daughter was murdered, she was taking pills since then. I said that no pill would do her any good anymore, that she needed a psychologist. She said she didn't like them and her family already told her to search one. I told her that the pills wouldn't work anymore and explained how the psychologists could help her. I don't have any news about her, but I believe she didn't search for help.

2) Yesterday there was a lady with high cholesterol rates. After I finished reading her exams she asked what pill I would give her. I said she didn't needed pills, she needed to lose 12 kg at least. She was all like "oh yeah, I like eating grease it's true" she asked for another pill I said she needed to lose weight again, then she leaves. I really don't think she will cut the grease.

3) There's another lady here that she has various problems, one of them being dizziness. We said the problem was coffee. She never quit drinking coffee.

4) Oh Lord the coffee. SO MANY PEOPLE taking sleeping pills but they drink coffee up to 5 times a day and they boast about it. I tell them they don't need any pills but they still don't even try to quit the coffee. The same thing goes to stomach pain and dizziness.

5) A guy here who works with his motorcycle. He has upper arm pain because the bike's vibrations. I told him to hit the gym but he won't quit eating pain pills.

6) There are a lot of cases in my family too. My cousin don't stop taking amphetamines to lose weight but yesterday she was eating a huge piece of bread full of butter.

7) Then there is my uncle who has high cholesterol and high blood pressure. He rides a bike but don't let go the bottle of whisky.

This is what happens: there are people who are under palliative treatment because they don't know what to do (i.e. omeprazole to treat stomach ache because excess coffee). When I told them what to do they'll either a) change their habits or b) don't change their habits.

1) A lady came here last week. She had a locked jaw, stiff neck and her body was aching and couldn't sleep. She was suffering from serotonin syndrome because all the stuff she was using. I asked what tragedy happened in her life and she told about how her daughter was murdered, she was taking pills since then. I said that no pill would do her any good anymore, that she needed a psychologist. She said she didn't like them and her family already told her to search one. I told her that the pills wouldn't work anymore and explained how the psychologists could help her. I don't have any news about her, but I believe she didn't search for help.

2) Yesterday there was a lady with high cholesterol rates. After I finished reading her exams she asked what pill I would give her. I said she didn't needed pills, she needed to lose 12 kg at least. She was all like "oh yeah, I like eating grease it's true" she asked for another pill I said she needed to lose weight again, then she leaves. I really don't think she will cut the grease.

3) There's another lady here that she has various problems, one of them being dizziness. We said the problem was coffee. She never quit drinking coffee.

4) Oh Lord the coffee. SO MANY PEOPLE taking sleeping pills but they drink coffee up to 5 times a day and they boast about it. I tell them they don't need any pills but they still don't even try to quit the coffee. The same thing goes to stomach pain and dizziness.

5) A guy here who works with his motorcycle. He has upper arm pain because the bike's vibrations. I told him to hit the gym but he won't quit eating pain pills.

6) There are a lot of cases in my family too. My cousin don't stop taking amphetamines to lose weight but yesterday she was eating a huge piece of bread full of butter.

7) Then there is my uncle who has high cholesterol and high blood pressure. He rides a bike but don't let go the bottle of whisky.

This is what happens: there are people who are under palliative treatment because they don't know what to do (i.e. omeprazole to treat stomach ache because excess coffee). When I told them what to do they'll either a) change their habits or b) don't change their habits.
Maybe you could suggest things that will meet them halfway, as some habits aren’t broken overnight.

Ex: suggest that the coffee drinker switch to 1/2 or decaf to minimize withdrawals.

Stomach pain from indigestion is sometimes caused by lack of acidity in the stomach. I started taking apple cider vinegar and literally ALL of my stomach issues disappeared within a week.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
Maybe you could suggest things that will meet them halfway, as some habits aren’t broken overnight.

Ex: suggest that the coffee drinker switch to 1/2 or decaf to minimize withdrawals.

Stomach pain from indigestion is sometimes caused by lack of acidity in the stomach. I started taking apple cider vinegar and literally ALL of my stomach issues disappeared within a week.
Oh, I know, suggest them to drink tea instead among other measures like drinking coffee in the morning and tea at night

The Zone

Star
All you have to know about modern medicine is that it is corrupt with a lobbyist pushing things through. Also, the attack about eight years ago on natural meds and clinics speaks volumes as well. Something few talk about is the mark up with meds and why some are the US pay more for drugs manufactured there than do our neighbors. Price gouging and incomplete studies.... I just love the end of med commercials where they list side effects.

Etagloc

Superstar

Why are they drinking so much coffee?

I was getting my Masters in nutrition but got fed up. I saw how in-bed with the ADA big corporations are. Everything was sponsored by Pepsi, Coke, American Dairy Association, National Corn Growers Association, etc... The push for GMOs by everyone made me disgusted. There is no valid testing of GMOs - so we're all essentially lab-rats. Whatever analysis is done is performed by the GMO producers themselves - and naturally, they have skin in the game. Big Pharma is the same. They do their own trials and submit them to the FDA for review (in the United States) so we really depend on the FDA for a proper analysis. But the FDA last I heard does not have enough staff and they're under major pressure to push drugs through. Another major conflict is the number of researchers at various Institutions who work for, or are/were affiliated with, private entities.

I'd say all in all, as soon as corporate entities, or lobbyists (who represent corporate entities) get involved in any sphere of public service (and I include healthcare in this), then you have a problem; because a corporation, when it is reduced to it's simplest definition, is about the bottom line. And when the bottom line is your driver, there will, undoubtedly be, morally questionable activities.