PM Netanyahu: Today I'm going to make an unprecedented offer to Iran

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I love calligraphy too!
Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him in Arabic calligraphy.
I thought so! But mainly based on a guesstimation, not any real command of the language. We prayed at the mosque last night, and I hope maybe it was the night of power! I hope you have plenty to eat and share with others during these last days of this years holy month.

DesertRose

Superstar
We prayed at the mosque last night, and I hope maybe it was the night of power! I hope you have plenty to eat and share with others during these last days of the holy month.
Ameen! May the most High accept all your duas. InshaAllah! Glad to read your thoughts on this site btw. :--).

rainerann

Star
"You can literally buy these things on many websites and have it shipped to Iran, I would imagine."
Thats an interesting question...... I would think the sanctions could impede your idea but its worth exploring.
Yah, I am interested. I see you can buying from Amazon is limited but even if you can't buy from an international distributor, setting up a drip irrigation system is easy. You just tubing and something to pierce the tubing where you need your drip line. You can manually do this buy turning on your main water source if you can't get an electronic device that you can set a timer for when you want your drip line to release water. I seriously have one in the flower beds in my backyard. It was under 50 dollars to set up from Home Depot and that is because I have an electronic timer. If you can access any of the 50,000 (exaggerated) blogs on how to install something like this, your good to go. You can set up your own backyard farm with a drip line. You can also conserve water by putting some kind of mulch over the ground so that water doesn't evaporate, which is again available on a hundred blogs that have a translate feature installed on the majority of them. I like DIY ag stuff.

If you don't have a way to access the tubing, it won't matter if you have information in Farsi, English, Mandarin, etc. anyway. It is just so ridiculous.

Thunderian

Superstar
Like stealing the water-rich areas from nations they share borders with?
Why do this? Why lie?

Israel gets it's fresh water from the Sea of Galilee, in Israel, from the Jordan river, in Israel, and from desalination plants on the Red Sea and the Mediterranean.

rainerann

Star
The sensors are new additions to a drip irrigation line. They will test whether the soil is moist and determine if it needs to be watered so that you don't over water your crops and waste water. You can buy these things online. https://farmsolutions.com/works-with/sensors/

I just said "life" to the Iranian people. Wow.

Thunderian

Superstar
Oh brother.

MYTH: Israelis Steal Water From The Palestinian-Arabs

The Myth of the Thirsty Palestinian

The Facts About the Palestinian Arab Water Supply

• Israel supplies to the Palestinian Arabs in Judea and Samaria 46 million cubic meters (MCM) a year more water than Israel is obligated to under the Oslo Accords.
  • Israel supplies to the Palestinian Arabs, as a whole, 52 MCM a year more water than Israel is obligated to under the Oslo accords.
  • In direct breach of the Oslo accords, the Palestinian Arabs have drilled over 300 unauthorized wells in the "West Bank". (This “off the books” extra water, drawn by the Palestinian Authority, is in addition to the extra 52 MCM of water Israel has allocated to the Palestinian Arabs above the required Oslo Accords allotment.)
  • The Palestinian Arabs do not treat their sewage water which is contaminating the Western Samarian aquifer that topographically runs westward down the western half of the Samarian "West Bank" Mountains to the Tel Aviv coastal plain aquifers. (See this reporter’s graphic compilation.)
  • In direct breach of the Oslo accords, the Palestinian Authority is not developing any new sources of water, either through sewage treatment or desalination.
  • Recently the BESA Institute released a report by the internationally renowned, Hebrew University water-expert Dr. Haim Gvirtzman entitled “The Israeli-Palestinian Water conflict: An Israeli Perspective” which asserted that “despite there being a $500 million international Donor fund available” for the building of sewage treatment plants, “The Palestinians refuse to build sewage treatment plants.”

Thunderian

Superstar
https://www.wikihow.com/Recycle-Water Netanyahu acts like these are treasured national secrets he is going to share and not information that is free and available on the web already.
Well then you understand why the people of Iran are so mad at their leaders. Instead of doing something about the internal problems in Iran, like drought, the clerics are putting all their energy and money into hating Israel. It's the same thing in Gaza.

This was never about giving Iran water technology. If you watch the video, the message is one of support for the Iranian people. Netayahu literally says it. "Life to the Iranian people!" It's a blessing and an encouragement from the Jewish people to their friends in Iran.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Well then you understand why the people of Iran are so mad at their leaders. Instead of doing something about the internal problems in Iran, like drought, the clerics are putting all their energy and money into hating Israel. It's the same thing in Gaza.

This was never about giving Iran water technology. If you watch the video, the message is one of support for the Iranian people. Netayahu literally says it. "Life to the Iranian people!" It's a blessing and an encouragement from the Jewish people to their friends in Iran.
"the clerics are putting all their energy and money into hating Israel. It's the same thing in Gaza."
The clerics in Iran are not actually in charge of where the money in the Iranian budget is spent are they? There aint much money in Gaza for Hamas to horde either way. Netanyahu also says he wants peace and will respect international law while he allows for new settlements on evicted Palestinian land. Im willing to give Trump the benefit of the doubt via his NK play in SGP (although its more hopeful thinking as opposed to actual confidence in his motives or ability) because he has no history with them. However, Netanyahu's history is well documented, therefore he cant be a recipient of the same kind of wishful thinking imo.

rainerann

Star

Right, except for the fact that even with whatever corruption you could claim is present in Iran, the Iranians still have access to e-commerce to do something independently to advance the situation. What Netanyahu needs to do is mind his own business and stop creating the concrete jungle called Gaza where people don't have the same access to things that the Iranians do. Telling the Iranians that he is lending some helping hand is like telling Americans that he is going to lend a helping hand when we have access to all the things we need without him. We have corrupt politicians too. It is Hasbara, not a helping hand.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Oh brother.

MYTH: Israelis Steal Water From The Palestinian-Arabs

The Myth of the Thirsty Palestinian

The Facts About the Palestinian Arab Water Supply

• Israel supplies to the Palestinian Arabs in Judea and Samaria 46 million cubic meters (MCM) a year more water than Israel is obligated to under the Oslo Accords.
  • Israel supplies to the Palestinian Arabs, as a whole, 52 MCM a year more water than Israel is obligated to under the Oslo accords.
  • In direct breach of the Oslo accords, the Palestinian Arabs have drilled over 300 unauthorized wells in the "West Bank". (This “off the books” extra water, drawn by the Palestinian Authority, is in addition to the extra 52 MCM of water Israel has allocated to the Palestinian Arabs above the required Oslo Accords allotment.)
  • The Palestinian Arabs do not treat their sewage water which is contaminating the Western Samarian aquifer that topographically runs westward down the western half of the Samarian "West Bank" Mountains to the Tel Aviv coastal plain aquifers. (See this reporter’sgraphic compilation.)
  • In direct breach of the Oslo accords, the Palestinian Authority is not developing any new sources of water, either through sewage treatment or desalination.
  • Recently the BESA Institute released a report by the internationally renowned, Hebrew University water-expert Dr. Haim Gvirtzman entitled “The Israeli-Palestinian Water conflict: An Israeli Perspective” which asserted that “despite there being a $500 million international Donor fund available” for the building of sewage treatment plants, “The Palestinians refuse to build sewage treatment plants.”
I posted verifiable info, you have responded with your counter-claims.... Im interested at reading the comments of some of our more-neutrally inclined posters here and see what they weigh in on our contentions with.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

Remember though (and this may have wider implications) - you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink.

vigilante71

Established
Let me ask you a question if I may. Do you have access to this sort of information in Iran already? I mean it would seem logical to me that if you are able to access the VC forum, you are able to access information about water technology that multiple countries already have implemented as well. Companies like IBM have begun the process of collecting data on things like water usage so that cities are able to manage resources based on the data. It is really pretty interesting. Even small towns in the US are able to benefit from this like this little place called Dubuque, Iowa.

Although, there are other methods and forms of equipment that farmers can buy like smart sensors and other devices that I have seen all over the place. You can literally buy these things on many websites and have it shipped to Iran, I would imagine. Water recycling is also not something new either. I hear of places using recycled water all the time. So I am curious whether you have access to purchasing these things online or how something like would work for you? Would there be restrictions to this because if there isn't, Bibi just sounds like he is using this as another opportunity to accuse the Iranian government of being corrupt? He is making it seem like they are going to be saviors to the Iranian people. Honestly, even with the disagreements, I have with the Iranian government, it doesn't seem like Iran is a third world country. I just find it hard to believe that people don't already have access to this information and the means to implement this without the creation of a special website in Farsi like he is talking to a two-year-old.

Seriously, there is Google translate and it seems like a lot of Iranian people are bilingual. Unless the government doesn't allow you to access these online agriculture technology stores. That would be the only case where I could see something like this as being helpful. Otherwise, it is absolutely ridiculous and insulting propaganda show.
The problem is not really about access to information or technology. Of course, there are restrictions but mostly from the outside, not from Iran's government. Universities in Iran are pretty good despite the old infrastructure and they're doing a fairly good job. The problem is about seeing the problem way too late and it is also about future planning, implementing and management.

So I am curious whether you have access to purchasing these things online or how something like would work for you?
Would there be restrictions to this because if there isn't, Bibi just sounds like he is using this as another opportunity to accuse the Iranian government of being corrupt?

Purchasing is another matter since despite removing sanctions many American or Europian companies did not seem too willing to deal with Iranian companies. But if you mean personally buying sth, that's a bit of a problem, since you have to use an international credit card and even an IP address outside of Iran in many online shops, or you have to buy it through a third party which sometimes adds to the original price. There are also some official (government-approved) websites and organizations that you can buy Visa-Card or other types of credit cards from and use it for shopping but it's not really widespread. It's hard but it's possible. And Iran's government is not gonna arrest you for anything like that lol. But I think that's gonna crumble with new sanctions.

Honestly, even with the disagreements, I have with the Iranian government, it doesn't seem like Iran is a third world country. I just find it hard to believe that people don't already have access to this information and the means to implement this without the creation of a special website in Farsi like he is talking to a two-year-old.
Like I said access is not the real problem. The problem is that there's a large gap between the academy graduates who have little technical experience and don't know what should they do after graduation with the real practical knowledge we need to make progress. The education system is too academic and not so practical. There are far too many graduate students in Iran, despite the restricted job positions, because there's no real connection between high education and executive organizations. Also, most of the fundamental infrastructure is in the hands of government or pro-government organizations, but that doesn't mean you can't start a project privately. Actually, there was a lot of hope when the JCPOA was agreed upon, and during these two years, there were many new startups rising and the young generation was very hopeful despite the extensive problems and obstacles. The real issue is that because of the economic crisis, most people can't afford to start a real project privately, many of those who have good fortune prefer to use the money and go to another country and live a happily ever after, and government attempts to make any kind of progress are not good enough. I don't see how sanctions could make that any better!
I don't really know how you guys picture Iran, but I've seen many visitors and tourists who are taken by surprise because they thought we're still living inside caves, lol.

Bibi just sounds like he is using this as another opportunity to accuse the Iranian government of being corrupt? He is making it seem like they are going to be saviors to the Iranian people.
That's exactly what he's trying to do. And I think that part of the plan to make Iranians more hopeless and draw their attention to a revolution because that would make the situation far more easier to defeat the government of Iran. I actually don't see how providing information through the internet could be of help, unless it's some state of art tech that's not so widespread among the universities.

rainerann

Star
Here an article on the water crisis the US is experiencing. If Netanyahu really wants to be a blessing, he would stop taking our money. Israel is nothing but a leech trying to pass itself off as a hero. The only one who would really be helping Iran is the US because the US is the primary reason Israel has a nice big wall, military, and everything else. All that water technology that he claims to have too, we have all that in the US and I guarantee you we didn't need the help of Israel to develop it. We have deserts all over the US that we cultivate agriculture on. The only thing he is doing is trying to take credit for something that he is not really in the position to take credit for as part of the global transfer of power that is taking place that is trying to centralize government around Israel. I believe all countries should be able to maintain their independence. The only country that is truly not independent is Israel because they live on the money of western countries. Netanyahu should leave Iran alone.

http://www.businessinsider.com/americas-about-to-hit-a-water-crisis-2015-4

Last edited:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Here an article on the water crisis the US is experiencing. If Netanyahu really wants to be a blessing, he would stop taking money our money. Israel is nothing but a leech trying to pass itself off as a hero. The only one who would really be helping Iran is the US is a primary reason Israel has a nice big wall, military, and everything else. All that water technology that he claims to have too, we have all that in the US and I guarantee you we didn't need the help of Israel to develop it. We have deserts all over the US that we cultivate agriculture on. The only thing he is doing is trying to take credit for something that he is not really in the position to take credit for as part of the global transfer of power that is taking place that is trying to centralize government around Israel. I believe all countries should be able to maintain their independence. The only country that is truly not independent is Israel because they live on the money of western countries. Netanyahu should leave Iran alone.

http://www.businessinsider.com/americas-about-to-hit-a-water-crisis-2015-4
Excellent post......

rainerann

Star
The problem is not really about access to information or technology. Of course, there are restrictions but mostly from the outside, not from Iran's government. Universities in Iran are pretty good despite the old infrastructure and they're doing a fairly good job. The problem is about seeing the problem way too late and it is also about future planning, implementing and management.

So I am curious whether you have access to purchasing these things online or how something like would work for you?
Would there be restrictions to this because if there isn't, Bibi just sounds like he is using this as another opportunity to accuse the Iranian government of being corrupt?

Purchasing is another matter since despite removing sanctions many American or Europian companies did not seem too willing to deal with Iranian companies. But if you mean personally buying sth, that's a bit of a problem, since you have to use an international credit card and even an IP address outside of Iran in many online shops, or you have to buy it through a third party which sometimes adds to the original price. There are also some official (government-approved) websites and organizations that you can buy Visa-Card or other types of credit cards from and use it for shopping but it's not really widespread. It's hard but it's possible. And Iran's government is not gonna arrest you for anything like that lol. But I think that's gonna crumble with new sanctions.

Honestly, even with the disagreements, I have with the Iranian government, it doesn't seem like Iran is a third world country. I just find it hard to believe that people don't already have access to this information and the means to implement this without the creation of a special website in Farsi like he is talking to a two-year-old.
Like I said access is not the real problem. The problem is that there's a large gap between the academy graduates who have little technical experience and don't know what should they do after graduation with the real practical knowledge we need to make progress. The education system is too academic and not so practical. There are far too many graduate students in Iran, despite the restricted job positions, because there's no real connection between high education and executive organizations. Also, most of the fundamental infrastructure is in the hands of government or pro-government organizations, but that doesn't mean you can't start a project privately. Actually, there was a lot of hope when the JCPOA was agreed upon, and during these two years, there were many new startups rising and the young generation was very hopeful despite the extensive problems and obstacles. The real issue is that because of the economic crisis, most people can't afford to start a real project privately, many of those who have good fortune prefer to use the money and go to another country and live a happily ever after, and government attempts to make any kind of progress are not good enough. I don't see how sanctions could make that any better!
I don't really know how you guys picture Iran, but I've seen many visitors and tourists who are taken by surprise because they thought we're still living inside caves, lol.

Bibi just sounds like he is using this as another opportunity to accuse the Iranian government of being corrupt? He is making it seem like they are going to be saviors to the Iranian people.
That's exactly what he's trying to do. And I think that part of the plan to make Iranians more hopeless and draw their attention to a revolution because that would make the situation far more easier to defeat the government of Iran. I actually don't see how providing information through the internet could be of help, unless it's some state of art tech that's not so widespread among the universities.
So from what I gather based on what you said, if Netanyahu really wanted to help Iran, he would encourage his ally i.e. the United States, to not impose sanctions that would make it difficult for Iran to engage in commerce that would help them develop technologies to improve their agricultural sector? Hmm, that is something that he could be doing to say "life to Iran," instead of his idea to create a website with information he that has been approved to share with Iran.

It is like saying, "I approve of sanctions that will make you dependent on the information I give you." Then, they are hoping the average person will start a revolution for Israel because they see them an ally too, at some point. It is all kinds of hypocrisy. I literally visualize his act of mercy like a jailer giving the prisoner a filet mignon trough a door that could only fit a small animal through it. lol. Then they say in a cryptic way that they are the only one who really loves the prisoner and that they are only safe if they stay within the prison where they are given good food.

Although, this is basically what I picture the architects of Israel envision for the whole world.