Peace in the Middle East

Thunderian

Superstar
I'm starting a new thread because this topic has become very broad.

Today, Bahrain became the second Arab nation, after United Arab Emirates, to establish open relations with Israel, and, for a lot of reasons, this is a very big deal. There are a few other Islamic countries said to be near making peace with the object of their age-old hatred, Israel, including Oman, Sudan and Morocco. Saudi Arabia will most likely be on the list of those who publicly bury the hatchet with Israel very soon, as they have already opened their airspace to Israeli aircraft.

One of the biggest reasons why these peace deals are such an enormous deal is that the Palestinian issue, long a hindrance to peace between Israel and her neighbours, has apparently been sidestepped for the sake of peace elsewhere. And while a permanent settling of Palestinian grievances against Israel isn't a condition of these peace deals, this will mean, at least, that Israelis and Arabs are sitting down and building real relationships with each other. I'm of the mind that peace will lead to peace, and friendship will lead to friendship, but I'm sure others disagree.

My view of Bible prophecy told me that peace would come to the Middle East soon. But it's one thing to believe something by faith, and very much another to watch it happen in front of my own eyes. I'm interested in the view of those who don't have any eschatological influences, or perhaps Islamic ones. What do you make of all this? What's going to happen next?

Did you forget about the final war that takes place in the ME where millions die.

There will be no "peace in the middle east" while the forces of evil occupy the land.

These arab nations have been collaborating with Israel for a long time, they just haven't come out in the open about it.

Things are now more in your face with Orange Clown Trump.

Thunderian

Superstar
Did you forget about the final war that takes place in the ME where millions die.

There will be no "peace in the middle east" while the forces of evil occupy the land.

These arab nations have been collaborating with Israel for a long time, they just haven't come out in the open about it.

Things are now more in your face with Orange Clown Trump.
Why do you feel these nations are collaborating with Israel? I mean, why are they making peace?

You believe they’re being tricked by Satan?
the bible says the Beast controls the world.

You will not gain any reward by opposing the Beast in this lifetime.

It is the easier and immoral road to join the Beast rather than oppose it.

Those nations that oppose the Beast will be consumed and destroyed by it.

To answer your question, no they are not being tricked, they are choosing the easier way out.

Thunderian

Superstar
the bible says the Beast controls the world.

You will not gain any reward by opposing the Beast in this lifetime.

It is the easier and immoral road to join the Beast rather than oppose it.

Those nations that oppose the Beast will be consumed and destroyed by it.

To answer your question, no they are not being tricked, they are choosing the easier way out.
And Israel, conveniently, is the Beast? There’s no way I can read my Bible that appears to even hint at that, but maybe you can start a thread that walks us through it in the religion forum.

And Israel, conveniently, is the Beast? There’s no way I can read my Bible that appears to even hint at that, but maybe you can start a thread that walks us through it in the religion forum.
No Israel is a part of the Beast, not the Beast itself.

The Beast is the new Roman empire (America, UK, France, Israel, etc.)

Lisa

Superstar
No Israel is a part of the Beast, not the Beast itself.

The Beast is the new Roman empire (America, UK, France, Israel, etc.)
If Israel is part of the beast empire..than why will the nations of the earth be gathered against it?

Lisa

Superstar
Oh, @Lisa.

Thanks for the heads up! That’s an amazing article. I hope I’m sitting down when I see the article taking about finding a spotless red heifer and building the temple.

On a side note..do you ever wonder why they sign a seven year treaty with Israel? It’s seems so short when they are gonna build a temple and reinstate sacrifices.

Thunderian

Superstar
Thanks for the heads up! That’s an amazing article. I hope I’m sitting down when I see the article taking about finding a spotless red heifer and building the temple.

On a side note..do you ever wonder why they sign a seven year treaty with Israel? It’s seems so short when they are gonna build a temple and reinstate sacrifices.
I think they already have the ashes. I don't think you'll be around for that announcement. ;)

As for the side note, who knows why seven years is the term? It could just be the length of time that's chosen for one reason or another, like the terms in the Iran nuclear deal. Maybe, according to the treaty, something else kicks in, or something is up for negotiation or examination after a time of peace. It could very well be a freeze on settlements, with the proviso that the Palestinians have to dismantle their terror organizations and hold fair and open elections in that time. I can only speculate, but I doubt that it will mean that when the seven years are up, it's war again. It might be that it will be looked upon as the term for a "starter" treaty, to see how everyone likes it, with the option to extend at the end of the first seven years.

Lisa

Superstar
I think they already have the ashes. I don't think you'll be around for that announcement. ;)

As for the side note, who knows why seven years is the term? It could just be the length of time that's chosen for one reason or another, like the terms in the Iran nuclear deal. Maybe, according to the treaty, something else kicks in, or something is up for negotiation or examination after a time of peace. It could very well be a freeze on settlements, with the proviso that the Palestinians have to dismantle their terror organizations and hold fair and open elections in that time. I can only speculate, but I doubt that it will mean that when the seven years are up, it's war again. It might be that it will be looked upon as the term for a "starter" treaty, to see how everyone likes it, with the option to extend at the end of the first seven years.
The last bit makes sense..I just kept thinking it was such a short treaty for sacrificing.

I haven’t seen anything about them finding a spotless red heifer. One would think it would be heralded from on high!

Lol..I’m pretty sure I will be unless I die before it. That will be an incredible day.

Stucky

Star
Serious question. Have the UAE and Bahrain accepted Israel as a "Jewish state" Or is that something that is only to be imposed on the Palestinians?

Thunderian

Superstar
Serious question. Have the UAE and Bahrain accepted Israel as a "Jewish state" Or is that something that is only to be imposed on the Palestinians?
They have obviously accepted Israel as it is, which is a modern state where all races have the same rights. Twenty percent of Israeli citizens are non-Jewish, and they have more rights as Israelis than most Arabs have in any other Middle Eastern country.

Serious question: Do you know anything about Israel?