Prayers against Coronavirus / Faith in action

Wigi

Veteran
I thought about it the other day: Why should we be spectators when we can participate or contribute in a way or another for this sad world?

I wanted to make a thread firstly because I personally need it but I also thought others would need it too.

Let's say it, we live in a toxic environment where fearmongers are legion and many of us are aware about end times and stuff but I believe if us humans came to practice religion or some sort of spirituality that's because we still believe from the bottom of our soul what we all need is hope and comfort.

I know there are Christians, Muslims, gnostics ect. but this is not about pride, not about who does the most nor about exalting our differences. Please this is not the place for that and I don't want to make a thread 'for Christians'.

I would like to see this thread serving as a place for spiritual encouragement where even the least religious of us could ask for prayers and find words of encouragement.
You can post verses, non-religious texts anything that you believe is beneficial for this time we're all going through.

This is about what all of us as humans/spiritual beings/ evolved species thinks is important. Families, friends..

I don't know if it's the right thing to do or even the right place but anyway my father is sick please pray for him.

"God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea"
Psalms 46:1‭-‬2

Last edited:

Kung Fu

Superstar
I thought about it the other day: Why should we be spectators when we can participate or contribute in a way or another for this sad world?

I wanted to make a thread firstly because I personally need it but I also thought others would need it too.

Let's say it, we live in a toxic environment where fearmongers are legion and many of us are aware about end times and stuff but I believe if us humans came to practice religion or some sort of spirituality that's because we still believe from the bottom of our soul what we all need is hope and comfort.

I know there are Christians, Muslims, gnostics ect. but this is not about pride, not about who does the most nor about exalting our differences. Please this is not the place for that and I don't want to make a thread 'for Christians'.

I would like to see this thread serving as a place for spiritual encouragement where even the least religious of us could ask for prayers and find words of encouragement.
You can post verses, non-religious texts anything that you believe is beneficial for this time we're all going through.

This is about what all of us as humans/spiritual beings/ evolved species thinks is important. Families, friends..

I don't know if it's the right thing to do or even the right place but anyway my father is sick please pray for him.

"God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea"
May the One God make it easy for your father, heal him, and bless his soul. Ameen.

May God make it easy for all those inflicted with pain, oppression, and sadness. May He bring them closer to Him and guide them on the straight and righteous path. Ameen.

Wigi

Veteran

"In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul."
Psalms 94:19

"though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me."
Psalms 23:4

student

Rookie
Duas (Prayer) of Protection from Calamities and Diseases

The Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) would make the following du’a:

اللَّهُمََّّ إِنِِّيَّ أَعُوذَُّ بِكََّ مِنََّ البَرَصَِّ وَالْجُنُونَِّ وَالْجُذَامَِّ وَمِنَّْ سَيِِّئَِّ الَْْسْقَامَِّ

Allahumma inni a’oodhu bika minal barasi wal jununi wal judhami wa min sayyi-il asqaam

“O Allah! I seek refuge in You from leukoderma, insanity, leprosy and from (all) evil diseases”
(Abu Dawud 1549 and Ibn Hibban 1017)

Sayyiduna Abu Bakrah (radiyallahu ‘anhu) would recite the following du’a thrice every morning and evening as he heard the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) reciting it:

اللَّهُمَّ عََّافِنِي فَِّي بََّدَنِي، اَّللَّهُمَّ عََّافِنِي فَِّي سََّمْعِي، اَّللَّهُمَّ عََّافِنِي فَِّي بََّصَرِي،َّ لََ إَِّلَهَ إَِّلََّ أََّنْتََّ

Allahumma ‘aafini fee bada-nee, Allahumma ‘aafini fee sam-ee, Allahumma ‘aafini fee basa-ree, Laa ilaaha illa anta

“O Allah! Make my body healthy, O Allah! make my hearing healthy,
O Allah! make my eyesight healthy. There is no Deity but You”.
(Sunan Abi Dawud, Hadith: 5049)

The Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said, “‘When one of you settles at a place, he should say [the following] for nothing will harm him until he leaves from there.”

أَعُوذُ بَِّكَلِمَاتِ اَّللََِّّ اَّلتَّامَّاتِ مَِّنْ شََّرِِّ مََّا خََّلَقََّ

A’oodhu bikalimaa tillahi-t tammati min sharri maa khalaq

“I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allah from the evil of that which He has created”.
(Sahih Muslim, Hadith: 2708)

The Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: Whoever unexpectedly comes across a person suffering a calamity and says {the below du’a – should be said silently so as not to offend the afflicted} then that calamity will never befall him.”

اَلْحَمْدَُّ للَِّ الَّذِىَّْ عَافَانِىَّْ مِمَّاابْتَلاَكََّ بِهَِّ وَفَضَّلَنِىَّْ عَلىََّ كَثِيْ رَّ مِِّمَّنَّْ خَلَقََّ تَفْضِيْ ا لاَّ

Alhamudu lillahil-ladhi aafaani mimmab-talaaka bihi wa faddhalani ‘ala kathirim-mim-man khalaqa tafdheela "

All praise is for Allah; Who saved me from what He has afflicted you with and favoured me more than many others He created."
(Ibn Majah 3892 and Tirmidhi 3431)

Last edited:

Wigi

Veteran
"Come, my people, enter your chambers, And shut your doors behind you; Hide yourself, as it were, for a little moment, Until the indignation is past."
Isaiah 26:20

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God"
Philippians 4:6

Wigi

Veteran
Do not say, “Why were the former days better than these?” For you do not inquire wisely concerning this.
Ecclesiastes 7:10

"And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? If you then are not able to do the least, why are you anxious for the rest?"
Luke 12:25‭-‬26

'God creates us free, free to be selfish, but He adds a mechanism that will penetrate our selfishness and wake us up to the presence of others in this world, and that mechanism is called suffering'William Nicholson, Shadowlands