posting non-YT video clips

polymoog

Superstar
how does one do this?

i was trying to post a bitchute video, but i couldnt embed it.
on this site, can we only link to it?

id like to be able to move away from YT and share videos from alt media file sharing networks in the future.

polymoog

Superstar
im bumping this up in the wake of YTs further clampdown of free speech. there are videos elsewhere (bitchute, for example) that arent available on YT which id like to add to posts.
id like to make it more of a habit for everyone to embed youtube alternatives here rather than use that controlled site.

polymoog

Superstar
bumpity- bump.

hello, VC?
echo... echo... echo....

now batting for the dodgers... manny mota... mota... mota....

VigilantCitizen

Administrator

polymoog

Superstar
For any other video source, you need to post a link. Maybe more video providers will be added in upcoming updates.
thanks for the reply.

unsurprisingly, every one of those platforms/websites is compromised or controlled.
lets hope that we get a software update in the future. sure would be nice.

Reactions: NPC

Dalit

Star
thanks for the reply.

unsurprisingly, every one of those platforms/websites is compromised or controlled.
lets hope that we get a software update in the future. sure would be nice.
KJ from The Scariest Movie Ever is making the move to BitChute. Yay!

Vytas

Star
How popular bitchute is ? YouTube is like google, whatever you want you will find it. That's the main advantage that keeps me in there.

Dalit

Star
How popular bitchute is ? YouTube is like google, whatever you want you will find it. That's the main advantage that keeps me in there.
I understand. I'm still a bit lazy because people I follow are on there, but the smart ones are starting to move.

Vytas

Star
I understand. I'm still a bit lazy because people I follow are on there, but the smart ones are starting to move.
Those who share controversial content are giving up pretty fast. They are pissed of, they did nothing wrong but YouTube treats them like some criminals whose existence it has to suffer. It's hard to stay anywhere than you treated like that. Audience will leave too. After all it's content we are interested in, not platform itself...

polymoog

Superstar
its growing very fast and as people grow tired of the censorship, bitchute grows.
whats nice is that its blockchain. i dont think it can be shut down.
youtube is worthless censored garbage with their new, updated TOS (unless you want to watch left slanted videos, authoritative news, or mindless junk). YT is no longer about individual content creators. its turning into a quasi-netflix mainstream video site. do a random search and youll get only mainstream sources at the top of your listings.
the problem with bitchute is the search engine is totally worthless. they are supposed to be working on that (and a better comments section-- at least the edgy creators have comments sections filled with agent provocateurs). for the searches, the workaround everyone is doing is to use startpage or duck duck go as the search engine. despite the problems, its all about free speech, and thats the most important.