Petty Squabbles Thread

Lisa

Superstar
Lisa is a great teacher to all of us, because she teaches us about ourselves through our reactions. We get defensive and fall into the rabbit hole of "proving a point”. She’s literally doing the same thing. If we’re confident in what we’re saying, in our beliefs, there’s no value in trying to constantly validate Ourselves to anyone who’s s not open to it, which gets sooo repetitive and typically ends up nowhere. It’s a practice in not taking the bait.
Or...People are wrong and get mad and defensive about it..that then loses them whatever point that they are trying to make? Come back with better refutations then personal attacks could be the lesson that really needs to be learned here?

Maes17

Star
Yeah but that’s what this forum is all about; multiple threads, full of information and perspectives on their topics. There are tons here. To say “over saturation” doesn’t make sense unless that was literally the ONLY thread on this forum...Because you don’t have to open any thread that doesn’t interest you, so its unfair and antagonistic to view and/or participate in a thread that doesn’t work for you, then poo ooo the truly interested parties who are there because they want to be.
Lol...however I’m really not a product of my era..but of God within me...the person who I was before God came into my life was pretty timid.
But thanks for again not jumping on the bash Lisa train..I really do appreciate that about you.
well your era wasn’t into political correctness and faith in religion was more highly thought of. So I’d say you’re a product of your era. That’s not a negative context.

Naw. No bashing from I. I can disagree with you and go about my way. Good luck lol

Maes17

Star
Lisa is a great teacher to all of us, because she teaches us about ourselves through our reactions. We get defensive and fall into the rabbit hole of "proving a point”. She’s literally doing the same thing. If we’re confident in what we’re saying, in our beliefs, there’s no value in trying to constantly validate Ourselves to anyone who’s s not open to it, which gets sooo repetitive and typically ends up nowhere. It’s a practice in not taking the bait.
A lot of posters end up taking the bait and get into spats with her.
So it’s a two way thing. How you choose to react to lisa or any other poster on here for that matter.

I can use polymoog and I as an example. We have our disagreements but I at the end of the day I consider him a forum friend.

Same with lisa, you, any poster on here. I rarely go around the serious threads anymore cause everything is so on edge disagreements end up hostile.

We all, myself included get wrapped up in proving a point we become hostile towards each other. We’re all here seeking alternative options, seeking truths to shady antics imposed by those in charge.

Conspiracy theorist are often misfits or “losers”. We can all have a place here to feel more comfortable within ourselves. We need to let go of the ego though and be willing to tolerate as annoying as some can be.

You all are VC fam even though I may not know any of you personally.
The fact I can come somewhere to randomly rant away, provide a neutral stance.

Sometimes all people need is a little chit chat to put their life in perspective.
I’d hate the thought of logging in and being a douche to someone who is probably battling mental health issues. That’s why I typically try to stay the middle man

Lisa

Superstar
So it’s a two way thing. How you choose to react to lisa or any other poster on here for that matter.

I can use polymoog and I as an example. We have our disagreements but I at the end of the day I consider him a forum friend.

Same with lisa, you, any poster on here. I rarely go around the serious threads anymore cause everything is so on edge disagreements end up hostile.

We all, myself included get wrapped up in proving a point we become hostile towards each other. We’re all here seeking alternative options, seeking truths to shady antics imposed by those in charge.

Conspiracy theorist are often misfits or “losers”. We can all have a place here to feel more comfortable within ourselves. We need to let go of the ego though and be willing to tolerate as annoying as some can be.

Sometimes all people need is a little chit chat to put their life in perspective.
I’d hate the thought of logging in and being a douche to someone who is probably battling mental health issues. That’s why I typically try to stay the middle man
Are you know saying I’m battling mental health issues? :oops:

Maes17

Star
Are you know saying I’m battling mental health issues? :oops:
Lol. I’m talking in a general context.

This another thing I want add. I’m glad you replied. It’s easy to misinterpret on a forum or a text message.

Lisa

Superstar
Lol. I’m talking in a general context.

This another thing I want add. I’m glad you replied. It’s easy to misinterpret on a forum or a text message.
But you’re not saying that you think I have mental issues?

~JC~

Veteran

Well put!

morita

Veteran
I'm moving my response here so as to not derail the other thread. There are a few points that I wanted to address.
You just love personal attacks, don't ya?!
That is your favorite line of defense when you don't know where else to go....
Nope, I'm calling you what you are and I'm calling you out on your bs.
You love playing the victim card don't you? You think I don't see your thinly veiled misogyny and vain attempts at trying to undermine me? You are one passive-agresive fellow and I see right through you.
I made a simple (true) statement about your love of debate and arguing in general. Not sure who you are trying to be so "right" for
Says who? The guy who kept coming back over and over again to the slut shaming thread to have the last word?
The problem is I didn't create this thread so that misogynist pigs like you would use it as a platform to slut shame women, nor to promote promiscuity. I created it to make people aware of the unfair treatment of women compared to men.
Of course these ideas are fresh in your mind if you are taking courses on women's studies and sociology. I have no objection with higher learning if that is what you choose to do with your life, but an entire college career in liberal arts isn't exactly balanced.
I never said I was studying this at school. Those are just assumptions.
You should be aware that knowledge can come from a lot of places, not just institutions. Read a book, expand your horizons.
As far as "contributions" from the your sage mind, I've learned that...
Morita hates, white people, men, and old people.
Please stop with the childish rethoric. I socialize with people of all ages and from different backgrounds in rl. I wanted to make that clear: It has nothing to do with you being white, old or whatever and everything to do with you being a chauvinist.