Pick A Word, Drop A Word

polymoog

Superstar
What in the Yosemite Sam has happened here?

Mr Moog as the chief of po-lease/sheriff of Nottingham/judge Judy around these here parts can you please sort this out. There appears to be a 'grave error' somewhere...perhaps due to an unlawful edit...or perhaps not.
due to covid-19, we are experiencing delays... please stay on the line and an operator will assist you...

Ed: hi, my name is ed! how can i help you today?
Stucky: yeah, id like to report a grave error on the word game thread.
ed: let me see, may i put you on hold?
S: ok.
< "up where we belong" instrumental plays for 3 minutes >
ed: hello, sir?
S: yes, im here.
ed: sorry for that, yes, i see the problem. pescatarian added an entry with an illegal word on post 8317. i am deducting 10 points from her account and will be crediting your game score an extra 10 points for spotting that."
S: okay, thats better.
ed: is there anything else i can help you with today?
S: no, thats it.
ed: ok, thanks for contacting the 'pick a word' accounts department! have a nice day!"

Stucky

Star
due to covid-19, we are experiencing delays... please stay on the line and an operator will assist you...

Ed: hi, my name is ed! how can i help you today?
Stucky: yeah, id like to report a grave error on the word game thread.
ed: let me see, may i put you on hold?
S: ok.
< "up where we belong" instrumental plays for 3 minutes >
ed: hello, sir?
S: yes, im here.
ed: sorry for that, yes, i see the problem. pescatarian added an entry with an illegal word on post 8317. i am deducting 10 points from her account and will be crediting your game score an extra 10 points for spotting that."
S: okay, thats better.
ed: is there anything else i can help you with today?
S: no, thats it.
ed: ok, thanks for contacting the 'pick a word' accounts department! have a nice day!"

So we cancel out the last 2 pages or so in which case i have to hand back my 10pt spotters fee.

GRAVE Error!
Terminal Error

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
So we cancel out the last 2 pages or so in which case i have to hand back my 10pt spotters fee.

weve had this happen several times. we just call out the infractions and keep the ball in play.
your points will be added to your account, dont worry.

elsbet

Superstar
@Stucky

beyond evil
*** This was actually MY error.

Note, I quoted Frank's post (silent Sam)-- my reply was EVIL Sam, because that character is Evil. I should have quoted @pescatarian09 #8315 Silent Grave. I thought I had corrected the post in time, however, due to seriously crappy internet connection, I did not see pescatarian's new post.
--

Please credit lost points to @pescatarian09 and debit my account, posthaste.*

*I HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED THE REQ TO THE LOUNGE PO BOX IN OMAHA c/o @polymoog -- IN TRIPLICATE (§ 152-2)-- SO ED SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM EXPEDITING THE POINTS TRANSFER. -.-

Last edited:

Stucky

Star
@Stucky

*** This was actually MY error.

Note, I quoted Frank's post (silent Sam)-- my reply was EVIL Sam, because that character is Evil. I should have quoted @pescatarian09 #8315 Silent Grave. I thought I had corrected the post in time, however, due to seriously crappy internet connection, I did not see pescatarian's new post.
--

Please credit lost points to @pescatarian09 and debit my account, posthaste.*

*I HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED THE REQ TO THE LOUNGE PO BOX IN OMAHA c/o @polymoog -- IN TRIPLICATE (§ 152-2)-- SO ED SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM EXPEDITING THE POINTS TRANSFER. -.-

actually twas i who broke the game (twice). Anyways it's all good and i hereby award my 10 points to you for holding your hands up even though you didn't need to.

polymoog

Superstar
well, guess there is now
punctuation marks are irrelevant; original rules call for 2 words.
double entendres, word plays, homonyms, and double meanings get extra points.

examples:
post 1450, 1491, 1636.... 1659 (see what i did there?)
1742.... on this page, 8352 is a simple example.

or you can just play basic style. this is a type of new paradigm game, so you only compete against yourself.