Paul McCartney to Write It's A Wonderful Life Musical

tigerus

Rookie
Sir Paul McCartney to write It's A Wonderful Life musical

Saw this yesterday. After VC's recent article on Paul, I wonder how this will be spun? A popular movie, largely wholesome, that has become an icon for most at Christmastime.

Sir Paul has never really been one for Christmas. He's never put out a Christmas album, like many other artists have, which I have always found unusual for someone of his standing in the industry. He is steeped in symbolism lately. In other words, the last person you would think of to probably tackle an iconic Christmas movie.

This should be interesting as the theme of the movie is religious in nature as well. Something Sir Paul is not (even though he did go through a Jewish ceremony for his latest marriage which I found interesting) but I do not know if he has converted. His wife's family has recently fallen on bad luck going bankrupt with the family trucking business costing 4,000 people there jobs. News reports said it was a "shocking bankruptcy" as analysts were surprised because the trucking industry has been profitable for everyone else. I guess his wife Nancy could not run the business jaunting around with Paul and keeping her looks up.

His last album we saw songs like VC covered "Who Cares" and "I Wanna Fuh You". Huge departures from what fans typically expect in his writing. Yet the album went to #1 on the charts. He's just come off a sold out tour these past few months.

Hmmm....wonder if he finds a way to tell George Bailey when he's on that bridge "Who Cares"...idiot, go ahead and jump. It should be entertaining.