Past life regression

Vytas

Star
The way I see it, hypnosis is like leaving your house unlocked and popping out for a few hours.

Sometimes nothing happens at all, sometimes a prankster might pop round and rearrange your furniture (like in the popular hypnosis stage shows) and maybe sometimes a squatter might move in who might be hard to get out.

As for me and my house, I lock the door.
That was beautifully explained...

When an unclean spirit comes out of a man, it passes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.

Vytas

Star
why then do so many children around the world recall past lives.....and can remember everything they used to do in this past life?
You do realize that due to humanity demographics there are too many children and not enough past lives... So many kings and queens...must have been very common profession in the dawn of history...

sim hae

Established
You do realize that due to humanity demographics there are too many children and not enough past lives... So many kings and queens...must have been very common profession in the dawn of history...
Today's world population is easily below 7-8% of the total number of people that have ever lived on the Earth, and if we were to also take into account the aborted babies, then I'd guess it's around 5%. (The 7% estimation is made by people who don't believe in the flood that wiped out practically the entire world population)
I've never read/watched a child's testimony where they said that they used to be a king/queen. Can you post some if you know so many cases? I'm intrigued

Vytas

Star
Today's world population is easily below 7-8% of the total number of people that have ever lived on the Earth, and if we were to also take into account the aborted babies, then I'd guess it's around 5%. (The 7% estimation is made by people who don't believe in the flood that wiped out practically the entire world population)
I've never read/watched a child's testimony where they said that they used to be a king/queen. Can you post some if you know so many cases? I'm intrigued
Those who don't believe flood account subscribe to old earth theory...Whatever calculations they present, it's questionable at best. I admit i din't do math i thought it was safe assumption...
I read couple of stories about king and queens and some others where people in their fake memories were somehow related to famous people. Woman mostly, not kids...Try searching yourself i cant remember where it was. It was article for general auditory not some science work though. I experienced something almost similar myself few times without hypnosis. And left disturbed and unsure what to make of them. But reincarnation defeats meaning of human existence for me as a believer.

mecca

Superstar
Why hypnosis is evil.

I want to slap that teacup out of her hands and break the spoon.
Hypnosis, like almost anything, can be used for good or bad purposes. It's not evil itself, but it can be used for harmful means. That doesn't mean that it can't also be beneficial and used for positive means.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Hypnosis, like almost anything, can be used for good or bad purposes. It's not evil itself, but it can be used for harmful means. That doesn't mean that it can't also be beneficial and used for positive means.
Taking an analogy from earlier, if you left your keys with a friend and popped out of the house for a few hours, they might be helpful and do your ironing while you were away. In the same way a hypnotist can implant an aversion to smoking or overeating - I get it...

In the end it comes down to your understanding of reality. The concept of risk relates to perceived threats. If you only acknowledge the human level, you will discount the danger of extra-dimensional hostile meddlers to your psyche.

sim hae

Established
Those who don't believe flood account subscribe to old earth theory...Whatever calculations they present, it's questionable at best. I admit i din't do math i thought it was safe assumption...
You're a young earther, interesting. Even with this mindset, there are around 66 billion people that have been born (and lived) since 1 AD alone.

Try searching yourself
No need. You replied to the question Kais posed concerning children so I naturally assumed you were talking about kids born with these memories since you addressed that comment. I have zero interest in hypnosis stories.

But reincarnation defeats meaning of human existence for me as a believer.
uhm, Why?

Vytas

Star
You're a young earther, interesting. Even with this mindset, there are around 66 billion people that have been born (and lived) since 1 AD alone.
Yeah my bad. All christians support young or relatively young earth theory. Nothing interesting about that.

No need. You replied to the question Kais posed concerning children so I naturally assumed you were talking about kids born with these memories since you addressed that comment. I have zero interest in hypnosis stories.
Did I ? Read OP first sentence please...

uhm, Why?
Because my life has a meaning, which is completely lost if i get a chance rinse repeat. Because humans are too complex and individualistic. It's an insult to God insinuate He is making clones...

Yeah my bad. All christians support young or relatively young earth theory. Nothing interesting about that.
No, not all of them.

To stay on topic I don't think past life regression is reincarnation but accessing memories of our ancestors through DNA that is somehow activated through changes in brain chemistry/consciousness.

Vytas

Star
No, not all of them.

To stay on topic I don't think past life regression is reincarnation but accessing memories of our ancestors through DNA that is somehow activated through changes in brain chemistry/consciousness.
Meaning evolution with intelligent creator ? I forgot it's a thing...
Thats interesting and definitely more believable...Still something is off...

elsbet

Superstar
Meaning evolution with intelligent creator ? I forgot it's a thing...
Thats interesting and definitely more believable...Still something is off...
I think (I'm not certain) animals have been shown to exhibit *learned* behaviors (sort of) that have been passed down through DNA... as though it was a common, ancestral hard drive.

Like I said, I could be way off, but as an example-- pit bulls. A lot of folks believe that the 'pit-fighting' has been bred into the dogs, and all the nurture in the world won't change that. Others do not believe it... hard to say where the truth lies. Anyway, if that is stored in the DNA, who knows what else is there.*

*FOR THE RECORD THOUGH, I STILL THINK IT'S DEMONS.

I think (I'm not certain) animals have been shown to exhibit *learned* behaviors (sort of) that have been passed down through DNA... as though it was a common, ancestral hard drive.

Like I said, I could be way off, but as an example-- pit bulls. A lot of folks believe that the 'pit-fighting' has been bred into the dogs, and all the nurture in the world won't change that. Others do not believe it... hard to say where the truth lies. Anyway, if that is stored in the DNA, who knows what else is there.*

Yeah for example baby chimps will avoid snakes without observing the behavior from their mothers.

Gene memory is more than likely a real thing, which means it’s possible to carry some sort of “vision” of some of our ancestors’ memories.

I think anxiety disorders are a sort of collective gene sickness brought on from first the harshness of living in nature ( there are some interesting theories regarding the rooting reflex in infants and falling dreams) and later mass warfare that every group of people on this planet has in common.

I think with Pitbulls or any large dog breed that was bred for a practical purpose, when raised properly will by and large be just fine, but some seem to still be dangerous no matter the upbringing. Same thing for humans.

I don’t discount that it’s demons or that demons exist in some sense. I think it’s likely that “demons” speak to human weakness/darkness. If I’m wrong I don’t think it matters as the answer for protection from either scenario is the same, which we probably actually agree on.

Meaning evolution with intelligent creator ? I forgot it's a thing....

That’s an approximation of my belief, yeah. However allegorical or non-literal interpretation of Creation has a much longer and rich history in Christianity than this hyper-literalist approach, but the religious left has done a terrible job at countering the religious right (which is a heresy).

Anyway if you’d like to continue this topic we can in your Genesis thread.

sim hae

Established
I didn't know that it's such a widespread belief, I guess I haven't spent enough time among Christian people to get to topics like this.

Did I ? Read OP first sentence please...

Because my life has a meaning, which is completely lost if i get a chance rinse repeat. Because humans are too complex and individualistic. It's an insult to God insinuate He is making clones...
I'm aware of the first post but then you seem to disregard the fact that it's very unusual for kids with this kind of memories to have ever gone through hypnotic regression. They usually are born with them.
Adults that don't have any recollection of a past life go through past life regression therapy in the hope of finding meaning in their present empty lives, to you know... feel 'speshul', they're very interested in who they were, not in recovering lost individual memories. I don't deny that the source of these memories is likely demonic. It's only natural that they would say they used to be someone important, given what spurs them to go through this in the first place, and what kind of forces they're exposing themselves to.
Children's testimonies, on the other hand, are often quite boring and they revolve around their previous families, their occupation/hobbies, the place they lived in. Many don't even remember their names but they remember how to correctly ride a horse, how to play the piano, how to use a lasso,etc

I've believed reincarnation was real before I learned the word for it but I've never felt that any life is meaningless, I'm not capable to understand your reasoning.

Vytas

Star

Oh there are incredible examples of that in animal kingdom, some fishes and birds travel through half of the world, how do they know where ? How do they know route ?
I met gentle and playful pitbul with zero aggressiveness. He was raised by three kids and only thing he cared about was playing. Pit dogs are MKed for the lack of better expression...Some people doesn't deserve to exist :mad:

So do I .

Vytas

Star
I didn't know that it's such a widespread belief, I guess I haven't spent enough time among Christian people to get to topics like this.
Thats what bible tells us. Or at least it's usual interpretation. There are some others to be sure. Scholars, conspiracy theorists, researchers...But in general population it's widespread belief.

I've believed reincarnation was real before I learned the word for it but I've never felt that any life is meaningless, I'm not capable to understand your reasoning.
Life is a gift, a chance, an opportunity, a trial. We were chosen to exist before beginning of time. Bible highlights our individualistic nature, free will and responsibility which comes with it. Reincarnation lacks any purpose. Our names are written in book of life i doubt there some empty space for soul clones, not to mention bible is clear that our spirits are done for a time after our body dies. i hope i din't fail to explain my reasoning, it's just random believer perspective, i might be wrong about everything offcourse :)

sim hae

Established
^ I think you identify too much with your body and I too little, so it's difficult for either of us to see through the opposite lens.
My baby sister only got to perfect her goo goo-gah gah's before it was over for her. I fail to see the meaning in her earthly life. She's created, never tested and only gets to know heaven. That sounds off to me.
Why does she get a ticket straight to heaven just because she happened to die before she had a chance to sin, and I've been put through the wringer and had very big odds of eternally experiencing hell?

"Reincarnation lacks any purpose". We learn to trust God and prove we can be trusted by continuous trials in very different circumstances.

Vytas

Star
^ I think you identify too much with your body and I too little, so it's difficult for either of us to see through the opposite lens.
My baby sister only got to perfect her goo goo-gah gah's before it was over for her. I fail to see the meaning in her earthly life. She's created, never tested and only gets to know heaven. That sounds off to me.
Why does she get a ticket straight to heaven just because she happened to die before she had a chance to sin, and I've been put through the wringer and had very big odds of eternally experiencing hell?

"Reincarnation lacks any purpose". We learn to trust God and prove we can be trusted by continuous trials in very different circumstances.
Im sorry you have to live with that everlasting sense of injustice and pain. I know what it means. My parents died when i very young, i have no idea how my mother looked like. I never met my brothers/sister. It led me to sinful life and God hating from uncharacteristically young age...

From my viewpoint (bible) life on earth is by far worst thing i will get to experience for eternity...Free pass might look like terrible injustice, thats how i felt, when i first started to believe we are last generation and i probably will not have 80-90 years in store for me people usually have. Seeing bigger picture helps a little.
Also and offer for you :

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light

Alanantic

Star
A good hypnotist tries to get rid of what you're already hypnotized to think is real or important. What are you? What group do you think you belong to? We all want to belong, but find your unique self, first. Then you can be anything.