Power Rangers' Movie First Queer Superhero

mecca

Superstar
There are some plants that can go by this definition but they're not considered animals. Like I said it's an opinion and in no way a fact. For all, we know they can change that definition tomorrow to include all plants and all trees.
We're all living beings made by God.

Aero

Superstar
I'm not taking troll bait but I will say the following.

You weren't born with some greater right to live, or some greater power than any other creature on the earth. In fact You better hope your god exists and loves you if you fall into the Lions den.

I don't know which communion you church goers do. But at my families churches they do the Communion in the Body and Blood of Christ. So If you want that Lion not to eat you, Idk if Christ is the one to look to.

Kung Fu

Superstar
It's not an opinion when something falls under and exact definition and is accepted by everyone.
It's very much an opinion. The English language isn't mathematics or astrology. Words and their meanings change all the time.

Also, I don't know if you're slow in the head or not but you do know that most of the world's population belong to either Christianity and or Islam and none of those religions consider humans to be animals? So again you people that consider humans to be animals are in a very small minority. "Accepted by everyone" lol.

Aero

Superstar
It's very much an opinion. The English language isn't mathematics or astrology. Words and their meanings change all the time.

Also, I don't know if you're slow in the head or not but you do know that most of the world's population belong to either Christianity and or Islam and none of those religions consider humans to be animals? So again you people that consider humans to be animals are in a very small minority. "Accepted by everyone" lol.
I think you are presuming that every Bible, Quran and Hebrew thumper actually believe that. Here I'll fix it. Humans being animals is accepted by everyone in the scientific community, and everyone with an education. It's accepted by Hinduism, Buddhism, Satanists for sure. Luciferians probably all believe they are werewolves.

The dominant religions gained power through fear and oppression. Their ideas can't be tested in a lab experiment. Plenty of studies have been done that show just how similar we are to our animal cousins. So I'll believe the scientists, you people can believe the burning bush someone else saw.

DisenfranchisedDespot

Established
Even if the biological and neurological components required to, say, design and build a computer are present in bits and pieces of other animals, it is their confluence that is found in us. Perhaps every animal is different in its own way, but let’s be clear: as a species, we can do things that other animals could never even dream of. We have the ability to liberate ourselves from our biology and change our environment in conscious ways that all other animals cannot. We may be animals, but we’re not animals. -Adam J Calhoun

I find the part where he mentions being able to consciously change the environment quite intriguing. In ecosystems everything is a delicate balance in that frogs are just as necessary as snakes are as the mongoose is. Disrupt some element, say mosquitoes, to a certain extent and extinction and starvation and even migration may occur.

To not be too lengthy, the point I am trying to make is that where animals are seemingly cogs in the machine humans can manage, maintain, improve, destroy and ultimately alter the world they live in. Crossing frontiers that animals cannot going beyond the physical confines

But I am not superior to animals? I am not worthy of dominion? Instead I am likened to lesser creatures and told that the behavior of beast manifest in humankind is perfectly acceptable?

This isn't about religion or God this should be intrinsic yet some would relate us to beast and deny us our progress and achievements. Despite our failings and fragile nature humans are superior but yet this isn't allowed to be a fact anymore.

Aero

Superstar
Even if the biological and neurological components required to, say, design and build a computer are present in bits and pieces of other animals, it is their confluence that is found in us. Perhaps every animal is different in its own way, but let’s be clear: as a species, we can do things that other animals could never even dream of. We have the ability to liberate ourselves from our biology and change our environment in conscious ways that all other animals cannot. We may be animals, but we’re not animals. -Adam J Calhoun

I find the part where he mentions being able to consciously change the environment quite intriguing. In ecosystems everything is a delicate balance in that frogs are just as necessary as snakes are as the mongoose is. Disrupt some element, say mosquitoes, to a certain extent and extinction and starvation and even migration may occur.

To not be too lengthy, the point I am trying to make is that where animals are seemingly cogs in the machine humans can manage, maintain, improve, destroy and ultimately alter the world they live in. Crossing frontiers that animals cannot going beyond the physical confines

But I am not superior to animals? I am not worthy of dominion? Instead I am likened to lesser creatures and told that the behavior of beast manifest in humankind is perfectly acceptable?

This isn't about religion or God this should be intrinsic yet some would relate us to beast and deny us our progress and achievements. Despite our failings and fragile nature humans are superior but yet this isn't allowed to be a fact anymore.
I think you misunderstood his research, for your own spin. Which is fine, because I will simply counter your spin. His research suggests the only difference is consciousness. Basically a bigger brain, that can hold more memories.

Animals cross plenty of frontiers. They build houses, they destroy and improve environments. They just aren't thinking "hey i really want to bang" before they bang. They just do it by instinct. And mosquitoes have like no value to ecosystems, and they kill more humans than anything. But we are so superior, we get beat by bugs. Yeah we have come far, and we are the best lesser creature. But we are lesser creatures.

DisenfranchisedDespot

Established
I think you misunderstood his research, for your own spin. Which is fine, because I will simply counter your spin. His research suggests the only difference is consciousness. Basically a bigger brain, that can hold more memories.
There was no misunderstanding.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/neuroecology.wordpress.com/2014/06/19/humans-are-animals-but-humans-arent-animals/amp/

There was no spin nor was I asking anyone to agree with me. Any links to his research in relation to the subject at hand?

Animals cross plenty of frontiers. They build houses, they destroy and improve environments. They just aren't thinking "hey i really want to bang" before they bang. They just do it by instinct.
That's not crossing frontiers. I'm not exactly sure what your point was.

But we are so superior, we get beat by bugs. Yeah we have come far, and we are the best lesser creature. But we are lesser creatures.
Animals get 'beat' by bugs too? So are you implying that animals are superior?

Aero

Superstar
There was no misunderstanding.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/neuroecology.wordpress.com/2014/06/19/humans-are-animals-but-humans-arent-animals/amp/

There was no spin nor was I asking anyone to agree with me. Any links to his research in relation to the subject at hand?

That's not crossing frontiers. I'm not exactly sure what your point was.

Animals get 'beat' by bugs too? So are you implying that animals are superior?
Why should I quote his research? You didn't. I don't think you even read his actual research. Just the article he wrote about it. But I'll play this game and quote his article just to fit my agenda.

"Other animals may share the same kind of motivations and decision-making"

"We certainly do have neural structures for decision-making and learning about value that are the same as rats and monkeys"

"Even if the biological and neurological components required to, say, design and build a computer are present in bits and pieces of other animals, it is their confluence that is found in us"

His research supports the fact that we are animals.

Aero

Superstar
I just can't take inhumane treatment of animals. I'm not in the camp that says they should have equal rights, but let's be real. We need animals, we need all these trees. The attitude that we are some godlike creature because brains, is dangerous. People like that are fine to wipe everything out, and leave a wasteland for our grandchildren.

mecca

Superstar
I just can't take inhumane treatment of animals. I'm not in the camp that says they should have equal rights, but let's be real. We need animals, we need all these trees. The attitude that we are some godlike creature because brains, is dangerous. People like that are fine to wipe everything out, and leave a wasteland for our grandchildren.
exactly

DisenfranchisedDespot

Established
Why should I quote his research? You didn't. I don't think you even read his actual research. Just the article he wrote about it. But I'll play this game and quote his article just to fit my agenda.

"Other animals may share the same kind of motivations and decision-making"

"We certainly do have neural structures for decision-making and learning about value that are the same as rats and monkeys"

"Even if the biological and neurological components required to, say, design and build a computer are present in bits and pieces of other animals, it is their confluence that is found in us"

His research supports the fact that we are animals.
What does this even mean? Just because humans are animals doesn't mean we can just be barbaric without consequence... we are better than that.

That was my point.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Humans being animals is accepted by everyone in the scientific community
False.

and everyone with an education.
False.

The dominant religions gained power through fear and oppression.
False

Plenty of studies have been done that show just how similar we are to our animal cousins. So I'll believe the scientists, you people can believe the burning bush someone else saw.
It would make sense that God used an identical blueprint for all of His creations. However, there is a fundamental difference between us humans and the rest of the animal kingdom. Also, not all scientists hold the view that humans are animals. Nice try though.

Aero

Superstar
False.

False.

False

It would make sense that God used an identical blueprint for all of His creations. However, there is a fundamental difference between us humans and the rest of the animal kingdom. Also, not all scientists hold the view that humans are animals. Nice try though.
Do share your vast scientific knowledge with the rest of us.

But when you find sources. Make sure it's not from someone researching the similarities between humans and insects.

Aero

Superstar
The fundamental difference between us and animals is pretty simply. We are full of ourselves. They aren't