"plus Size" Is Now "fabulously Sized"

elsbet

Superstar
I only did high school biology but it makes perfect sense to me.
Size does not automatically mean quality. I have also heard people complain about today's fruit and vegetables having no taste compared to fresh produce decades ago.
People are way better designed than we realise. Also, if we often eat until we gain the nutrients we need, it is easy to imagine some eating way more fruit and vegetables until the body feels satisfied.
Good point.. think it applies to meat, too.

I bought the grocer's *green* line of beef, for whatever reason, and I was stunned at how much better it was than the regular, lean beef. I hadn't consciously noticed how bland it had become, but I certainly didn't get excited about it (cheeseburgers.. sigh) as I had, years ago. It's worth the couple extra dollars, but it's a damned shame what's happened to our food. :(

Vixy

Star
As someone who has been overweight the majority of my life, it ain't fun, comfortable nor healthy being overweight. I've been doing better recently, and been losing a good amount of weight through better food choices and being more active.

I don't see how anybody can be proud of being fat. most fat people make choices to get fat, or remain fat. You can't go to regular clothing stores and buy right off the rack. Your body is built funny - clothing doesn't look as good on you - and truthfully it's hard on our bodies and bones and joints etc to carry around extra weight.

Pick up a 50 pound bag of rice, or some sort of weight, or anything that weighs 50 pounds, and that is what it would be like to carry 50 pounds of extra body weight. It's crazy

We might not can be physically perfect, but we can make better food and lifestyle choices to optimize our health.
Completely agree! Im whining about 12 lousy pounds and feel so uncomfortable about it that I dont even wanna know what being really overweight feels like.
When one sits theres a resistance there and you easily get flabby when you lose it. Well...with that said Im hitting the gym.

DeathlyHallows

Established
"Be comfortable in your skin" they say. Unless you are attractive,.skinny, curvy and downright hot because then you are a threat to femininity and whatever bs these people come up with. Apparently only those get to be comfortable in their skin whom nobody considers attractive.
OK, so I just started this post, so this may be old, and people may have said this.
1. I would be considered a "fat" woman.
2. I did have weight loss surgery, only to regret it.
3. I'm down 120 lbs from what I used to be, but am still bigger and flabbier than I would like, because most of my life I was a lot bigger. Diet and exercise will not change this, only surgery would.
4. I have a husband and three kid, none of whom are fat.
I think it is a generalization to say that I get to be comfortable in my own skin because no one finds me attractive. Even at my biggest, men still found me attractive.

Serveto

Star
I can understand people, women especially, who seem perpetually bombarded with body image issues (one can't even check out of a grocery store without seeing magazines that treat people like slabs of meat), being fed up, so to speak, with the anorexic model of the female ideal of beauty. A counterbalance to the idea makes sense, but, in this advert, which seems extreme, not only are the models presented as "fabulous," which they probably are, as individual women, but a voice-over, the narrator, goes a significant step further and drones on with "worship me." Worship? I think not, sorry.

Last edited:

Vytas

Star
Fat woman doesn't exist, they only have more space for kisses :)

On a serious note , you have weight problems = you have health problems. If it's ok for you i don't care. Sure general flock public will go to extremes with either support or condemnation, thats what really annoys me.