Petty Squabbles Thread

Cintra

Star
Others can flip-flop if they like, but not me.. :p
"I am constant as the northern star,
Of whose true-fix'd and resting quality
There is no fellow in the firmament."
-Shakespeare's Julius Caesar
Yeah, you're going to acid attack women and animals, and nothing will change your mind.

Maes17

Superstar
FWIW, I have him on ignore because I find he's too ignorant and has basically derailed every thread. Still, it disrupts and the continuity of the thread, much like others who were on here doing the same thing. Not to mention, his nonsense adds nothing to them.

While you call it impressive that he's sticking to his guns, I call it, much like polymoog did, narrow-minded, and bullheaded. Two phrases come to mind: "“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” and " Repeating something or saying it louder, does not make it true." If he was one of the learners at the centre I tutor at, I can just hear the literacy coordinator now saying, "...okay, we'll try this with him and see if he understands this. If not, then I'll have a talk with him and ask if he really wants to be part of the program".

For the most part, we're all on this public forum to share information and learn from one another. He's doing neither.
Gotta just ignore it.
Unless there is some type of moderation on here, we’re always going to get bad apples mixed into the bunch.

What I find impressive and this was also for Lisa is no matter how many posters ganged up on her, she held by her outlook. I see the same happening to Tidal. Are they ignorant? Sure. I’ve made it pretty clear on this forum, I try to see both sides before jumping to a conclusion.

I have no control over other posters actions. VC doesn’t really moderate in control freak type of way cause he trust us.

If you guys feel posters like Tidal are doing harm. Start a thread. Voice your opinions. You, polymoog, Awoken are all respected posters, I’m sure VC will hear you guys out

Gotta just ignore it.
Unless there is some type of moderation on here, we’re always going to get bad apples mixed into the bunch.

What I find impressive and this was also for Lisa is no matter how many posters ganged up on her, she held by her outlook. I see the same happening to Tidal. Are they ignorant? Sure. I’ve made it pretty clear on this forum, I try to see both sides before jumping to a conclusion.

I have no control over other posters actions. VC doesn’t really moderate in control freak type of way cause he trust us.

If you guys feel posters like Tidal are doing harm. Start a thread. Voice your opinions. You, polymoog, Awoken are all respected posters, I’m sure VC will hear you guys out
Yes, there's the ignore function, but as I've stated, it disrupts the continuity of the threads. In lieu of moderators, VC has the report function, however, to date, that doesn't seem to be doing anything. Much like Lisa, people are getting fed up of telling them the same thing over and over again and not having the common sense to take heed to any of it.

I'm sure I can call VC's attention to it by posting his name using the "@" symbol, however, I'm of the mindset that most of us are adults and know how to act accordingly. I could be wrong as this has been going on for quite some time.

Cintra

Star
Don’t bother. It’ll be an endless argument not worth getting frustrated over.
Tidal, on this forum here, told everyone how he goes armed with a corrosive substance, with the intention of spraying it into the faces of women who displeased him.

This is a direct threat, and an admission of going prepared to do violent attacks against women.

It should not be allowed to pass with the excuse that 'oh, its just Tidal. The saddo from loser lane'.
Fred West was 'oh, its just Fred, he's a bit of a weirdo, but he is harmless really'.

This is how violence against women continues, because the threats are just brushed under the carpet as 'men being men', until its too late.

The truth is that right now I am conflicted.
Should I call the police and tell them that there is a man admitting that he goes out armed with acid to attack women with, or should I just be quiet because 'men will be men'?

I have seen on here today a horrifying threat against women, following on from a whole list of sexist comments from Tidal.
All the signs are there.

If he does attack and blind someone,will be culpable for remaining silent?

Right now I don't want to alert the authorities, and I will not remain silent while threats and admissions like those are made.
So i am challenging him here.
It is a compromise.

What would you do if you heard someone went out armed with acid to spray in the faces of women who upset him?

Maes17

Superstar
Tidal, on this forum here, told everyone how he goes armed with a corrosive substance, with the intention of spraying it into the faces of women who displeased him.

This is a direct threat, and an admission of going prepared to do violent attacks against women.

It should not be allowed to pass with the excuse that 'oh, its just Tidal. The saddo from loser lane'.
Fred West was 'oh, its just Fred, he's a bit of a weirdo, but he is harmless really'.

This is how violence against women continues, because the threats are just brushed under the carpet as 'men being men', until its too late.

The truth is that right now I am conflicted.
Should I call the police and tell them that there is a man admitting that he goes out armed with acid to attack women with, or should I just be quiet because 'men will be men'?

I have seen on here today a horrifying threat against women, following on from a whole list of sexist comments from Tidal.
All the signs are there.

If he does attack and blind someone,will be culpable for remaining silent?

Right now I don't want to alert the authorities, and I will not remain silent while threats and admissions like those are made.
So i am challenging him here.
It is a compromise.

What would you do if you heard someone went out armed with acid to spray in the faces of women who upset him?
Report him.
He’s trolling. If all you guys report him to VC then maybe he gets banned.

Idk if his threats are for real in the real world. If true then he can be held liable for threats

Maes17

Superstar
Yes, there's the ignore function, but as I've stated, it disrupts the continuity of the threads. In lieu of moderators, VC has the report function, however, to date, that doesn't seem to be doing anything. Much like Lisa, people are getting fed up of telling them the same thing over and over again and not having the common sense to take heed to any of it.

I'm sure I can call VC's attention to it by posting his name using the "@" symbol, however, I'm of the mindset that most of us are adults and know how to act accordingly. I could be wrong as this has been going on for quite some time.
It does, but it’s on a lot of forums. Not just here. That is the reality and territory of online forums. There will always be annoying people. How we choose to handle them is up to us.

You can let it frustrate you or you can look past it. If it truly is bothersome. There are enough of you guys to report him to get him banned or limited.

Maes17

Superstar
And it has gone on for a long time. I realized after the whole chass debacle a few years ago. I have no control over others actions. Some posters are adults and engage beneficially, some no matter what will throw a wrench in the machine.

Cintra

Star
Report him.
He’s trolling. If all you guys report him to VC then maybe he gets banned.

Idk if his threats are for real in the real world. If true then he can be held liable for threats
Banned?
But he is kind of amusing sometimes.

Real world threats...
I don't doubt that Tidal does have the spray he showed, and that he has carried around with him.
But I don't think he actually wants to hurt anyone for real. However he could easily do so by accident though not realising how acidic vinegar is.
He could also cause himself big problems if he should use it, or even carry it, as the police would view it as a premeditated acid attack.

And by telling us here, he has made all of us complicit.

Maldarker

Star
Gotta just ignore it.

This use to be moderated, didn't matter back in the old boards either.

Maes17

Superstar
Banned?
But he is kind of amusing sometimes.

Real world threats...
I don't doubt that Tidal does have the spray he showed, and that he has carried around with him.
But I don't think he actually wants to hurt anyone for real. However he could easily do so by accident though not realising how acidic vinegar is.
He could also cause himself big problems if he should use it, or even carry it, as the police would view it as a premeditated acid attack.

And by telling us here, he has made all of us complicit.
Well. Sounds like you’re finding comic relief. Just let him be. At best ignore/don’t engage. Pretty easy to do on a forum

Tidal

Star
I see this thread is called the "Petty Squabbles Thread", that'd certainly explain why it seems akin to a kindergarten and attracts a ragbag assortment of childish tantrumming trolls, one's even putting words in my mouth that i never said..:)
I'm 73 years old and outgrew petty bickering about 60 years ago, and I'd advise some of you to grow up too, and take this verse on board.. :p -

“When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.” (1 Cor 13:11)

NANNY, COME DEAL WITH THEM!

Last edited:

Cintra

Star
At which point in your growing up did you decide that threatening to acid attack women was a good thing?

Maldarker

Star
This forum is one of the more civil/mature forums within the conspiracy theory community. I guess I just tolerate the trolls. At the end of the day, they are not harming me
i feel the same didn't matter back then doesn't matter now and besides don't mind someones comment say what you want i'm not going to be that type of person to squelch someones voice.

polymoog

Superstar
You gotta be kidding us boy, you must have missed all my anti-vax posts.. :p
As for 9/11, Al-Qaeda ADMITTED doing it and that's good enough for me to point the finger at them..:)
i read all of your anti-vax posts. reread what i said. i am making a comparison between your (correct) disbelief of the media propaganda of corona and the jab, but then you go and believe the medias 9/11 senseless narrative.
look, go ahead and believe your version if you want, but you are only limiting your own understanding of what happened. thats it.

as long as you do not ruin the continuity and the momentum of any given thread, i have absolutely no problem with you.