Perfect Preservation of the Quran

Kung Fu

Superstar
that makes 0 sense and u know it.

Its actually probably the weakest link in the QuRan, that Jesus somehow miraculously didnt get crucified when ALL the evidence points to that he did. See theres a difference between the resurrection and Jesus not being crucified. Theres evidence for his resurrection barring Muhammads creative writing skills, there is no evidence he wasnt cruciified.
What part of "God making it appear to them" doesn't make sense to you?

A bunch of zombies rose up in the city but yet no historian ever talks about. You would think zombies rising from the dead within a town would be spoken by historians, YOU KNOW BECAUSE ZOMBIES, but the only mention of it is in your interpolated NT lol.

What evidence of Jesus's resurrection do you have outside of the NT?

@ArtfulRevealer
I believe that the Quran speaks for itself. There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that it is from God.
This is not the claim that is being addressed in this thread. This thread is about the perfect preservation of the Quran, not whether or not the Quran is from, or inspired by, God.

Except it doesn't because if you read the Quran you know it states that "it appeared to them that he was crucified". For the people who witnessed the crucifixion it really did appear that he was crucified. Why don't you actually read the Quran for yourself before you throw out assumptions.

Nice try though you little you :)
Not that Jesus' resurrection is relevant to this thread, but the Quran does have a significant hole in Jesus' story and what happened to Him after someone else took his place on the cross. There's one account by Ibn Kathir which says Jesus, after the youngest of twelve disciples volunteered to take Jesus' place, was "beamed up" sort of speak, through the roof of the house.

The majority assumption by muslims that Jesus entered heaven alive, also poses alot of philosophical, logical and theological problems to which Islam doesn't provide satisfactory answers either. This is problematic, to say the least.

What part of "God making it appear to them" doesn't make sense to you?

A bunch of zombies rose up in the city but yet no historian ever talks about. You would think zombies rising from the dead within a town would be spoken by historians, YOU KNOW BECAUSE ZOMBIES, but the only mention of it is in your interpolated NT lol.

What evidence of Jesus's resurrection do you have outside of the NT?
You should check out the Shroud of Turin.

@Artful Revealer 'not an islam bashing thread'.....

posts david wood material.

there ought to be a rule somewhere in this universe
'thou shalt not be so retarded' with an image of david wood as an illustration.
Why is it so easy for me to see that he is a complete wrong'n? it's his face, very smug, narcissistic looking.

i like genuine ppl...regardless of their religious views...even if they criticise islam if i felt they were honest in their intentions i'd give them the time of day.
since im getting too old for this sh1t, you're going on my ignore list.

@Artful Revealer 'not an islam bashing thread'.....

posts david wood material.

there ought to be a rule somewhere in this universe
'thou shalt not be so retarded' with an image of david wood as an illustration.
Why is it so easy for me to see that he is a complete wrong'n? it's his face, very smug, narcissistic looking.

i like genuine ppl...regardless of their religious views...even if they criticise islam if i felt they were honest in their intentions i'd give them the time of day.
since im getting too old for this sh1t, you're going on my ignore list.
lol

Daze

Superstar
I've been gone for about 5 years, but i honestly don't think much has changed on these boards.

Far as being on topic, i don't want to give it merit by weighing in.

The test is simple, "bring one like it".
“And if you all are in doubt about what I have revealed to My servant, bring a single chapter like it, and call your witnesses besides God if you are truthful.”

Quran 2:23
We see this hasn't been done in 1400+ years.

There is only One Quran, there will only ever be One Quran.

Compare this with the topic starters book?

2000 versions+ (<--- click it, info from bible.com)

Talk about perfect preservation. :rolleyes:

I've been gone for about 5 years, but i honestly don't think much has changed on these boards.

Far as being on topic, i don't want to give it merit by weighing in.

The test is simple, "bring one like it".

We see this hasn't been done in 1400+ years.

There is only One Quran, there will only ever be One Quran.

Compare this with the topic starters book?

2000 versions+ (<--- click it, info from bible.com)

Talk about perfect preservation. :rolleyes:
Is it a competition between which book has been most perfectly preserved then? Do you think you had a gotcha moment by letting me know the Bible wasn't perfectly preserved? Lol!

God, the meltdown with some people again, not knowing the crumbling down of the perfect preservation argument is actually doing them a favour.

Last edited:

Kung Fu

Superstar
Nowhere in this video does Bart Ehrman affirm perfect preservation of the Quran. Not that he would be the ultimate judge either.
Around the 3:30 the Quran has been faithfully transmitted over the centuries.

Not that he's the ultimate judge but the more people that study them, along with the Sana findings, it seems that more and more Western academics are starting to come to the conclusion that it was faithfully preserved.

Around the 3:30 the Quran has been faithfully transmitted over the centuries.

Not that he's the ultimate judge but the more people that study them, along with the Sana findings, it seems that more and more Western academics are starting to come to the conclusion that it was faithfully preserved.
Faithfully preserved, implying the intent of the scribes to preserve it as well as possible, and perfectly preserved are two separate things.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Not that Jesus' resurrection is relevant to this thread, but the Quran does have a significant hole in Jesus' story and what happened to Him after someone else took his place on the cross. There's one account by Ibn Kathir which says Jesus, after the youngest of twelve disciples volunteered to take Jesus' place, was "beamed up" sort of speak, through the roof of the house.

The majority assumption by muslims that Jesus entered heaven alive, also poses alot of philosophical, logical and theological problems to which Islam doesn't provide satisfactory answers either. This is problematic, to say the least.
In truth we don't know who took his place or if anyone even did. God knows best. What we do know is the Quran tells us that He made it appear so to the people. Sometimes our eyes deceive us.

What's problematic about God raising Jesus into Himself?

Kung Fu

Superstar
Faithfully preserved, implying the intent of the scribes to preserve it as well as possible, and perfectly preserved are two separate things.
Why are they two different things and why couldn't the Christians faithfully preserve theirs?

In truth we don't know who took his place or if anyone even did. God knows best. What we do know is the Quran tells us that He made it appear so to the people. Sometimes our eyes deceive us.

What's problematic about God raising Jesus into Himself?
Jesus had a material body in the moment He was raised up, yes? What happened to His material body as he, as you put it, was raised by God unto himself, given that God is immaterial?

Kung Fu

Superstar
Jesus had a material body in the moment He was raised up, yes? What happened to His material body as he, as you put it, was raised by God unto himself, given that God is immaterial?
Did Adam and Eve have a material body when they were living in the Garden and then sent down to earth? Your question is the exact same as the story of Adam and Even but in reverse.

I don't know what happened to him but I'm sure God was able to figure it out. He's going to give life back to our material bodies after we die and so we also, will be raised and how He does that only He knows.

EDIT: For all we know God could've put Jesus through some purification like filter where his material body could relax in the Garden just like Adam and Eve's bodies did.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Which Christians didn't faithfully preserve scripture? You assume ill intent?
The Textus Receptus and their additions such as the Comma Johanneum. Most blatant act of forgery and ill intent if I ever seen one. They fooled Christians for centuries and still do to this day.

Did Adam and Eve have a material body when they were living in the Garden and then sent down to earth? Your question is the exact same as the story of Adam and Even but in reverse.

I don't know what happened to him but I'm sure God was able to figure it out. He's going to give life back to our material bodies after we die and so we also, will be raised and how He does that only He knows.
Well, did Adam and Eve have a material body?