Petty Squabbles Thread

Maes17

Superstar
Are you know saying I’m battling mental health issues? :oops:
Lol. I’m talking in a general context.

This another thing I want add. I’m glad you replied. It’s easy to misinterpret on a forum or a text message.

Lisa

Superstar
Lol. I’m talking in a general context.

This another thing I want add. I’m glad you replied. It’s easy to misinterpret on a forum or a text message.
But you’re not saying that you think I have mental issues?

~JC~

Veteran
A lot of posters end up taking the bait and get into spats with her.
So it’s a two way thing. How you choose to react to lisa or any other poster on here for that matter.

I can use polymoog and I as an example. We have our disagreements but I at the end of the day I consider him a forum friend.

Same with lisa, you, any poster on here. I rarely go around the serious threads anymore cause everything is so on edge disagreements end up hostile.

We all, myself included get wrapped up in proving a point we become hostile towards each other. We’re all here seeking alternative options, seeking truths to shady antics imposed by those in charge.

Conspiracy theorist are often misfits or “losers”. We can all have a place here to feel more comfortable within ourselves. We need to let go of the ego though and be willing to tolerate as annoying as some can be.

You all are VC fam even though I may not know any of you personally.
The fact I can come somewhere to randomly rant away, provide a neutral stance.

Sometimes all people need is a little chit chat to put their life in perspective.
I’d hate the thought of logging in and being a douche to someone who is probably battling mental health issues. That’s why I typically try to stay the middle man
Well put!

morita

Veteran
I'm moving my response here so as to not derail the other thread. There are a few points that I wanted to address.
You just love personal attacks, don't ya?!
That is your favorite line of defense when you don't know where else to go....
Nope, I'm calling you what you are and I'm calling you out on your bs.
You love playing the victim card don't you? You think I don't see your thinly veiled misogyny and vain attempts at trying to undermine me? You are one passive-agresive fellow and I see right through you.
I made a simple (true) statement about your love of debate and arguing in general. Not sure who you are trying to be so "right" for
Says who? The guy who kept coming back over and over again to the slut shaming thread to have the last word?
The problem is I didn't create this thread so that misogynist pigs like you would use it as a platform to slut shame women, nor to promote promiscuity. I created it to make people aware of the unfair treatment of women compared to men.
Of course these ideas are fresh in your mind if you are taking courses on women's studies and sociology. I have no objection with higher learning if that is what you choose to do with your life, but an entire college career in liberal arts isn't exactly balanced.
I never said I was studying this at school. Those are just assumptions.
You should be aware that knowledge can come from a lot of places, not just institutions. Read a book, expand your horizons.
As far as "contributions" from the your sage mind, I've learned that...
Morita hates, white people, men, and old people.
Please stop with the childish rethoric. I socialize with people of all ages and from different backgrounds in rl. I wanted to make that clear: It has nothing to do with you being white, old or whatever and everything to do with you being a chauvinist.

polymoog

Superstar
@Tidal

stop derailing the threads. youre ruining the continuity of the discussion.

if you want to address anyone calling you a shill or bigot or whatever, have your say right here and tell them what you think.

i personally dont think youre a shill, but youre guilty of exhibiting the same behavior as covidian zombies believing all of the propaganda and vax brainwashing from MSM when it comes to the official version of 9/11. you believe it only because it is more comfortable for you.

truth is a fire that should incinerate any biases, preconcieved notions and slants until you are left with a flawless, pure crystal of what really occurred. does anything else matter BUT the truth?

Maes17

Superstar
@Tidal

stop derailing the threads. youre ruining the continuity of the discussion.

if you want to address anyone calling you a shill or bigot or whatever, have your say right here and tell them what you think.

i personally dont think youre a shill, but youre guilty of exhibiting the same behavior as covidian zombies believing all of the propaganda and vax brainwashing from MSM when it comes to the official version of 9/11. you believe it only because it is more comfortable for you.

truth is a fire that should incinerate any biases, preconcieved notions and slants until you are left with a flawless, pure crystal of what really occurred. does anything else matter BUT the truth?
Good luck with that one. Tidal is like Lisa.
You’re gonna argue for months on end changing that guy.

At his age, I see no changing him. He’s set. Some think I encourage him, I respect the fact he sticks to his beliefs no matter how many posters disagree with him. I don’t think he’s a shill either. Just an old timer who wears his beliefs proudly

I may not agree with the guy on a lot of things. But sticking to his rules is pretty impressive. Annoying but impressive.

polymoog

Superstar
I may not agree with the guy on a lot of things. But sticking to his rules is pretty impressive. Annoying but impressive.
stubborn people impress you?

I respect the fact he sticks to his beliefs no matter how many posters disagree with him.
sticking to your guns is one thing. sticking to your guns while having your stance proven wrong from every angle imaginable and still believing it is being blockheaded.

btw, are you doing personal advocacy now, or are you doing your henry clay, the great compromiser bit again?

Maes17

Superstar
stubborn people impress you?

sticking to your guns is one thing. sticking to your guns while having your stance proven wrong from every angle imaginable and still believing it is being blockheaded.

btw, are you doing personal advocacy now, or are you doing your henry clay, the great compromiser bit again?
Sure. I mean it’s a public forum. I can see if we were paying members.

If it’s such a concern. Take it up with VC and see if he’ll allow moderators if this type of stuff bothers you so much. It’s easy to just ignore such post like Tidals, but posters here choose to engage. Reap what you sow in a sense.

It’s a public forum. Emphasis on public as well.
It happens.

Tidal

Star
..youre guilty of exhibiting the same behavior as covidian zombies believing all of the propaganda and vax brainwashing from MSM when it comes to the official version of 9/11. you believe it only because it is more comfortable for you.

You gotta be kidding us boy, you must have missed all my anti-vax posts.. :p
As for 9/11, Al-Qaeda ADMITTED doing it and that's good enough for me to point the finger at them..:)

Cintra

Star
You gotta be kidding us boy, you must have missed all my anti-vax posts.. :p
As for 9/11, Al-Qaeda ADMITTED doing it and that's good enough for me to point the finger at them..:)
But you had your vax, didn't you?
Like the good law abiding citizen that you are.
I expect you are reporting the anti vaxers to the authorities. I know you like doing that sort of thing

Al-Qaeda didn't do 9-11
I did.
Prove I didn't.

Sure. I mean it’s a public forum. I can see if we were paying members.

If it’s such a concern. Take it up with VC and see if he’ll allow moderators if this type of stuff bothers you so much. It’s easy to just ignore such post like Tidals, but posters here choose to engage. Reap what you sow in a sense.

It’s a public forum. Emphasis on public as well.
It happens.
FWIW, I have him on ignore because I find he's too ignorant and has basically derailed every thread. Still, it disrupts and the continuity of the thread, much like others who were on here doing the same thing. Not to mention, his nonsense adds nothing to them.

While you call it impressive that he's sticking to his guns, I call it, much like polymoog did, narrow-minded, and bullheaded. Two phrases come to mind: "“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” and " Repeating something or saying it louder, does not make it true." If he was one of the learners at the centre I tutor at, I can just hear the literacy coordinator now saying, "...okay, we'll try this with him and see if he understands this. If not, then I'll have a talk with him and ask if he really wants to be part of the program".

For the most part, we're all on this public forum to share information and learn from one another. He's doing neither.

Tidal

Star
While you call it impressive that he's sticking to his guns, I call it, much like polymoog did, narrow-minded, and bullheaded.

Others can flip-flop if they like, but not me.. :p
"I am constant as the northern star,
Of whose true-fix'd and resting quality
There is no fellow in the firmament."
-Shakespeare's Julius Caesar