Pope Francis - Man of Mystery

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
Exactly @Red Sky at Morning

For those who may have not delved into this aspect of the RCC, here are other solid examples of the RCC proclaiming their image of 'Mary' as mediator, co-savior and even savior - in other words: divine goddess.
Mediator: yes.
Co-savior: yes.
Savior: no.
Divine Godess: what?

Don't you forget to add Saint Joseph as the savior of the savior there, too.

John K.

Rookie
I'm veryyyy disappointed with the Pope.
I don't understand his lack of values.
He said that "all people should get the covid19 vaccine".
He was not like this in Argentina, he had values...something has changed in him.
I prefer to think that the current pope is a double, and the real pope is dead.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
He was not like this in Argentina, he had values...something has changed in him.
Or else the Pope is well versed in the Jesuit creed - to be “all things to all men”?

elsbet

Superstar
Interesting.

It sounds as if he identifies with Judas, and possibly intends to repent, at his final breath--- but not a moment before.

I assure you and most solemnly say to you, whatever you bind [forbid, declare to be improper and unlawful] on earth shall have [already] been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose [permit, declare lawful] on earth shall have [already] been loosed in heaven.​

So he declared it a heresy to say Judas is condemned. Interesting, indeed.

recure

Established
He may have changed, but the Papacy still has a lot of work to do as far as adopting Lutheran values.

Lurking009

Veteran
He may have changed, but the Papacy still has a lot of work to do as far as adopting Lutheran values.

The ELCA doesn't represent all Lutheran values. They only represent their own personal liberal values. The ELCA jumped the shark a long time ago and rejects Biblical authority. Other synods such as WELS and LCMS still maintain strong Biblical practices and beliefs.

John K.

Rookie

At this point a transgender bishop is irrelevant... Even a gay marriage between bishops is irrelevant. The Pope and the Christian church are accomplices and participants in a global genocide. That's much worse...

recure

Established
The ELCA doesn't represent all Lutheran values. They only represent their own personal liberal values. The ELCA jumped the shark a long time ago and rejects Biblical authority. Other synods such as WELS and LCMS still maintain strong Biblical practices and beliefs.
True, I almost forgot that Protestants seldom agree on what constitutes Biblical practices.

elsbet

Superstar
From the article:

It “reiterated that Jerusalem must be recognized by all as a place of encounter and not of conflict, and that its status must preserve its identity and universal value as a Holy City for all three Abrahamic religions.”​

With the Vatican at the helm, no doubt.

It is amazing how much of Israel they want to be granted to them. I'll try to link tomorrow... it's getting late over here.

In the meantime, here is an excerpt from an article written over 21 years ago, c. Pope John Paul II-- 31 July 2000:

Vatican Wants Role In Jerusalem Accord
The Vatican wants a say in trying to bring the Israeli-Palestinian talks to a peaceful accord...​

The Vatican made clear during the talks that it, along with Israel and the Palestinians, holds its own distinct position on the city, sacred to Christians, Jews and Muslims alike...​

... the Vatican has a different vision for Jerusalem, long-held and so strongly felt that Pope John Paul II publicly reminded Camp David's powerbrokers of it during the talks.​

Urging all sides "not to overlook the importance of the spiritual dimension of the city of Jerusalem," John Paul repeated the Holy See's insistence that international oversight - "a special statute, internationally guaranteed" - would best safeguard the city's holy sites and all its religions.​

In February, the Palestinians and the Vatican signed an accord that, among other conditions regarding Palestinian territory, calls for international safeguards of freedom of religion in Jerusalem.​
LINK

I think a lot of people have a tendency to underestimate them, concerning the middle east. Good eye. :)
-

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Pope Francis instructs Vatican entities to move all funds to Vatican bank by Sept. 30

The Institute for Religious Works, or 'Vatican bank'. (File Photo/CNA).

Pope Francis has ordered that the Holy See and connected entities move all financial assets to the Institute for Works of Religion (IOR), commonly known as the Vatican bank.
The pope’s rescript, issued Aug. 23, clarifies the interpretation of a paragraph in the new constitution of the Roman Curia, Praedicate Evangelium, promulgated in March.

According to Francis’ rescript, financial and liquid assets held in banks other than the IOR must be moved to the Vatican bank within 30 days of Sept. 1, 2022.

The IOR, based in Vatican City State, has 110 employees and 14,519 clients. As of 2021, it looked after 5.2 billion euros ($5.6 billion) of client assets.

Just last month the pope falsely assured a grieving boy that his unbelieving, atheist father will be saved, which is nothing less than an outright denial of the necessity of believing the gospel message.
Other speakers included Deepak Chopra, a New Age guru and one world religion proponent who expressed hopes in 2016 that Pope Francis would move beyond the Catholic Church to become "a holy man for the world" by embracing the validity of all faiths and the importance of mind-altering meditation.
The Pope told a crowd of some 33,000 people that the teachings of those who believe you can have a personal, direct relationship with Jesus Christ are "dangerous and harmful."
In 2015 Pope Francis called religious fundamentalism "a sickness," even if that fundamentalism is non-violent (e.g. Christian fundamentalism). Fundamentalism is essentially believing in the literal truth of religious texts and teachings
This man - and by extension the catholic church - holds nonbelievers in higher regard than Christians.

Atheists and new agers are saved, but following Jesus and believing the Bible are "dangerous"? Evil.

(Haven't read the whole thread, perhaps this has already been expressed)

A Freeman

Superstar
2 Thessalonians 2:3-12
2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of The Destroyer (Lucifer - Satan);
2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in The Temple of God, showing himself that he is God (the Holy Father - a designation reserved for God alone - John 17:11).
2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2:7 For the mystery (Rev. 17:5) of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth [will let], until he be taken out of the way.
2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the [Sword of the] Spirit from his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness [of the enlightening] of his coming (Matt. 24:27):
2:9 [Even the Wicked], whose coming is the work of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of The Truth, that they might be saved.
2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not The Truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.