Power Rangers' Movie First Queer Superhero

bbsion

Established
Every time I see this post pop up I feel like we’ve regressed as decent humans. Gotta git them queer folk off the TV sets, mmhmm yes siree! :-|
Are you implying that if an individual does not want homosexuality to be so rampant in the media, then they must be lesser developed and cannot be considered a "decent human"?o_O

mecca

Superstar
homosexuality to be so rampant in the media
One gay character is rampant? Trillions of straight characters compared to a small handful of gay ones isn't rampant. And you use the word rampant as if the inclusion of a positive gay character is a negative thing. Gay people don't deserve to be treated unfairly or discriminated against and a few positive portrayals of them as normal people would possibly show some closed minded people that gays are nothing to worry about. That's a good thing because it combats blind hatred.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Almost every TV show on air today has a homosexual character in it. No matter what the leftists or anyone says the majority of people are always going to find homosexuality weird and out of the norm (which it is). It has been built within us to look at homosexuality negatively. I remember growing up and as young as 6-7 there was a negative connotation with being called gay but yet none of us ever talked about skin colour whether it be in positive or negative terms.

Haich

Superstar
I miss the 90s when power rangers was just about a few friends kicking ass and going to school.

Now every cartoon or kids show has an agenda. What purpose does it serve to explore sexuality? I don't think this is aimed at kids, it's clearly a teen show now which is misleading since many remember the time when power rangers was actually aimed at kids.

~JC~

Veteran
Are you implying that if an individual does not want homosexuality to be so rampant in the media, then they must be lesser developed and cannot be considered a "decent human"?o_O
I could be wrong about that, but I didn’t see any indication of evolvement upon reading “First ‘Queer’...” in that subject line. In fact, that term is often used by people quite the opposite of decent.

What about singling gay people out (or anyone who is different or minority for that matter) by use of an old derogatory slang sounds decent to you?

Last edited:

bbsion

Established
I could be wrong about that, but I didn’t see any indication of evolvement upon reading “First ‘Queer’...” in that subject line. In fact, that term is often used by people quite the opposite of decent.

What about singling gay people out (or anyone who is different or minority for that matter) by use of an old derogatory slang sounds decent to you?
Don't they parade themselves as queer? LGBTQ right? "Q can mean either 'questioning' or 'queer,' Fred Sainz, a spokesman for the Human Rights Campaign, an organization that lobbies for LGBT rights, told USA TODAY Network. Either interpretation is accepted, he said." (Side note: Everyone here should know USA Today is a media outlet that pushes the agenda as well.) So did you want to retract your statement when you say that it's typically used by people quite the opposite of decent?

Plus, you (and many others) seem to be missing the entire point of the gay agenda. Whether or not you are purposely doing it, you are also kinda pushing the agenda as well when you try and prove that all people who disagree with homosexuality must be a bigot. Good luck proving that... you'll come up empty handed.

bbsion

Established
One gay character is rampant? Trillions of straight characters compared to a small handful of gay ones isn't rampant. And you use the word rampant as if the inclusion of a positive gay character is a negative thing. Gay people don't deserve to be treated unfairly or discriminated against and a few positive portrayals of them as normal people would possibly show some closed minded people that gays are nothing to worry about. That's a good thing because it combats blind hatred.
You must not watch much TV or movies. As Kung Fu said, homosexual characters is in nearly everything now. They warmed everyone up to make it seem normal. It's now in everything (rampant), and if you do not accept homosexuality as good and normal then you are in the wrong. Don't fall for that... it's total crap ideology.

I don't know how many times I've said this, it's getting old, but you can love the person and treat them well and disagree with homosexuality at the same time.

mecca

Superstar
You must not watch much TV or movies.
I do watch some TV and movies and the majority of all the characters are not gay. Most of the shows I watch don't have a gay character and if they do, it's usually a secondary character and them being gay is irrelevant to the actual plot of the show.
I don't know how many times I've said this, it's getting old, but you can love the person and treat them well and disagree with homosexuality at the same time.
Yeah and an example of treating them well/fairly would be not caring if there's a gay character in a show.

Kung Fu

Superstar
I do watch some TV and movies and the majority of all the characters are not gay. Most of the shows I watch don't have a gay character and if they do, it's usually a secondary character and them being gay is irrelevant to the actual plot of the show.

Yeah and an example of treating them well/fairly would be not caring if there's a gay character in a show.
No one said the majority of characters were gay but what people have been saying is that in almost every TV show and movie there is a gay character/couple and a lot of emphasis is put on it. This doesn't match up with reality since the majority of the world are straight and therefore quite distorting when they put a gay character into every TV show nowadays.

They warmed everyone up to make it seem normal. It's now in everything (rampant), and if you do not accept homosexuality as good and normal then you are in the wrong. Don't fall for that... it's total crap ideology.
Yeah exactly, no one likes a person who holds on to this attitude of expecting others to change just to appease them. Hey, wait a second... what a coincidence: "disagree with homosexuality" What does that even mean? Do you "disagree" with bad weather too?

I mean, I do understand that it's perceived as an issue of morality for many people, but on the other hand, it's also a lot like telling someone "oh no, I would never say that you're ugly, that would be mean. I just disagree with your face" Honestly, how do you expect people to view that sort of commentary? What exactly is the point of expressing this disapproval other than to provoke and annoy someone?

mecca

Superstar
No one said the majority of characters were gay but what people have been saying is that in almost every TV show and movie there is a gay character/couple and a lot of emphasis is put on it. This doesn't match up with reality since the majority of the world are straight and therefore quite distorting when they put a gay character into every TV show nowadays.
I don't think there is a lot of emphasis on it. If there's a gay character it really doesn't matter and they're usually a secondary character anyway. Yes gay people are a minority in the world and they're still the minority in television as well.

Kung Fu

Superstar
I don't think there is a lot of emphasis on it. If there's a gay character it really doesn't matter and they're usually a secondary character anyway. Yes gay people are a minority in the world and they're still the minority in television as well.
That's simply your opinion which I would say is wrong because if there was no emphasis on it there wouldn't be a gay character/couple in every TV show.

If they're a minority in reality why are they put in almost every TV show then?

bbsion

Established
Yeah exactly, no one likes a person who holds on to this attitude of expecting others to change just to appease them. Hey, wait a second... what a coincidence: "disagree with homosexuality" What does that even mean? Do you "disagree" with bad weather too?

I mean, I do understand that it's perceived as an issue of morality for many people, but on the other hand, it's also a lot like telling someone "oh no, I would never say that you're ugly, that would be mean. I just disagree with your face" Honestly, how do you expect people to view that sort of commentary? What exactly is the point of expressing this disapproval other than to provoke and annoy someone?
You're grasping man. I disagree that homosexuality is normal. I disagree that it should be so prevalent in media. I disagree with people who think I am a bigot because of this. I disagree with your analogies. If you did not catch what I meant then oh well. I will try to convey the message a little more clearly for you now.

You can love and be kind to the person and not be in agreeance with the immoral behaviors/actions/decisions/beliefs they are engaged in. You can also disagree without intention to provoke or annoy.

~JC~

Veteran
Don't they parade themselves as queer? LGBTQ right? "Q can mean either 'questioning' or 'queer,' Fred Sainz, a spokesman for the Human Rights Campaign, an organization that lobbies for LGBT rights, told USA TODAY Network. Either interpretation is accepted, he said." (Side note: Everyone here should know USA Today is a media outlet that pushes the agenda as well.) So did you want to retract your statement when you say that it's typically used by people quite the opposite of decent?

Plus, you (and many others) seem to be missing the entire point of the gay agenda. Whether or not you are purposely doing it, you are also kinda pushing the agenda as well when you try and prove that all people who disagree with homosexuality must be a bigot. Good luck proving that... you'll come up empty handed.
No, not at all. Nor do I think everyone who disagrees with homosexuality or being “queer” is cold hearted. But you’re saying the word in that header was used in the interest of being PC to the LGBTQ acronym and what they’re parading themselves as. I’ll accept that.

I’m not supporting any agenda. I speak from the heart. I have gay friends and I would never, nor have I ever referred to them as “queer” or discourage them or make them feel ashamed for being who they are or what they dream to do in their life. And I especially don’t give a snot about who they’re having sex with in the interim. So be the first gay superhero. Hollywood is full of scumbags anyway so what difference does it make to you if Miley Cyrus is getting dry humped on stage wearing a nude bathing suit at the MTV awards or if there’s a queer superhero?

mecca

Superstar
If they're a minority in reality why are they put in almost every TV show then?
They're not in almost every TV show. Almost every TV show is about straight characters.

But there's probably many various reasons that some writers may want to write a gay character into their show. What matters in a TV show or movie is that it's engaging and tells an entertaining story that people want to watch. It doesn't really matter if some writers want to tell a story with a gay character in it. Regardless, gay characters are still very much a minority in tv and movies.

Last edited:
You're grasping man. I disagree that homosexuality is normal. I disagree that it should be so prevalent in media. I disagree with people who think I am a bigot because of this. I disagree with your analogies. If you did not catch what I meant then oh well. I will try to convey the message a little more clearly for you now.

You can love and be kind to the person and not be in agreeance with the immoral behaviors/actions/decisions/beliefs they are engaged in. You can also disagree without intention to provoke or annoy.
No, I get it. Good for you for sticking to your moral code, etc but that is all beside the point. Part of my point was that a person will never actually feel very loved by someone who focuses on whatever it is they don't like about them. Your loving intention doesn't amount to shit if your actions are really perceived as overstepping bounds, not minding your own business, etc. Not intending to provoke and annoy doesn't actually make it any less provocative and annoying. All you did was repeat yourself while avoiding the questions you don't like. No worries though, carry on.

~JC~

Veteran
They're not in almost every TV show. Almost every TV show is about straight characters.
I’m with you all the way, Mecca. All I see in this thread is blind fear for the most part.

As an aside (sorry for the long rant), I really hope one day people will stop giving a shyte about who people want to bang. It’s one of the top dumbest things to ever care about in my opinion; moreover, it’s none of our fkng business! With EVERYTHING else that is affecting our people and our world....the first “queer” superhero...Fk the agenda, this thread is rampant with people who want to hide these homos and freaks on an island somewhere and forget all about them. Let’s be real. It’s just convenient that there’s an “agenda” at play so there’s some justification for the inability to accept a person’s sexual preference.

And what is the agenda? To blur the lines of male and female? Well, newsflash people; they ain’t getting LESS gay because you don’t “believe” in it, nor are good people/actors out to r*pe your kids or turn them gay. Blame Hollywood for their pedo BS and escalating sexualization of homo and/or heterosexual actors on television if that’s the concern.

Time to face your fear and start seeing people as PEOPLE and the criminals as criminals.

~JC~

Veteran

Whether you agree or disagree with how a group of people feel in their hearts has nothing to do with you in the least, unless they're asking you to participate. If their intentions are good and they are not hurting other people, what is your problem? This is a serious question, by the way.

What I'm perplexed by is how you can love and be kind to the person all while creating a wall of separation because you think what they're doing is wrong or immoral. How does that work? What are the immoral actions you're speaking of? Gayness itself? I know of a lot of straight people who have done some twisted sht, but this seems different somehow. Please explain, I am curious. I want to see where all the negative connotations come from surrounding this issue.