Pc Culture Is Fascism

JoChris

Superstar
Look at this post.

You start with the term "personal needs".

I simply used the term "needs".

You change it to "personal needs" with the quotes, then in your last sentence it becomes "desires".

Needs and desires are not the same thing. Again, someone wants to put words in my mouth. Another strawman.
Your statement was referring to potentially choosing Islam over Christianity:
".... But if Islam is more responsive to my needs..."
MY needs:
Islam doesn't supply physical needs (although believers might....)
You don't even believe in Islam, so it won't supply spiritual needs
What is left? Personal wants and desires, whether positive, negative and/or neutral

That last option is the undercurrent of what you are saying. Your faith in Islam would be counterfeit. At least other Muslims on this forum come across as sincere, no matter how much I will always disagree with them personally.

At the very least be true to yourself. I would love it if you became a genuine born again Christian, but I also would prefer you to be an open agnostic than be a fake Christian.

Have you considered that blaming PC culture is just a convenient way to avoid facing a valuable lesson? Society has conditioned us to define ourselves through seeking the approval of others, resulting in a deep-seated fear of disapproval. Awareness of this can help you "reset" yourself and hopefully eventually dissolve this fear, along with dissolving your perceived difficulty with self-expression.

Vytas

Star
I'm not that important. Yes.... you know, I do like to talk. Yes, I like to discuss things.

If the fact that I like to talk makes me an egocentrist, then yes I'm an egocentrist.

I would like to have a voice. I would be like to be able to say what I think. That is egocentrism? Then yes I am an egocentrist.

But I do not think that is egocentrism and I do not think I am egocentrist.

I think the truly egocentric people hate discussion and are not interested in talking because they think they have all the answers.

I do not have all the answers. I am baffled and confused all the time.

Perhaps I am not as smart as you. Perhaps you don't need to talk about things out loud to understand them better. Maybe you don't need to talk so you can process your thoughts.

I am not quite that smart. I need to talk about things so I can process my thoughts, I need to talk about things out loud so I can understand them better.

So I talk in order to achieve understanding. Plato and Socrates used dialogue as well so if I am dumb or egocentric because I like to talk about things- about real things and not, for example, the Kardashians- then at least I am in good company.

What the hell with your passive-aggressive...nevermind... Comment about egocentrism was more tongue in cheek type of remark...I didn't mean to imply that you are stupid, nothing even close to that, nor i think im very smart either, i was merely pointing out that perhaps those problems aren't that big like you make them sound... I never read Plato or Socrates... so im getting out of here...

Etagloc

Superstar
Have you considered that blaming PC culture is just a convenient way to avoid facing a valuable lesson? Society has conditioned us to define ourselves through seeking the approval of others, resulting in a deep-seated fear of disapproval. Awareness of this can help you "reset" yourself and hopefully eventually dissolve this fear, along with dissolving your perceived difficulty with self-expression.
Another strawman.

Not wanting to lose my job because I didn't call a dude with a beard a "she" has nothing to do with your strawman.

Etagloc

Superstar
Your statement was referring to potentially choosing Islam over Christianity:
".... But if Islam is more responsive to my needs..."
MY needs:
Islam doesn't supply physical needs (although believers might....)
You don't even believe in Islam, so it won't supply spiritual needs
What is left? Personal wants and desires, whether positive, negative and/or neutral

That last option is the undercurrent of what you are saying. Your faith in Islam would be counterfeit. At least other Muslims on this forum come across as sincere, no matter how much I will always disagree with them personally.

At the very least be true to yourself. I would love it if you became a genuine born again Christian, but I also would prefer you to be an open agnostic than be a fake Christian.
Another strawman. This has nothing to do with my post.

Etagloc

Superstar
What the hell with your passive-aggressive...nevermind... Comment about egocentrism was more tongue in cheek type of remark...I didn't mean to imply that you are stupid, nothing even close to that, nor i think im very smart either, i was merely pointing out that perhaps those problems aren't that big like you make them sound... I never read Plato or Socrates... so im getting out of here...
Very interesting how you manage to passively-aggressively accuse me of being passive-aggressive. Interesting.

Etagloc

Superstar
Okay, party people in the place to be.

I was off yesterday. I had time to write epic-length posts. Today? I got stuff to do.

I'll be back..... maybe. I might come back, I might not. Who knows. But I'm out for now. I leave you with this.

Another strawman.

Not wanting to lose my job because I didn't call a dude with a beard a "she" has nothing to do with your strawman.
lol ok. What about outside the workplace then?

Besides, if you choose to become someone's employee in order to earn money, unfortunately you will always be under someone else's rules whether you like them or not. No use complaining about that, is there?

minuteman223

Established
This mind set has been in place for some time. It is about getting people conditioned to words that cant be used. It is meant to look like it is a left sided issue. It is not, this issue is no different than say a DUI check point or getting felt up at our airports now. Those two aspects I just said are meant to condition people to looking for drunks, and " airport Safety " , when they are not about that at all, they are about you getting use to seeing road blocks , and security every where. If you start with certain words, then you can move to the next stage of " Hurtful Words " . That being words that are against the Government or what is considered the ' Social Norm " . When speaking out in general will be opposed by a mass of people, who will kindly turn those that do not agree in the Thought Police. This is where this is heading, look at public and collage schooling today they beat it into young peoples heads. This is nothing more than Psychological Warfare on the public as a whole, and it has been going far longer than most realize.

th.jpg

Read this book Propaganda from the authors who's quote is above , and many others to see the full scope of this subject.

hh.jpg

Manipulation of minds is what they are after, it is why this is so prevalent in the media at large. The work of the Social Engineer's getting us all to become Pavlov's Dogs..

Aero

Superstar
I applaud your efforts to teach people about projection. But this isn't psychology 101. School is out, and the public doesn't care about psychology. People don't follow experts anymore, they follow titles. And we have been taught that a psychologist is not an important title.

The public wants to hear from the Presidents, Vice Presidents and CEO's of the world. Than the rest of the politicians and federal and local judicial branches. Media personalities and celebrities are even higher on the list than any doctor. Or anyone else with any real expertise for that matter.

That's why the 9/11 investigations never really went anywhere in the collective consciousness. Because nobody listens to experts. A million engineers can all say that shit isn't possible. Doesn't even matter a little bit.

yiksmes

Established
Don't like PC culture too but every time i think about all this stuff, this comes to mind:
Mu`adh bin Jabal (radiallahu anh) reported: I asked the Messenger of Allah (salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam):

“Inform me of an act which will cause me to enter Jannah and keep me far from Hell.”

He (salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) replied, “You have asked me about a matter of great importance, but it is easy for one for whom Allah makes it easy.”

He added, “Worship Allah, associate nothing with Him in worship, offer As-Salat (the prayer), pay the Zakat, observe Saum (fasting) during Ramadan and perform Hajj (pilgrimage) to the House of Allah, if you can afford it.”

Then He (salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) added,

“Shall I tell you of the root of the matter, its pillar and its highest point?” I replied: “Yes! Certainly, O Prophet of Allah.” He said, “The root of this matter (foundation) is Islam, its pillar (mainstay is) As-Salat (the prayer) and its highest point is Jihad (fighting in the Cause of Allah).”

Then He (salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) asked,

“Shall I tell you of that which holds all these things?” I said: “Yes, O Messenger of Allah.” So he took hold of his tongue and said, “Keep this in control.” I asked: “O Messenger of Allah! Shall we really be accounted for what we talk about?”

He (salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) replied, “May your mother lose you! People will be thrown on their faces into the Hell on account of their tongues.”
full version here:
https://www.alquranclasses.com/keeping-hold-tongue/

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Ps - got to get some sleep now but I really like your question and I'll get back to you tomorrow...

"the sometimes link between Christianity and white nationalism.....

is this something from within the Christian community or a diabolical subversion tactic coming from outside of Christianity?"
I said I would get back to you on your question @Etagloc but didn't get to it. I read this article and it made me think further on your observations. I'm not in the US so I miss some of the political side on the other side of the pond!

https://sojo.net/articles/religious-right-will-rise-and-fall-donald-trump