Popular Secular Artists & their Jesus Shift

Swiftturtle

Established
In another thread I put what’s below, but it’s really an evolving conversation all on its own, so I think it should be its own thread...

“Ironically, Billie also adores Bieber, who talks about Jesus a lot. While I’m not a fan of Hillsong, to put it lightly, he is very vocal about pursuing Christ. He gets a lot of flack for it, esp bc Christians are critical of him- but his heart and actions are between him & Jesus. Same thing with Kanye. It’s easy to point out past occult ties/behavior from him in his career, so it’s easy to label him telling Nikki Minaj he’s now a believer + praise services as suspect, but redemption is the point of the gospel, and Jesus came for everyone, even those that used to praise the occult. That’s why discernment is so important. I think I’ll move this part a different thread topic bc there’s a lot happening in this arena....”

Stephania

Star
IMHO, I don't buy it. The ones who sold out are just jumping from black to white squares on the checkerboard for their false Christ. It's also such a big diversion.. I mean God is concerned number one with the poor meek and oppressed, not saving rich beast worshipping Illuminati who have been programming ppl for years that it's ok to blaspheme the spirit, not be a widow from Babylon, and pal around with Satan.

Last edited:

Swiftturtle

Established
https://www.faithwire.com/2019/07/31/kanye-west-tells-rapper-nicki-minaj-hes-now-a-born-again-christian/

Nicki has always given me the heebs, and she’s another artist that has an “alter” persona.
Ironically, I learned today that the +incredibly+ talented Tasha Cobbs was contacted by Nicki asking to be on one of her songs. I was always confused by it, but it’s interesting to hear what Tasha says happened because she agreed to it. https://blackamericaweb.com/2017/08/31/tasha-cobbs-leonard-responds-to-nicki-minaj-controversy/

Stephania

Star
"Beware of the scribes and the Pharisees who wear long flowing robes in the marketplace for greetings and love chief seats at feasts, who devour the widow's house and for a pretence make long prayers. These shall receive the greater condemnation." - Jesus

Swiftturtle

Established
IMHO, I don't buy it. The ones who sold out are just jumping from black to white squares on the checkerboard for their false Christ. It's also such a big diversion.. I mean God is concerned number one with the poor meek and oppressed, not saving rich beast worshipping Illuminati who have been programming ppl for years that it's ok to blaspheme the spirit and pal around with Satan.
Taking those exact ppl and having them be the example of redemption is the beauty of the gospel being shown on a huge platform. God says we’ll know them by their fruits- and just like God grants me grace everyday, I know he offers the same to them. I worry about it being a gimmick, esp in kanye’s case, but last Sunday he was literally out in the streets, joyfully praising God. I can’t fathom what he’s seen and experienced, and only time will show where his heart’s allegiance is, but he has a huge platform. In spaces where we get Artists like Billie getting thousands of teens to scream horrifying lyrics and surround themselves with artists that celebrate terror & depravity, it’s a shock to the matrix to have Kanye coming out with a gospel choir and praising Jesus. Time will tell- but can you imagine if he takes that album on tour? If stadiums are filled with joyful praise bc the people are either Christians or just curiously attracted to the drastically different atmosphere of joyful praise in comparison to spiders, gore, and sex? Imagine the impact on culture...the other artists that might be timid right now, but in trying to say Kanye is crazy end up experiencing something they never have?

Stephania

Star
I def remember that- but the interesting side note in that article? Kanye stayed home.
Kanye at the time was being made a mockery of by paling around with Trump and calling him his 'dragon brother'. I'm sure that had something to do with it.

I posted this here in a different thread.. but just be careful when it comes to these ppl and trust.

it’s a shock to the matrix to have Kanye coming out with a gospel choir and praising Jesus. Time will tell- but can you imagine if he takes that album on tour? If stadiums are filled with joyful praise bc the people are either Christians or just curiously attracted to the drastically different atmosphere of joyful praise in comparison to spiders, gore, and sex?
And of course he's infamous for being an egomaniac with a god-complex at the same time. It's a strange world afterall. I was suprised to find out the other day (when I heard of this) that his wife Kim (yea, her) also happens to be a self-claimed "Christian".
It's just....weird....

Swiftturtle

Established
"Beware of the scribes and the Pharisees who wear long flowing robes in the marketplace for greetings and love chief seats at feasts, who devour the widow's house and for a pretence make long prayers. These shall receive the greater condemnation." - Jesus
I read that and think “Hillsong.”
What’s more dangerous:
A church that claims to follow Biblical teachings but delves into deviations that are so ‘slight’ that a Christian is deceived by the leaders that say they’re in accordance with scripture, OR, a celebrity that has many ‘sin/occult’ examples in his past and says ‘no, I want to use my influence for Jesus. I’m seeking him now, even though few will believe me, and many will mock me’?
The head of Hillsong is being investigated by the Aus. police for covering his father’s pedo crimes and trying to pay off the victims, but ‘Christian culture’ holds hillsong in high esteem, all the while thinking Kanye saying he’s seeking Christ- which resulted in him being ridiculed and turned on by fans and other artists, is a gimmick, is sad. Idk if it’s a gimmick or not, but he set fire to his old fan base, jumping into a group that he knows already judges him and thinks it’s an angle. That’s why I think he actually might be trying- def has a long way to go...he’s a baby Christian for sure, but I’m not going to write it off bc I’m not God. Likewise, I’m not going to put him in the ‘you said Jesus, I’m on board!’ category

Swiftturtle

Established
[/QUOTE]
Could be the case idk...

For Bieber though ahhh no he is definitely not of Christ (i'm not the only one thinking that )
I thought to myself maybe he turned around too.... (i was waiting to see the signs of repentance,etc...)
Then 6 hours later (what a coincidence ) he posted on twitter or instagram (i don't remember which one but i look it up again if you want )
himself doing a 6 over his eye
So i can understand why they are critical of him
(You will know them by the fruits of their spirits )
So judging by it he is still in the occult and has infiltrated churches
I could be wrong but that's how i saw it
For Kanye uh i'll keep it to myself otherwise it could get into a debate and since i have severe anxiety i'll rather not ^^'
Ps : i don't tend to care about those idols anymore
They are all satanic except perhaps a very few placed by God

But i guess i understand your point
Have a good day :)
Kanye is a hot topic- I totally get it. He’s become the hot potato in culture: “you take him!” “No, you take him!” “No, he’s alllllll yours!!” Ha

Oh Bieber...drugged up, no one tells him no, his ‘spiritual leaders’ are anything but... it grieves my heart. I genuinely think he wants to change, and knows he needs Jesus, but it’s like he’s surrounded by rows and rows of walls that he starts to try to climb, but is easily pulled back down. Then he’s told ‘oh, Jesus is ok with what you’re doing, no worries’ and Justin has to know that’s not the case, but their way let’s him keep being the person he is. CDAN writes about the blackmail Hillsong has on him and their ‘scientology’-like control tactics and it’s terrifying.

Swiftturtle

Established
One more thing about this.. his wife was there though, as a 'holy chalice' :rolleyes:
I cant help but think ‘handler’ when I think about her. Only there to report back to keep herself in the “good graces” of the occult, & sabotage from within if his pursuit of Christ is genuine. She’s riding that line very, very strategically.

Stephania

Star
I cant help but think ‘handler’ when I think about her. Only there to report back to keep herself in the “good graces” of the occult, & sabotage from within if his pursuit of Christ is genuine. She’s riding that line very, very strategically.
Sis.. He was doing all that satanic ish before he even met her with JayZ, Beyonce and Rihanna. Handler?? I don't think so. She was giving blowjobs for fame before she met him. I guess he liked her tape. Lol

Swiftturtle

Established
Sis.. He was doing all that satanic ish before he even met her with JayZ, Beyonce and Rihanna. Handler?? I don't think so. She was giving blowjobs for fame before she met him. I guess he liked her tape. Lol
Ha he sure was! There are a lot of people that did horrible stuff before turning to Christ, tho. That’s literally the beauty of the gospel- what you once were isn’t who you have to continue to be. However, she married him when he was in his occult loving ways. Him going rogue- and even turning to Jesus- would be a huge deal esp bc of his past company. So, why would she stick around when she gets flack for it by staying with him, unless it’s bc she has other reasons. She’s clearly not declaring she’s turned to Jesus like her hubby is, and she’s no stranger to divorce- she’s had two already. So, why stay when she doesn’t agree

Stephania

Star
Then.. him and Rihanna went on to do a duet for McCartney. IDK if you've seen VC's articles on McCartney.. but they all know what they are doing.

As far as Beiber goes, as I said, in that whole 'game' the only ones I truly feel bad for are the kids they got. The other ones were not kids, they know what they are doing and even tell us and show us. Also.. the masses and God are no 'game' to be played with. And since the actual world leaders feel the same way about us, how are they going to save us from them? These artists are the little horn in Daniel that has a nation unlike other nations.. the antichrists the whole world worship.. that has the wisdom of the other nation beasts.. but uses arts philosophy and music and sorcery like Nebuchadnezzar et all and destroys judgement and true Christ. Do whatever you want, all is forgiven. Uh huh. :rolleyes:

Stephania

Star
I prefer to stick with listening to the artists that didn't cross the line during the last 10 years. There are those too. I have seen too much to trust any of these other ones ever again, they crossed the Rubicon of blasphemy, and I don't worship idols anyways. My opinion. As @Cocomj said in other thread, you can believe what you want, but I really have had enough of them and their BS:)

Swiftturtle

Established
‘The do w/e you want bc Christ will forgive’ is the mud I think Biebs is in. Kanye is the wild card of wild cards- but Jesus is the King of Kings, and anything is possible. All through scripture He used the most unlikely people that society deemed ‘irredeemable.’

Swiftturtle

Established
I prefer to stick with listening to the artists that didn't cross the line during the last 10 years. There are those too. I have seen too much to trust any of these other ones ever again, they crossed the Rubicon of blasphemy, and I don't worship idols anyways. My opinion. As @Cocomj said, you can believe what you want, but I really have had enough of them and their BS:)
I could tell you stories about some of those ‘squeaky clean’ Christian artists that would blow your mind...we’re all sinners, even if they’re played on Klove... I guess that’s why I lean into ‘Lord, let’s see what you do’.