PC Builds! What’s your spec?

Maes17

Superstar
The mod side is really cool do have to admit that. Mines more preference of ease with consoles is all since like i said don;t like touching a pc much after working on it all day.
In conclusion.
If you have a pc, skipping a gaming console is your best bet

Maldarker

Star
In conclusion.
Honestly if you can get a good gaming pc go for it! It's preference for me. I am hoping that mods will be come more on console seems it might be heading that way specially with Bethesda being snatched by microsoft.

Maes17

Superstar
Honestly if you can get a good gaming pc go for it! It's preference for me. I am hoping that mods will be come more on console seems it might be heading that way specially with Bethesda being snatched by microsoft.
I don’t game enough for a pc. We invested a lot in a home gym this past winter

Daze

Superstar
I am hoping that consoles die out. Ps5 being a perfect example. Why go drop another $500 for a slightly better "pc" that can't be upgraded? As it is many ps5 games are being put out on ps4 simultaneously so whats the point?

Exclusives drive me nuts, where you have to go out and by an entirely separate system to play one game. I remember Tales of graces got me to buy a ps3, FF7 remake conned me into getting a ps4. I know i got the switch for breath of the wild. I got all of these "pc's" when all these games can be put on one machine. Whats the most irritating is I'll probably get a ps5 when FF 7 releases another installment because we all know they won't put it out on the ps4.

Pc's and emulators are the way to go for "console" games, you just need patience as emulation for the ps3 just got good in the past year or 2. ps4 is not there yet. I do know there is a switch emulator but I've never tried it. Other then BotW and Xenoblade 2 I've never really played any switch games for a considerable amount of time.

While my first system as a child was nintedo I kinda hate them today for multiple reasons. For one their copyright is out of control. You used to be able to find every nintendo power magazine online until nintendo cried copyright and had them removed. I mean how does nintendo benefit from censoring 20 year old magazines?

While today they charge full price for everything. Botw years after release is STILL $60 for even a digital copy. While their "newest" Zelda, skyward sword coming out soon (which is actually a game that was made years ago and is merely being ported) somehow has a $60 price tag.

Sorry, seems i've gone off on a tangent..

Maldarker

Star
I am hoping that consoles die out. Ps5 being a perfect example. Why go drop another $500 for a slightly better "pc" that can't be upgraded? As it is many ps5 games are being put out on ps4 simultaneously so whats the point?

Exclusives drive me nuts, where you have to go out and by an entirely separate system to play one game. I remember Tales of graces got me to buy a ps3, FF7 remake conned me into getting a ps4. I know i got the switch for breath of the wild. I got all of these "pc's" when all these games can be put on one machine. Whats the most irritating is I'll probably get a ps5 when FF 7 releases another installment because we all know they won't put it out on the ps4.

Pc's and emulators are the way to go for "console" games, you just need patience as emulation for the ps3 just got good in the past year or 2. ps4 is not there yet. I do know there is a switch emulator but I've never tried it. Other then BotW and Xenoblade 2 I've never really played any switch games for a considerable amount of time.

While my first system as a child was nintedo I kinda hate them today for multiple reasons. For one their copyright is out of control. You used to be able to find every nintendo power magazine online until nintendo cried copyright and had them removed. I mean how does nintendo benefit from censoring 20 year old magazines?

While today they charge full price for everything. Botw years after release is STILL $60 for even a digital copy. While their "newest" Zelda, skyward sword coming out soon (which is actually a game that was made years ago and is merely being ported) somehow has a $60 price tag.

Sorry, seems i've gone off on a tangent..
Its all going cloud based anyway soon won't matter the sys you have just connection. I agree with the prices waaay over priced! Xenoblade so good. I like those type of games myself. The fallout series Final fantasy series etc. that's my cup of tea

Aero

Superstar
Here's the problem with consoles.

Nobody is going to pay 1,000-2,000 dollars for a system with a few exclusives. So you end up with a 500 dollar piece of outdated garbage filled with bargain bin hardware.

Daze

Superstar
I thought the final fantasy remake on PS4 was a bit pants tbh
I liked it, but there were alot of things that aggravated me about it. There's very few areas to actually grind. A good chunk of the game you can't go back and level up until you're practically at the end, so whats the point? I disliked how they limited materia, they no longer double when maxed out. There's actually only one All materia in the entire game.
I don't like the final boss,
now that "destiny" is dead they can change the story however they wish.

Seeing there will likely be years between installments they really nerfed the remake. Its very linear now. Its no longer open world and for much of the game, you can't even back track.

If you compare them today the original is better in my opinion, the only difference is graphics really.

Tidal

Star
I'm a gaming/flight simming fan but am a complete PC dummy and haven't a clue about PC specs, so I simply waltz into my local computer shop and tell them- "Build me a PC capable of handling all the latest super-duper high-end games and sims" and leave it to them.
My current PC that they built for me cost £1700 (2356 USD) and it runs everything smooth as silk and I can help companies develop their games under my gaming name 'PoorOldSpike' and also write articles and tutorials for gaming forums..:)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS- Here are the current Steam games and sims I own, plus I've got more that are non-Steam-

Last edited:

Maldarker

Star
In conclusion.
Well you would not believe how many games don't play on your PC until i have to work on it to get it configured right to work. For example fallout 3 on PC always crashed when opening lockers nothing else just the lockers - the graphics cards for some reason where having issues with the code & need a config to be changed in the game code to 0 instead of 1... So unless your willing to learn your shit. I'm going to be making money off you.

Maldarker

Star
I'm a gaming/flight simming fan but am a complete PC dummy and haven't a clue about PC specs, so I simply waltz into my local computer shop and tell them- "Build me a PC capable of handling all the latest super-duper high-end games and sims" and leave it to them.
My current PC that they built for me cost £1700 (2356 USD) and it runs everything smooth as silk and I can help companies develop their games under my gaming name 'PoorOldSpike' and also write articles and tutorials for gaming forums..:)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS- Here are the current Steam games and sims I own, plus I've got more that are non-Steam-

Really liked the panzer general games. Play any of those?