SOCIETY, CULTURE, and POLITICS: Press Freedom, Journalism, Mass Media, Social Media...

e-Enoch

Superstar

e-Enoch

Superstar
Considering this university is given grants by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, albeit, for agriculture, I find this article laughable. Creativity has been suppressed largely, by employers/organizations who are seeking people to be a mere cog in the wheel, which, for most part, is taught in schools and in post-secondary. Trust me, as someone who's creative, I know and understand this all too well. What's incredible is for the past decade or so, they've almost eradicated creativity and independent thought and the lockdown exemplifies this, having people working from home, sitting in front of computer all day, that is sure to stifle one's innate curiosity, inspiration and/or growth. This thread somewhat touches on this premise:

As well, reading through the article, this song also came to mind.

e-Enoch

Superstar
Considering this university is given grants by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, albeit, for agriculture, I find this article laughable. Creativity has been suppressed largely, by employers/organizations who are seeking people to be a mere cog in the wheel, which, for most part, is taught in schools and in post-secondary. Trust me, as someone who's creative, I know and understand this all too well. What's incredible is for the past decade or so, they've almost eradicated creativity and independent thought and the lockdown exemplifies this, having people working from home, sitting in front of computer all day, that is sure to stifle one's innate curiosity, inspiration and/or growth. This thread somewhat touches on this premise:

Considering how the education system is greatly responsible for the dumbing down of the human species for the past decades..."unschooling" is making more and more sense, in my opinion...

How schools "kill" creativity...I believe is a "crime..."

Ken Robinson said it more interestingly than anyone else, I think... one of the nice Ted events that happened in Monterey, CA...

Considering how the education system is greatly responsible for the dumbing down of the human species for the past decades..."unschooling" is making more and more sense, in my opinion...

How schools "kill" creativity...I believe is a "crime..."

Ken Robinson said it more interestingly than anyone else, I think... one of the nice Ted events that happened in Monterey, CA...

Yes, I like Ken Robinson's perspective(s) on the topic, as I find he explains the issues very well, I posted one of his videos earlier. Personally, I think he left behind a great legacy:

*MKNova*

Rookie

It is difficult for creative types. The kinds of work a person can do is so limited, and you know it feels like it is on purpose. I am so tired of having a computer job. Its killing me.

It is difficult for creative types. The kinds of work a person can do is so limited, and you know it feels like it is on purpose. I am so tired of having a computer job. Its killing me.
By all means, don't let it "kill" you. Surprisingly, I find that Pinterest has some interesting ideas and tips so I think that might be a good place to be inspired while sitting in front of a screen all day. I completely understand it would be ideal to use your creativity and independent thinking when you work, but if you can't, utilize it somewhere else.

I personally find that "once creative, always creative" as long as you keep the flames flickering or remember how to ignite the ember.