Perception Management

Karlysymon

Superstar
"Whoever controls perception wins"

"I am an information warrior and a perception manager.....We are being haunted and stalked by the difference between perception and reality,......Because the lines are divergent, this difference between perception and reality is one of the greatest strategic communications challenges of war." ~John Rendon

Perception management is a term originated by the US military. The US Department of Defense (DOD) gives this definition:

Actions to convey and/or deny selected information and indicators to foreign audiences to influence their emotions, motives, and objective reasoning as well as to intelligence systems and leaders at all levels to influence official estimates, ultimately resulting in foreign behaviors and official actions favorable to the originator's objectives. In various ways, perception management combines truth projection, operations security, cover and deception, and psychological operations
The obvious question to ask here is: how far off from the truth/reality are the perceptions that you believe/hold to be true?

Maes17

Superstar
Our personal experiences are our perception. If you allow someone to control or persuade your perception they win.

Any argument I come across on this forum.
I can only offer from my perception. Even with facts/studies etc.
I consider statistical data a trend. But I also realize a lot of people do buck those trends.

Stay open minded out there.
Love all you mf’ers here

Karlysymon

Superstar
Our personal experiences are our perception. If you allow someone to control or persuade your perception they win.

Any argument I come across on this forum.
I can only offer from my perception. Even with facts/studies etc.
I consider statistical data a trend. But I also realize a lot of people do buck those trends.

Stay open minded out there.
Love all you mf’ers here
I imagine that personal experiences would be abit hard to "manage" but what about events you never experienced? The Moon Landings would be a good example. Even though no other country has managed to send men to the moon for over 50yrs, somehow, some people still believe the US story to be true even if it defies common sense or the "evidence of the senses". That perception is managed and the belief is clung to because it strokes their patriotism.

My other example would be perceptions regarding America's "state of being". And that even though people seemingly believe one thing, that which they perceive or told to do so, their reactions to societal shifts or changes betray and/or corroborate reality rather than their perceptions and in this case, i think Dave McGowan said it best:
"If ignorance is bliss, why are so many Americans on Prozac?"

1592221064790.png
I suppose @Orwell's mentor was echoing Hoover?
Perhaps they don't have the inner fortitude to face the issue so they squabble over things that really don't mean anything in the long run?

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
I have come to regard that nearly everything that shapes our worldview and way of thinking is based off of a lie. The perception we hold is a lie and thus we go about life making decisions based off of a lie. I think of The Village by M.Night Shyamalan. That entire community along with their thoughts, day to day actions, and belief system was shaped by the inner circle of the elders of that village who as we know had been lying all along. Their life experience was based off of a massive deception and they had no idea. We live in an ocean and age of information. It has come to a point where people basically choose their own truth and version of reality that suits them.

Maes17

Superstar
I imagine that personal experiences would be abit hard to "manage" but what about events you never experienced? The Moon Landings would be a good example. Even though no other country has managed to send men to the moon for over 50yrs, somehow, some people still believe the US story to be true even if it defies common sense or the "evidence of the senses". That perception is managed and the belief is clung to because it strokes their patriotism.

My other example would be perceptions regarding America's "state of being". And that even though people seemingly believe one thing, that which they perceive or told to do so, their reactions to societal shifts or changes betray and/or corroborate reality rather than their perceptions and in this case, i think Dave McGowan said it best:
"If ignorance is bliss, why are so many Americans on Prozac?"

View attachment 37946
I suppose @Orwell's mentor was echoing Hoover?
It’s honestly hard to change perceptions in a lot of facets. So even if I can understand where you’re coming from, my upbringing and life experiences creates a wall that’s hard to break.

That’s why I approach with an open mind. I’m not easily persuaded but give the benefit of the doubt to even those I disagree with.

If that makes sense.

My two cents; reject the system outright and the little truths and lies don't really matter.

I believe that all authority should be abolished, completely, and that society should be completely rebuilt without unnecessary hierarchies. So what does it matter if we've been to the moon or not, or if the people calling the shots are Satanists or Capitalists?

DavidSon

Star
I have come to regard that nearly everything that shapes our worldview and way of thinking is based off of a lie
It's good to remind people there is truth and not to fall into the trap of nihilism. Most of what we USED to believe and what the masses think are based on lies, but we can climb above all that and look at the world objectively. Rain isn't a lie, neither is the the wind moving against your skin.

It seems like half of our life is spent building up our identity and ego; the other half tearing down what's false. We're all subject to programming and it takes honesty to accept we've been duped to some degree.

This goes for both sides of perceived conflict whether political, religious, whatever. At every level there are figures attempting to shape our perception and the PTB work both sides. Jay Dyer gave an interview reviewing Daniel Estulin's book "Tavistock Institute: Social Engineering the Masses." He commented all revolutions are controlled. Whether left or right movements they're usually not an organic, grassroots expression of public will.

Take the Steve Bannon led (Cambridge Analytica), Jewish oligarch funded, pretend right-wing, Q-anon "populist" movement. On the opposite end of the spectrum (also funded by billionaires) are social justice networks and other counter-culture elements infiltrated by establishment agents. It hurts someone like me to admit that labor unions were partly co-opted decades ago. As has been said many times, the 1% can't control everything but for sure anything of worth they have their hands in attempting to shape its direction.

I think searching for truth we have to stay vigilant and keep an open mind. Be flexible, willing to admit we were wrong. The quality of an awakened person is the ability to change our views based on new facts/evidence. There is truth but the layers of filth have to wiped away to experience it.

Had no idea Rodney King had two passengers with him, that they cooperated with police and released without incident:

Behind the Big News: Propaganda and the CFR