"plus Size" Is Now "fabulously Sized"

polymoog

Superstar
kids cant pass basic high school? lower the standards.
economy is slipping? develop a new calculation for the GDP.
college grades too low? stop giving out grades.
fukushima radiation too high for the EPA limits? jack up the EPA limits.

and now...
too many fat women? reclassify them as 'fabulously sized'.

http://people.com/style/kmart-plus-size-fabulously-sized-clothing/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

While the term “plus-size” is relatively ubiquitous throughout the fashion industry, not everyone is totally on board with that labeling of women whose bodies don’t happen to fit the traditional runway mold. The term “plus” implies that women who wear those sizes are outside of the norm, or the traditional “regular” sized run of clothing that goes from zero to 12, when in fact, women who wear sizes larger than that are actually by far the norm. The average American woman, for example, in 2017 wears a size 16 or 18, meaning there’s absolutely nothing “plus” or atypical about that particular clothing range. And now Kmart had decided to honor that statistic in a new way, henceforth re-labeling all of their “plus-size” collections as “fabulously sized” instead.

"dont happen to fit the runway mold" is the new euphemism for "im grossly overweight and too lazy to diet and exercise".

JoChris

Superstar
Here is the clothing size comparison chart for us foreigners. http://www.asos.com/au/infopages/SizeGuide/pgesizechart.aspx?r=

If that is correct, a US size 16 is AU size 20. I thought our sizing was just a size higher, not two sizes!!!! Women's clothing that size are huge.

Your health system is going to collapse literally under the weight of your future clients' needs if this isn't reversed. I.e. normalisation of obesity.

Aero

Superstar
I think this is interesting. You want people to have their individual rights, but the facts are facts. We are all paying for the unhealthy habits of others. One way or another we all pay for it. In America companies can literally push out garbage to consumers, and get away with it for a long time. Pick any food you like and the U.S will find a way to make it 100% cheaper and 100% worse for you.

They wont pass any of the savings down to us either. Hey "production costs" are rising. So are labor costs. Someone has to pay for that 1.2% increase in disposable spending we got last year. I'm being serious too, we are literally paying for our own raise. The middle and poor class of America don't really get raises. We pay for America to be shit on us.

Of course I'm back to one of my favorite topics. This whole debate has everything to do with evil corporate overlords. They want people to be sick, fat and stupid. It's all money baby. If there's any cures out there, they are buried in a vault somewhere.

...does anyone really give a fuck about this sort of thing?

I mean, we have rights getting taken away, a president who pardons a sheriff known for exploiting them and who encourages police to rough people up, constant dehumanization on a global level, and this is the sort of shit that grinds your gears?

...does anyone really give a fuck about this sort of thing?

I mean, we have rights getting taken away, a president who pardons a sheriff known for exploiting them and who encourages police to rough people up, constant dehumanization on a global level, and this is the sort of shit that grinds your gears?
It's the fact that they make it an issue is what is bothersome to me when we have things like you mentioned above going on and more.

justjess

Superstar
Pretty much every overwright person i know might call themselves fabulous in public but is also dieting or going to the gym or something to try to change that. Some go to such extremes as to get surgery which isnt safe because nothing else worked. If some meaningless thing helps them feel better about themselves who cares?

Some of you talk like your all Adonis's or super models on these boards which i highly doubt is reality.

And no im not fat. Far from it. Even pregnant im an extra small.

Haich

Superstar
I don't think oversized men are catered for here, there's a tall section in some stores but nothing 'plus sized'. High street stores offer XXL clothing but it's hard to find a spacious piece of clothing, the XXL size is closer to XL

Plus sized sizes need to be redefined in my opinion, in the UK the average size is a UK 12 (not sure what that would be in the US). Plus sizes would be a 14 (even though it's a pretty average size) and above

I do think there's a glorification of unhealthy sizes, Ashley graham is a 'plus sized' model but to me she just looks unhealthy and needs to lose a little weight.

I'm a UK 12, happy with my weight but could benefit from toning up. Some women are naturally curvy, yet are still in shape and aren't an unhealthy size. Serena Williams would be an example, she's definitely not petite but she's not fat at all, she's trim and toned with curves. She should replace someone like Ashley graham in my opinion.

Photoshop and airbrushing gives such a distorted image of women, it's important to try and maintain a healthy weight or shape. That should be the message models give off but we're faced with anorexic women 7ft women, or overweight models representing 'plus sizes'.

There's just too much diversity body size wise and not enough representation of those diversities

manama

Star
Calling it "fabulous sized" or calling yourself "angel" won't change the reality that being unhealthy and obese is unattractive. If you are okay with your body, meh whatever who cares. But if you are not, then work on the damn thing. Ugh ugh ugh These women will NEVER say the same thing about fat or obese men. They want attractive ripped men to stop liking attractive women and deal with their "fabulously" ugly bodies and personalities. "Fat men? ohh they can have themselves". Double standards.
"Be comfortable in your skin" they say. Unless you are attractive,.skinny, curvy and downright hot because then you are a threat to femininity and whatever bs these people come up with. Apparently only those get to be comfortable in their skin whom nobody considers attractive.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
Lest we forget, the "Dad Bod" was also being pitched as "attractive". Here's a tip about how I lost 21 lbs in 21 days. No carbs, no sugar, only lean meat and vegetables and water. That worked without even working out, although with the energy increase you will feel and be a lot more active. I started at 172 and was 150 (fighting weight) within 3 weeks. It worked for me and should work for others. If you are working out carbs have a place, but most carbs are derived from corn syrup now and that will definitely keep you overweight.

Last edited:

TMT

Star
People should try and live and healthy, I'm not sure people should be insulted for having weight issues though. This is another of Moog's famous non-issue issues. I am also curious as to how many of you freaked out over the Michelle Obama healthy school lunch thing lol

JoChris

Superstar
People should try and live and healthy, I'm not sure people should be insulted for having weight issues though. This is another of Moog's famous non-issue issues. I am also curious as to how many of you freaked out over the Michelle Obama healthy school lunch thing lol
Why on earth did people protest at that?!

Aero

Superstar
I am practically a supermodel. So I should be able to get around fat people easily anyway, but I can't. Because it's not just that their body takes up more space, everyone also needs their personal space. Why should I have to get close to someone's fat body? Like I don't know who is being impolite in that scenario.

I know that planes, cars and other forms of transportation can be really cramped. But I'm talking about just walking down the street, or being in a store. At some point your whole direction and frame of mind is going to have to react to fat people. How do you get around them without bumping into their huge ass or tits.

I'm not trying to be mean here, but think about it. We could have to change our entire infrastructure. In cases of emergency I know for a fact that every building in America is vulnerable. Even skinny people wont fit through the average door in those cases, and people are getting huge. It's weird though there are so many young kids around where I live that are super small. It's like all it takes is a few years of booze and ramen noodles and a lot of peoples bodies are done.

rainerann

Star
From what I can see, I am becoming more of the opinion that food is changing to make it difficult to lose weight. There are a lot of pins about natural remedies to lose weight. I have tried a couple of them because I have gained a little weight. They work. There was one about taking diatomaceous earth that worked. Then there was the one about drinking flax seed tea to lose some weight. This works too.

There are blogs writing about apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, etc. I am sure that some of these work. You would still need to exercise, but you will lose weight this way, and you won't keep gaining weight which is important too.

So I really think we are missing something in our food that is creating this issue. I wonder it is a response to changes in our carbohydrates with genetic modifying and everything. We should be able to eat more carbs, but we can't because they are Frankencarbs now.