Political Compass

Z. T. Jacob

Established
Ugh after those creative memes of yours now im scared to tell :) I think im about halfway up an a little bit right...Test got me halfway left and a little bit up...
I've heard that the creator of this test was very left leaning and intentionally skewed results to make people think they were leftist, and would so vote for his favored poliyical parties. Just speculation I've heard from somebody, I don't know if it's true.

Vytas

Star
Did it again, since there are presidential election coming in few days in my country. This time really put thought to it.Since Im as apolitical as they come, though maybe it will give me some insight for who to vote, no that i believe it will make any difference... anyhow this test really lacks middle option...Some questions are so tough to choose...

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar

About what I thought.

I always throw things out of wack a bit because I'm a secret lefty on some issues, and I think society has no place telling people they can't sin.

Lisa

Superstar
Think it's more separation of church and state, am I right?
Is church and state separated? If you think about the laws at least in the US, do not murder, do not steal...aren’t those Biblical anyway?

Morally, should preachers preach? We have the answer to the problem that the world doesn’t even think about, sin. The undertone of all problems in this world.

DesertRose

Superstar
... anyhow this test really lacks middle option...Some questions are so tough to choose...
I agree with you some answers depend on certain variables etc.
:D I think I just like tests.

Economic Left/Right: -4.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.59

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
I should have said government, not society.

And I'm not talking about crimes against other people.
O, but don’t you think that governments have a burden to make laws that punish wrongdoing? Even if that wrong doing is thought to be against yourself? Because many times the wrong doing hurts the people you love.

Thunderian

Superstar
O, but don’t you think that governments have a burden to make laws that punish wrongdoing? Even if that wrong doing is thought to be against yourself? Because many times the wrong doing hurts the people you love.
I'm not arguing for a lawless society, but as close to it as possible. Laws are the enemy of freedom, and a healthy society can't develop properly when there are too many. Punishment for crimes against people and property are a part of a healthy society, but punishment for being gay or high or mean is wrong.

It's not ever the government's job to legislate moral behaviour or to prevent someone's feelings getting hurt. I'm sure you would think it's just fine, as long as the government's morals reflect yours, but don't ever expect that will always be the case. It's better that they don't have that power.

Lisa

Superstar
I'm not arguing for a lawless society, but as close to it as possible. Laws are the enemy of freedom, and a healthy society can't develop properly when there are too many. Punishment for crimes against people and property are a part of a healthy society, but punishment for being gay or high or mean is wrong.

It's not ever the government's job to legislate moral behaviour or to prevent someone's feelings getting hurt. I'm sure you would think it's just fine, as long as the government's morals reflect yours, but don't ever expect that will always be the case. It's better that they don't have that power.
I don’t think its wrong for governments to say this is wrong don’t do it. Isn’t it their responsibility to do that? Romans 13 for example?
Paul says we should be in subjection not only because of wrath, but also for conscience’ sake.

O, I know the government will put laws into affect that I won’t like, I live in a state that marijuana is legal and that won’t probably be the end of it.

Thunderian

Superstar
I don’t think its wrong for governments to say this is wrong don’t do it. Isn’t it their responsibility to do that? Romans 13 for example?
Paul says we should be in subjection not only because of wrath, but also for conscience’ sake.

O, I know the government will put laws into affect that I won’t like, I live in a state that marijuana is legal and that won’t probably be the end of it.
I don't know what Romans 13 has to do with my not wanting my government to decide what's moral and what isn't.

I live in a country where marijuana's legal, and I think it's great.

Lisa

Superstar
I don't know what Romans 13 has to do with my not wanting my government to decide what's moral and what isn't.

I live in a country where marijuana's legal, and I think it's great.
They already do if they have killing and stealing as illegal don’t ya think.

The Zone

Star
chart.png
A little more left for me than some may think. I think the algo leans left a tad from what I am seeing from others. But I am basically a Centrist/Libertarian that leans right in my opinion of myself. So, who is surprised by anyone's results thus far and who do you compare favorably to on the boards?

Last edited: