Picard is coming back!

polymoog

Superstar
since your behaving civilly for now, ill respond.

i got excited then sadly disappointed when i found out that alex kurtzman will be in charge.
i want a show without any political undertones-- i want a continuation of TNG, not star trek: the cultural marxist generation. nothing out of hollywood these days is of any value, and it saddens me that hollywood will ruin the legacy of TNG and jean luc himself. it will be slanted, and it will be fouled up. im not hopeful.

this is what kurtzman as executive producer did for star trek.

Futility

Established

i got excited then sadly disappointed when i found out that alex kurtzman will be in charge.
i want a show without any political undertones-- i want a continuation of TNG, not star trek: the cultural marxist generation. nothing out of hollywood these days is of any value, and it saddens me that hollywood will ruin the legacy of TNG and jean luc himself. it will be slanted, and it will be fouled up. im not hopeful.

I never watched Discovery, im tired of prequels, but Star Trek as a whole has always had leftist political undertones, so i am personally not to worried about it. It will be fine with Sir Patrick

polymoog

Superstar
I never watched Discovery, im tired of prequels, but Star Trek as a whole has always had leftist political undertones, so i am personally not to worried about it. It will be fine with Sir Patrick
i really hope so. everyone could use an escape from the political arena these days. the leftist political overtones from voyager and earlier were completely reasonable and fair. i had, and i am sure others as well, had no complaints about it.

Helioform

Star

Star Trek has always been leaning left so I don't know why you seem to think it is any different. What is a civilization without money if not some Marxist utopia?

But I would agree that Hollywood focuses a bit too much on trying to include all kinds of races in their shows just to look PC. But some women as leaders, I have no problem with that and only insecure men would feel threatened by it.

Last edited:

Futility

Established
Star Trek has always been leaning left so I don't know why you seem to think it is any different. What is a civilization without money if not some Marxist utopia?

But I would agree that Hollywood focuses a bit too much on trying to include all kinds of races in their shows just to look PC. But some women as leaders, I have no problem with that and only insecure men would feel threatened by it.
Trek was one of the first shows to have a diverse cast that more accurately reflected the world, and I dont think it was done to be PC but because it was right.

Regardless im really excited to see what Picard has been up to, he is the greatest character in the universe.

polymoog

Superstar

leaning left is one thing. pandering to the PC crowd is another. huge difference.

even voyager, with a female captain, kept PC out of the story while having strong female character roles. i never had a problem with it because they had strong female characters WITHOUT taking away from the male roles. undertaker had a post about a wonderwoman cartoon not too long ago (cant locate it) which illustrates my point. having women being aggressive and just as strong as the men is simply silly. voyager never placed her in a role where she was physically kicking ass like a man. they kept her respectful as captain by making good decisions with solid leadership. more importantly, they also kept her femininity intact.

polymoog

Superstar
this is exactly why i am afraid:

some gold comments there... YT no doubt is coming for the comments section soon. LOL while you still can:

From left to right, we have a Walmart clerk, a rejected final fantasy character, and a soccer mom who wants to speak to the manager.
It's a Soyborg.
Lmao, that's Linda Hamilton? I thought it was Steven Tyler.
Soybernetic Misogynism
"Come with me if you want to learn about privilege."
I want Skynet to win.
Nothing new, T-1000 was fluid, Including gender fluid, he changed gender couple times in that movie.

Helioform

Star
this is exactly why i am afraid:

some gold comments there... YT no doubt is coming for the comments section soon. LOL while you still can:

From left to right, we have a Walmart clerk, a rejected final fantasy character, and a soccer mom who wants to speak to the manager.
It's a Soyborg.
Lmao, that's Linda Hamilton? I thought it was Steven Tyler.
Soybernetic Misogynism
"Come with me if you want to learn about privilege."
I want Skynet to win.
Nothing new, T-1000 was fluid, Including gender fluid, he changed gender couple times in that movie.
I agree that picture looks horrible. I was expecting much better like maybe some concept art showing one of the new Terminators. Hamilton looks like a monkey there and I am not sure which gender the person in the center is. Buuuut Cameron is involved in the production so I think maybe he can save the series from the crappy sequels.

The Zone

Star
The last sequel was just gosh-awful bad and the worst of the bunch. Anyone remember the TV series? It was actually decent before cancellation but they had budget issues. The last great offering was T-2 which at the time had hot off the press special effects. But it too seems dated now and those effects common. At least this site was not terminated as some feared. Older posters have seen that happen once or twice.

polymoog

Superstar
this is the left slant on this new series. my commentary below.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/new-star-trek-reboot-starring-patrick-stewart-cbs-latest-all-ncna898121

New 'Star Trek' reboot starring Patrick Stewart is CBS' latest All Access offering. But who's the audience?
The show is a dream come true for many "Next Generation" fans, but something of a retreat from the progressivism of “Star Trek: Discovery.”

...More likely, CBS is using the nostalgic reboot to placate the (white, male) demographic that felt alienated by the network’s first Trekkie reboot “Discovery,” a show which was legitimately diverse and therefore immediately controversial.

...Much like Lucasfilm, the producers of “Discovery” also found themselves running up against the same small group of toxic vocal white males for whom opening the fandom in this manner was anathema.....But it seems that CBS, a network struggling with diversity problems and allegations of institutional sexism, remains committed to appealing to its older white fans.

whos the audience you ask? how about star trek fans that just want star trek without any neo-leftist progressive agenda stuck onto it? struggling with diversity problems... :rolleyes: how dare a company simply hire on merit alone?
anyone with a brain can see that pounding home the progressive agenda in new films and shows turns many people away (new star wars, ghostbusters, etc.) thats the reason why these films fail-- we are sick of it. people watch movies for a break from the real world, not further indoctrination and propganda.

talk about 'racist' assumptions-- this author simply assumes that older white male fans are the only ones who like patrick stewart.

polymoog

Superstar
i dont like the title-- focusing the show on one person? i dont like it. star trek should never revolve around one person.
7 of 9 never talked so... easily. i dont like discontinuity.
i also hate the lighting-- or lack thereof.
looks progressive to me, but i will give it a chance, especially since jeri ryan is in it.