Pick A Word, Drop A Word

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
They look the same but aren’t pronounced the same..aren’t you then just bringing in two different words?
Word play is allowed. Poly posted the rules a while back and word play is not only allowed but encouraged for extra points. I wish they were posted when this game started but he was not original poster. You do recall some of the bizarre wordplay poly would post?

edit: The reason I posted the type of word play in brackets was to give everyone a heads up, as it seems to cause confusion to some otherwise.

Lisa

Superstar
Word play is allowed. Poly posted the rules a while back and word play is not only allowed but encouraged for extra points. I wish they were posted when this game started but he was not original poster. You do recall some of the bizarre wordplay poly would post?

edit: The reason I posted the type of word play in brackets was to give everyone a heads up, as it seems to cause confusion to some otherwise.
Ya it would cause confusion when you are playing different words that look the same...that is confusing.
I know poly sanctioned it and thought it witty..and I can see it being witty using words that are spelled different but sound the same but I don’t think it’s the same thing using words that look the same but sound different...just my 2 cents.

I do appreciate the brackets, btw.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
Ya it would cause confusion when you are playing different words that look the same...that is confusing.
I know poly sanctioned it and thought it witty..and I can see it being witty using words that are spelled different but sound the same but I don’t think it’s the same thing using words that look the same but sound different...just my 2 cents.

I do appreciate the brackets, btw.
I will try to find the posted rules. Personally I find it more challenging and less boring than just word for word.

Lisa

Superstar
I will try to find the posted rules. Personally I find it more challenging and less boring than just word for word.
I didn’t know there were actual posted rules..I thought poly arbitrarily made himself the game judge since this thread was started by karly.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
I didn’t know there were actual posted rules..I thought poly arbitrarily made himself the game judge since this thread was started by karly.
I wasn't sure how that worked but since you and others called on Poly for a ruling here and there. I assumed he was the rule judge.

Lisa

Superstar
I wasn't sure how that worked but since you and others called on Poly for a ruling here and there. I assumed he was the rule judge.
Well, I wasn’t here for awhile and when I came back it seemed like he was in charge..but I don’t know how that worked out honestly. He would say I had minus points or give me points and I thought he was just joking around until I think it was elsbet that asked him to weigh in on a word. So idk really...I thought it was funny and went with it but I didn’t know for sure.

Ok here are the rules and whats accepted.

View attachment 28336
Thanks for finding this, did @Karlysymon make him king or something?

I still think you’re Nice France was incorrect, but I’m sure poly would approve.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
I still think you’re nice France was incorrect, but I’m sure poly would approve.
He would as Nice and Nice (with a different pronunciation) is wordplay. Words like "read", "wind", "live" and "lead" are spelt the same but can be pronounced differently and have different meanings. These are all acceptable.