"plus Size" Is Now "fabulously Sized"

JoChris

Superstar
From what I can see, I am becoming more of the opinion that food is changing to make it difficult to lose weight. There are a lot of pins about natural remedies to lose weight. I have tried a couple of them because I have gained a little weight. They work. There was one about taking diatomaceous earth that worked. Then there was the one about drinking flax seed tea to lose some weight. This works too.

There are blogs writing about apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, etc. I am sure that some of these work. You would still need to exercise, but you will lose weight this way, and you won't keep gaining weight which is important too.

So I really think we are missing something in our food that is creating this issue. I wonder it is a response to changes in our carbohydrates with genetic modifying and everything. We should be able to eat more carbs, but we can't because they are Frankencarbs now.
Wonder if this a factor. http://www.politico.com/agenda/story/2017/09/13/food-nutrients-carbon-dioxide-000511

The Zone

Star
...does anyone really give a fuck about this sort of thing?

I mean, we have rights getting taken away, a president who pardons a sheriff known for exploiting them and who encourages police to rough people up, constant dehumanization on a global level, and this is the sort of shit that grinds your gears?
Holy liberal rant-fest, Batman! Creating a topic does not mean one worries just about that subject. With that criteria, every person who starts a thread could be accused of the same thing. There will be differing points of views in the Vigilant Citizen forum. I much prefer discussion over pointy fingers. Opinions are what they are and grudges against posters or their stance on issues are as well.

rainerann

Star
That was a super interesting article. I hadn't considered how rising CO2 levels could be affecting our food's nutrient level too. It reminded me that the increased CO2 could could affect us at all levels of metabolism because this means we are breathing less oxygen than before too.

"When you breathe more oxygen into your body, several things happen to speed up your metabolism. First, the heat in your body rises. If you've ever had a backyard barbecue, you understand the principle of heat and oxygen. What do you do if that darn charcoal won't turn red? You blow on it! Likewise, the logs in a fireplace won't produce heat without oxygen. The more oxygen, the hotter the coals. The more oxygen, the bigger the fires.

Thin people, people with high metabolisms, have a much higher thermic rate. So to pump up your metabolism, you need to heat up your cells' burners by giving them more oxygen. By breathing deeply, you can literally reset your thermostat. Over time, you can build up your body's thermostat so it will always be better at burning up fat - while sleeping, sitting, or climbing Mount Everest." https://www.sharecare.com/health/metabolism-and-weight-loss/why-breathing-increase-person-metabolism

Have you seen the different oxygen supplementations that are being marketed now. @Karlysymon introduced me to the reality of bottled air a while ago. However, a long time ago, there was a nutrionist I was listening to that was talking about how oxygen supplementation had a healing effect. She offered a product selling an oxygen supplement that is suspended in a liquid.

There are really a lot of oxygen therapies available now, but it is very interesting to consider the possibility that we are starving and suffocating because of something that can be reversed by planting trees and changing paper sources. I know it is intentional because the solution is so simple. I think it is will inevitably be a way to conceal potential weather manipulation. Weather manipulation will become known as a cure to climate change and something that helps humanity, not the power to produce hurricanes. People will be controlled with a reward of some kind like this and not fear. This is what I have been considering lately.

mecca

Superstar
Weather manipulation will become known as a cure to climate change and something that helps humanity, not the power to produce hurricanes.
That's already what they say it is. But weather modding can't solve climate change because it doesn't address or solve the root issue, masking an issue doesn't fix it. Geoengineering is like Tylenol but for climate change lol. They say that weather modding is supposed to help people but they're actually trying to use it as a weapon against the people, so that's pretty messed up.

rainerann

Star
That's already what they say it is. But weather modding can't solve climate change because it doesn't address or solve the root issue, masking an issue doesn't fix it. Geoengineering is like Tylenol but for climate change lol. They say that weather modding is supposed to help people but they're actually trying to use it as a weapon against the people, so that's pretty messed up.
The point is that I bet HAARP is capable of dealing with excess carbon dioxide. That is what I am saying.

This is why people who support climate change don't often support restoring rainforests as a solution. They have a different solution for removing carbon dioxide in mind.

JoChris

Superstar
That was a super interesting article. I hadn't considered how rising CO2 levels could be affecting our food's nutrient level too. It reminded me that the increased CO2 could could affect us at all levels of metabolism because this means we are breathing less oxygen than before too.

"When you breathe more oxygen into your body, several things happen to speed up your metabolism. First, the heat in your body rises. If you've ever had a backyard barbecue, you understand the principle of heat and oxygen. What do you do if that darn charcoal won't turn red? You blow on it! Likewise, the logs in a fireplace won't produce heat without oxygen. The more oxygen, the hotter the coals. The more oxygen, the bigger the fires.

Thin people, people with high metabolisms, have a much higher thermic rate. So to pump up your metabolism, you need to heat up your cells' burners by giving them more oxygen. By breathing deeply, you can literally reset your thermostat. Over time, you can build up your body's thermostat so it will always be better at burning up fat - while sleeping, sitting, or climbing Mount Everest." https://www.sharecare.com/health/metabolism-and-weight-loss/why-breathing-increase-person-metabolism

Have you seen the different oxygen supplementations that are being marketed now. @Karlysymon introduced me to the reality of bottled air a while ago. However, a long time ago, there was a nutrionist I was listening to that was talking about how oxygen supplementation had a healing effect. She offered a product selling an oxygen supplement that is suspended in a liquid.

There are really a lot of oxygen therapies available now, but it is very interesting to consider the possibility that we are starving and suffocating because of something that can be reversed by planting trees and changing paper sources. I know it is intentional because the solution is so simple. I think it is will inevitably be a way to conceal potential weather manipulation. Weather manipulation will become known as a cure to climate change and something that helps humanity, not the power to produce hurricanes. People will be controlled with a reward of some kind like this and not fear. This is what I have been considering lately.
I only did high school biology but it makes perfect sense to me.
Size does not automatically mean quality. I have also heard people complain about today's fruit and vegetables having no taste compared to fresh produce decades ago.
People are way better designed than we realise. Also, if we often eat until we gain the nutrients we need, it is easy to imagine some eating way more fruit and vegetables until the body feels satisfied.

Holy liberal rant-fest, Batman! Creating a topic does not mean one worries just about that subject. With that criteria, every person who starts a thread could be accused of the same thing. There will be differing points of views in the Vigilant Citizen forum. I much prefer discussion over pointy fingers. Opinions are what they are and grudges against posters or their stance on issues are as well.
I'm just genuinely annoyed with culture war bullshit, regardless if it's so-called feminists bitching about how video games are sexist or folks making posts about "fabulous-sized" clothing. It's superficial, shallow bullshit and I have high expectations of the forums here than to have a lot of garbage posts about superficial garbage. Once upon a time, you had all sorts of people here; liberals and conservatives, Christians and Muslims, Catholics and occultists, and somehow we all managed to get along and find common ground but the 4chan-style of trash talking has seemed to infest almost every forum on the internet and it's getting annoying. If I wanted to see it, I'd just go to /pol/.

(Alternatively, maybe I'm getting told old for forums or they are simply evolving in a way that turned me into a crotchety old man. Since stupid culture war shit annoys the piss out of me no matter what side its one or where it's found.)

polymoog

Superstar
What's wrong with saying plus sized?
as per the article: "The term “plus” implies that women who wear those sizes are outside of the norm..."

so to make obese women feel normal and good about themselves, theyve revamped the terminology.

Reactions: AMK

polymoog

Superstar
i dont agree with the article. hes drawing poor conclusions in her research. very bad science for a politically charged audience.

food today is nutrient depleted because of soil depletion and industrial fertilizers, not CO2 levels. BRIX levels, even in organic food, is far lower than it used to be. adding azomite and greensand to the soil remedies this problem by reintroducing the essential trace minerals that have disappeared from the soil.
if the author added the trace minerals to his algal sample, growth would continue exponentially until the trace minerals were depleted.

justjess

Superstar
Except "plus size" women are actually the norm... especially when u consider it starts at like size 12.

I'm a zero. When not pregnant at leAst. I am decidedly not the norm.

polymoog

Superstar
Except "plus size" women are actually the norm... especially when u consider it starts at like size 12.

I'm a zero. When not pregnant at least. I am decidedly not the norm.
you were the norm 2 generations ago. there were thick women then, too, but obese people were very few and far between. matter of fact, if you look at old footage from the 20s or 30s or 40s, you wont see anyone that big. focusing on the whys is another interesting discussion.

plus size women might be the norm now, but my main question is, should we accept that these obese women are at a normal, healthy weight and that this weight is something to be proud of?

Maes17

Superstar
I only did high school biology but it makes perfect sense to me.
Size does not automatically mean quality. I have also heard people complain about today's fruit and vegetables having no taste compared to fresh produce decades ago.
People are way better designed than we realise. Also, if we often eat until we gain the nutrients we need, it is easy to imagine some eating way more fruit and vegetables until the body feels satisfied.
I give the body credit too.
I think the body knows it's limits and when stuff like fruits and veggies is consumed enough. Best to eat a "clean" diet as much as possible.

My theory: Today's foods have so much fillers/preservatives, etc. I think it tricks the body into eating more. Helps pad the food businesses wallets. That's why obese people are not a rare sight these days.

Same can be said for teenagers too. These 12-17 year old kids are getting taller and/or fatter.

JoChris

Superstar
i dont agree with the article. hes drawing poor conclusions in her research. very bad science for a politically charged audience.

food today is nutrient depleted because of soil depletion and industrial fertilizers, not CO2 levels. BRIX levels, even in organic food, is far lower than it used to be. adding azomite and greensand to the soil remedies this problem by reintroducing the essential trace minerals that have disappeared from the soil.
if the author added the trace minerals to his algal sample, growth would continue exponentially until the trace minerals were depleted.
I thought the author was saying increased CO2 levels was a factor, not the one and only cause.
I am suspicious that if the somewhat unlikely thing happened and global temperatures cooled there would still be an increasing number of overweight people globally.

Devine

Star
kids cant pass basic high school? lower the standards.
economy is slipping? develop a new calculation for the GDP.
college grades too low? stop giving out grades.
fukushima radiation too high for the EPA limits? jack up the EPA limits.

and now...
too many fat women? reclassify them as 'fabulously sized'.

http://people.com/style/kmart-plus-size-fabulously-sized-clothing/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

While the term “plus-size” is relatively ubiquitous throughout the fashion industry, not everyone is totally on board with that labeling of women whose bodies don’t happen to fit the traditional runway mold. The term “plus” implies that women who wear those sizes are outside of the norm, or the traditional “regular” sized run of clothing that goes from zero to 12, when in fact, women who wear sizes larger than that are actually by far the norm. The average American woman, for example, in 2017 wears a size 16 or 18, meaning there’s absolutely nothing “plus” or atypical about that particular clothing range. And now Kmart had decided to honor that statistic in a new way, henceforth re-labeling all of their “plus-size” collections as “fabulously sized” instead.

"dont happen to fit the runway mold" is the new euphemism for "im grossly overweight and too lazy to diet and exercise".
LOL this was funny and so true. but you'll be happy to know they said on the news a study came out that said all this "positive body self image" crap is increasing obesity. go figure. :rolleyes: