Predictive programming in "The Leftovers"

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
You may have heard of the movie "Left Behind" - "The Leftovers" is something very different. I have to issue it with a spiritual health warning as it is full of blatant misdirection, deliberate twisting of end times prophecies and R rated content.

The most interesting part (from a conspiracy theory forum perspective) is the way that it sets up a novel scenario around the "dissapearances".

Season 1 trailer*

*Broadly, the beginning of the Tribulation

Certainly, known Christians vanished suddenly, however...

A good number of extra people who were either notable haters of God or people of other faiths were taken too (hence 'proving' the event interpreted by some as "the Rapture" was simply an inexplicable disappearance and nothing more).

My own musings on this are pure speculation of course. I couldn't help but wonder, given the apparent reality of experiences interpreted as alien abduction if the true spiritual entities behind such phenomena might be able to snatch a few of their own?

IF (and it is a big one), the Rapture of the church took place in the near future, might this series have been created by Luciferians? After all, they are also watching for and anticipating end-times events (but for different reasons). Should that turn out to be the case, the flaky "Leftovers" series would quickly become regarded as visionary and I suspect receive a re-run on TV!!

Season 2 trailer*

*Some way into the Tribulation

Season 3 trailer*

*A cynical look at the approach to the seven year mark

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
P.s. even the introductory titles are laden with twisted symbolism.

I would describe this series as a truly diabolical take on the Rapture, leaving me wondering two things:-

Why write it?

Who for?

Dalit

Star
It's HBO, hence the R rated content. That's why I can't watch HBO anymore. I just got sick of all the gratuitous stuff, which is usually violence and sexual content. Stuff behind closed doors is meant to remain behind closed doors.

Anyway, from your description of this show, it makes me think of The Young Pope, which I didn't see all of, but I saw enough to realize it was showing how quietly diabolical a pope could be, yet he was also surrounded by Catholic leaders who weren't moral (surprise, surprise). The only person who appeared to be moral was the sister (played by Diane Keaton) who raised the young pope.

Creepy intros are HBO's thing, I think.

Anyway, my guess is predictive programming perhaps.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The best thing about the Leftovers was the music. It suits this presentation better than the series it was intended for!

Awoken2

Superstar
The most interesting part (from a conspiracy theory forum perspective)
But how can this place be considered a conspiracy theory forum when it's main contributors are pushing the belief that Trump is s good guy and picking a political party makes any type of difference whatsoever?