Past life regression

Kais_1

Star
I have read that , most humans when under hypnosis can regress into past lives...

so does that mean we are all born again?

what do you people think?

cfowen

Established
You'll never be born again until you're resurrected and have your second life. That's what born again means. Only Christ has been born again.

Past lives are an impossibility.
Heb 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Last edited:

Kais_1

Star
You'll never be born again until you're resurrected and have your second life. That's what born again means. Only Christ has been born again.

Past lives are an impossibility.
Heb 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
why then do so many children around the world recall past lives.....and can remember everything they used to do in this past life?

cfowen

Established
why then do so many children around the world recall past lives.....and can remember everything they used to do in this past life?
I don't know and I don't care. The scripture proves it is false and that's that. It's in the same category as NDEs - both are BS. The NDEs are never dead. That's why they call it near-death. The mind is very capable of deceiving the owner and the observers - especially with Satan's evil spirits and demons hanging around. Every person that has EVER truly died is still dead, in the grave, except for Christ. The only guaranteed truth on the planet is the entire Bible. Everything else can be taken as a grain of salt, as the saying goes.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I have read that , most humans when under hypnosis can regress into past lives...

so does that mean we are all born again?

what do you people think?
Imo?

Demonic suggestion whilst under a hypnotic state. Those same demons were around while the "past life" scene was taking place and they are simply recounting incidents they were present at like an undying form of Derren Brown might do to the duped regressee.

Ingenious deception, but proving nothing.

phipps

Star
Hypnosis is incredibly dangerous. We should never let anyone hypnotise us, no matter how light it is. When someone is hypnotised, their minds are under the control of the hypnotist. No individual should be permitted to take control of another person's mind, thinking that in so doing they are causing people to receive great benefit. Under hypnosis we can open doors to spirits/demons because we are open to suggestion. The spirits/demons can enter and steer people into new avenues of thought and thought patterns that they provide. We must guard our minds all the time and never willingly empty them and cause them to go blank and have someone control them.

As for being born again as a different person, it goes against the word of God. The Bible says in Hebrews 9:27, "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment..." We do not die and are born again as different people. We live only one life as ourselves.

Last edited:

Dalit

Star
Hypnosis is incredibly dangerous. We should never let anyone hypnotise us, no matter how light it is. When someone is hypnotised, their minds are under the control of the hypnotist. No individual should be permitted to take control of another person's mind, thinking that in so doing they are causin gpeople to receive great benefit. Under hypnosis we can open doors to spirits/demons because we are open to suggestion. The spirits/demons can enter and steer people into new avenues of thought and thought patterns that they provide. We must guard our minds all the time and never willingly empty them and cause them to go blank and have someone control them.

As for being born again as a different person, it goes against the word of God. The Bible says in Hebrews 9:27, "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment..." We do not die and are born again as different people. We live only one life as ourselves.
Seriously, right on. Once saw hypnosis in a psychology class and it pained me to see people be convinced they couldn't get off the floor or that the room was full of rats. I was the only one observing and not participating. The hypnotist knew who to prey on and suggest these things to. Others laughed, thinking it was all a big joke, obviously not caring about the fear in the girl's eyes because she thought she was surrounded by rats. It was sick and morally wrong.

Aero

Superstar
I consider myself to have a keen sense of the paranormal. So let's just say I'm pretty sure ghosts are real. And I'm not talking about ghost hunters crap. I'm talking about actual spirits that communicate from beyond the grave. I've talked about automatic writing before, but now I'm in a position to explore that further.

The subconscious space we live under contains everything that is or was. Therefore automatic writing is more like pulling files out of a hard drive than speaking to ghosts. But technically speaking, it's still a psychic skill. What I'm getting at is that past lives defy the whole notion of subconscious (ghosts) and the afterlife in general.

Past lives defy the whole notion of the many world theory of quantum physics. We get one life with potential that equals infinity in a world with potential that equals infinity. Now if that's kind of tough to follow let me try more simply. I'm talking about how people don't really die. Like everyone who is dead to us is alive in another reality.

I've actually thought about this a lot. I'm even sure that there is a world out there that looks just like ours, except they solved the whole death thing completely. We just suck in this world for some reason. Idk, maybe our problem is aliens.

elsbet

Superstar
Imo?

Demonic suggestion whilst under a hypnotic state. Those same demons were around while the "past life" scene was taking place and they are simply recounting incidents they were present at like an undying form of Derren Brown might do to the duped regressee.

Ingenious deception, but proving nothing.
-.-
Red took my answer.

I kid.. but yes, this is my opinion, too.

elsbet

Superstar
Seriously, right on. Once saw hypnosis in a psychology class and it pained me to see people be convinced they couldn't get off the floor or that the room was full of rats. I was the only one observing and not participating. The hypnotist knew who to prey on and suggest these things to. Others laughed, thinking it was all a big joke, obviously not caring about the fear in the girl's eyes because she thought she was surrounded by rats. It was sick and morally wrong.
Funny you mention this-- in 6th grade, we had a teacher (Science, I believe, but he taught PE for years before that... and he was from Canada-- Ottawa!) who had us all lay on the floor with the lights out, and did this guided meditation thing. I remember one of my friends later saying that she felt the bee land on her nose and she swatted it away (it was part of the story), and I was surprised-- I just didn't get into it, like that. All of that to say that yes-- some people are more susceptible to hypnosis, meditation, etc. And I agree.. it's very dangerous. o_________O

Maes17

Superstar
I've yet to see that first hand.

How in the world is an individual able to tap into another individuals mind like that?

I feel other sources of mental therapy like psychiatrists are a type of hypnosis

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The way I see it, hypnosis is like leaving your house unlocked and popping out for a few hours.

Sometimes nothing happens at all, sometimes a prankster might pop round and rearrange your furniture (like in the popular hypnosis stage shows) and maybe sometimes a squatter might move in who might be hard to get out.

As for me and my house, I lock the door.

Alanantic

Star
It's also impossible, for anyone that believes the Bible, which is the only guaranteed source of truth in the planet.
"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe." -- Carl Sagan

sim hae

Established
I don't recommend anyone to have past life regression therapy but that is normally used by ADULTS who don't already have past life memories.

To any reader that was born with past life or pre-birth memories : I urge you to go read the Bible yourself, don't go on people's interpretations of what is written in it, like in this thread.
I stayed away from God for most of my life because I believed what people told me about His written word, instead of reading it myself, things that didn't match what I've always KNOWN, not learned in this lifetime. Don't make the same mistake as me!