Palestinian Resistance Launch Major Attack on Israel: What Happened? – LIVE BLOG

RecievingA

Star
‘We need to see an end to indiscriminate killing of children’: UNICEF

Hundreds of thousands of Palestinians have been forced to flee Rafah in southern Gaza as the Israeli military attacks from ground and air. More Palestinians, many of them children, are being killed every day.
“As somebody who was on the ground and has spent a lot of time in hospitals in Gaza, including in Rafah, I saw the impact of this fighting on children’s bodies and it is horrific,” said UNICEF spokesperson Tess Ingram in Gaza in an interview with US broadcaster ABC.
“I saw a nine-year-old girl who was clinging to life on a hospital bed in Rafah with major blast wounds down one side of her body, and when I met her, she had been that way 16 days because the medical ability in Gaza to repair those wounds was non-existent.”
“We need to see an end to the fighting and the indiscriminate killing of civilians, especially children.”

I dunno, weren't UNICEF found to be involved in child trafficking from warzones? The only thing they are upset about is their loss of children to traffick methinks.

Haich

Superstar

Excerpt:
Israeli forces have carried out at least eight strikes on humanitarian convoys and their facilities in Gaza since October, even after aid organisations provided their coordinates to the Israeli authorities, according to a report by Human Rights Watch.

HRW said the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) did not issue warnings to the aid organisations before the strikes, which killed or injured at least 31 people.

In one incident, on 1 April, seven aid workers were killed in drone strikes in the city of Deir al-Balah. Missiles hit a convoy of three World Central Kitchen (WCK) vehicles, two marked with the organisation’s logo on the roof and all carrying civilians. HRW said the convoy “was travelling a route that the organisation said they had agreed upon with the Israeli military”.
———————————————

I don’t know how journalists can just report these things without deducing in the article that the IDF are deliberately and were deliberately targeting aid convoys. We all know they did this to discourage aid and aid convoys from entering Gaza as they have been collectively punishing, openly and brutally, the Palestinian population. If this was any other country, it would’ve been lambasted in the article. Instead, we have an article with some serious findings with regards to aid convoys and workers been killed and no condemnation of the IDF. You don’t do this 8 times and call it a coincidence or an accident, it’s quite clearly deliberate and intentional.

Haich

Superstar

Excerpt:
Israeli forces have carried out at least eight strikes on humanitarian convoys and their facilities in Gaza since October, even after aid organisations provided their coordinates to the Israeli authorities, according to a report by Human Rights Watch.

HRW said the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) did not issue warnings to the aid organisations before the strikes, which killed or injured at least 31 people.

In one incident, on 1 April, seven aid workers were killed in drone strikes in the city of Deir al-Balah. Missiles hit a convoy of three World Central Kitchen (WCK) vehicles, two marked with the organisation’s logo on the roof and all carrying civilians. HRW said the convoy “was travelling a route that the organisation said they had agreed upon with the Israeli military”.
———————————————

I don’t know how journalists can just report these things without deducing in the article that the IDF are deliberately and were deliberately targeting aid convoys. We all know they did this to discourage aid and aid convoys from entering Gaza as they have been collectively punishing, openly and brutally, the Palestinian population. If this was any other country, it would’ve been lambasted in the article. Instead, we have an article with some serious findings with regards to aid convoys and workers been killed and no condemnation of the IDF. You don’t do this 8 times and call it a coincidence or an accident, it’s quite clearly deliberate and intentional.
Al Jazeera Updates:
Israel is attacking known aid worker locations in Gaza, says HRW

Israel’s military has carried out at least eight attacks on aid workers’ convoys and premises in Gaza since October last year, even though the aid groups had provided their coordinates to Israeli authorities, according to a prominent rights group.
Human Rights Watch, in a new report, said Israeli authorities did not issue advance warnings to any of the aid organisations before the attacks, which have killed or wounded at least 31 humanitarian workers and those with them.
It said aid groups allege that a bomb used in one Israeli attack in January was US-made and was delivered by an F-16 aircraft that reportedly uses British-made components.
“Israel’s allies need to recognize that these attacks that have killed aid workers have happened over and over again, and they need to stop,” said Belkis Wille, associate director at HRW.

Stucky

Star
I dunno, weren't UNICEF found to be involved in child trafficking from warzones? The only thing they are upset about is their loss of children to traffick methinks.
I don't know why you would leave that comment here. But you have so i feel the need to respond to the total lack of thought you put into it.

There is masses of vulnerable children in Gaza, including thousands of orphaned children, close to border areas including border(s) that lead into paedo paradise in the North. There's over half a million children to the South in Rafah next to the border with Egypt. So methinks that if UNICEF, as a whole, were involved in "trafficking" then Gaza would be the ideal place to be.

In future please leave that kind of thoughtless crap away from here or alternatively just fuck off.

RecievingA

Star
I don't know why you would leave that comment here. But you have so i feel the need to respond to the total lack of thought you put into it.

There is masses of vulnerable children in Gaza, including thousands of orphaned children, close to border areas including border(s) that lead into paedo paradise in the North. There's over half a million children to the South in Rafah next to the border with Egypt. So methinks that if UNICEF, as a whole, were involved in "trafficking" then Gaza would be the ideal place to be.

In future please leave that kind of thoughtless crap away from here or alternatively just fuck off.
The institutions you hold dear aren't so infalliable.

Last edited:

Haich

Superstar
I think your comment was a bit off, the Palestinians are already going through hell, especially the children. If you don’t have evidence that these organisations are actively seeking kids and trafficking them then why did you post that remark.

Charity workers and managers have been linked to serious sexual abuse and child trafficking cases but that was in The Congo, not Palestine.

Stucky

Star
The institutions you hold dear aren't so infalliable.
You just made that up. Nowhere have I stated that I "hold dear" any UN agency and nor have I claimed that any UN agency is "infallible". And no amount of tweets will wash away the stupidity and vileness of your original comment.

Last edited:

Stucky

Star
Some updates from AJ,

ICJ to hold hearings over Israel’s Rafah attacks

The UN’s International Court of Justice (ICJ) will hold hearings on Thursday and Friday to discuss new emergency measures sought by South Africa over Israel’s attacks on Rafah during the war in Gaza.
The hearings on May 16 and 17 will deal with South Africa’s request to the court to order more emergency measures against Israel over its attacks on Rafah, the tribunal said.
The request is part of an ongoing case brought by South Africa against Israel in January, accusing it of committing genocide against Palestinians in Gaza.
On Sunday, Egypt joined Turkey and Colombia in formally requesting to join the case against Israel.

Nothing wrong with Gaza death toll figures: WHO

The World Health Organization has voiced full confidence in Gaza Health Ministry death toll figures after Israel questioned a change in the numbers.
Last week, the ministry updated its breakdown of the total deaths of about 35,000, saying some 25,000 of those have so far been fully identified. UN agencies have republished these figures.
“The fact we now have 25,000 identified people is a step forward,” said WHO spokesperson Christian Lindmeier at a Geneva press briefing, adding there was “nothing wrong” with the data.
On Monday, UN spokesperson Farhan Haq said the figures – cited regularly by the UN in its reporting on the seven-month-long conflict – now reflected a breakdown of the 24,686 deaths of “people who have been fully identified”.
“There’s about another 10,000-plus bodies who still have to be fully identified, and so the details of those – which of those are children, which of those are women – that will be re-established once the full identification process is complete,” Haq said.

Twenty killed in Israeli attack on Nuseirat refugee camp

We are receiving reports from our Al Jazeera Arabic colleagues that Israeli attacks on a house and a school in the Nuseirat refugee camp have killed 20 Palestinians.
We will bring you more on this attack as soon as we have more information.
Gaza
A relative of Palestinians killed in an overnight Israeli air raid on the Nuseirat refugee camp mourns near their wrapped bodies outside Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital in Deir el-Balah

‘The police supported them’: Israeli rights activist on aid convoy looting

Sapir Sluzker Amran, an Israeli human rights lawyer who went to the Tarqumiyah crossing in Hebron to document the looting of a Gaza-bound aid convoy yesterday, has described the scenes to Al Jazeera.
For hours, a group of far-right Israeli activists tore food parcels out of aid trucks and destroyed them, including boxes of rice and noodles headed to desperately hungry people in Gaza.
Police at the scene protected the activists, giving them “full permission to do whatever they wanted”, said Sluzker Amran.
“I didn’t see anyone being arrested. The only one who was asked to leave was me,” she added, noting that the activists also threatened and physically attack her for trying to document the incident.
She said she believes police or security forces fed the activists information on when and where the aid trucks would arrive, with the information being shared openly on social media platforms.

‘This is not our Judaism’

Sapir Sluzker Amran, the rights activist who documented the aid convoy looting near Hebron in the occupied West Bank, says Israelis have a “moral duty” to oppose fellow citizens who are committing abuses towards Palestinians.
“I say this with tears because of what happened yesterday [the destruction of aid]. It doesn’t represent many Israelis and many Jews,” Sluzker Amran told Al Jazeera.
“My family is Iraqi. I see grandmothers and grandfathers in Gaza begging for food. We condemn it and we hope to stop it. This is a moral obligation to fight our own people in order to tell them what they are doing is wrong,” she said.
“I will keep organising more people to fight and to say: This is not our Judaism, this is not the society we want to live in,” she added.
“We have to stop this war. We cannot let this bloodshed continue.”

UN says it informed Israel of vehicle that was fatally hit in Gaza

The UN says that it had informed Israeli authorities of the movements of a vehicle carrying UN staff, which was hit in southern Gaza, killing an Indian national.
UN spokesperson Rolando Gomez told a media briefing that a second UN staff member in the vehicle was wounded in the attack, adding that the two had been travelling to the European Hospital in Rafah when their vehicle was hit.
“The UN informs Israeli authorities of the movement of all of our convoys. That has been the case in any theatre of operation. This is a standard operating procedure,” Gomez said, adding it was a “clearly marked UN vehicle”.

Greta Thunberg joins Stockholm University pro-Palestine encampment
“We demand that the Stockholm University administration cut all ties, agreements and collaborations with the genocidal, apartheid state of Israel, be they university-wide or brokered by individual institutions at Stockholm University”, Thunberg said, adding, “We cannot be neutral or silent in a genocide”.

Norway aims to quadruple aid to Palestinians

The Norwegian government has proposed 1 billion kroner ($92.5m) in aid to Palestinians this year as humanitarian agencies warn of a looming famine in the Gaza Strip.
Figures in the revised budget presented on Tuesday show a roughly quadrupling of the 258 million kroner provided in the initial finance bill adopted last year.
“The urgent need of aid in Gaza is enormous after seven months of war,” Norway’s Minister of International Development, Anne Beathe Tvinnereim, said in a statement. “The food situation in particular is critical and there is a risk of famine,” she added, criticising “an entirely man-made crisis” and an equally “critical” situation in the occupied West Bank.
The figures are still subject to change because the centre-left government, a minority in parliament, has to negotiate with other parties to get the texts adopted.
Foreign Minister Espen Barth Eide again warned Israel against a large-scale military operation in Rafah.
“It would be catastrophic for the population. Providing life-saving humanitarian support would become much more difficult and more dangerous,” Barth Eide said.
“The more than one million who have sought refuge in Rafah have already fled multiple times from famine, death and horror. They are now being told to move again, but no place in Gaza is safe.”

Israeli spy balloon downed inside Lebanon

Hezbollah says it has downed an Israeli spy balloon over the northern Israeli kibbutz of Adamit near the border with Lebanon.
The armed group also fired rockets at the balloon’s launch base and “management crew”, it said in a statement cited by Lebanon’s an-Nahar news site.
The Israeli military, in a post on X, acknowledged that one of its “observation balloons” had been downed in Lebanese territory but said there were no concerns information had been compromised.

Stucky

Star

Stucky

Star
Al Jazeera Updates:
Israel is attacking known aid worker locations in Gaza, says HRW

Israel’s military has carried out at least eight attacks on aid workers’ convoys and premises in Gaza since October last year, even though the aid groups had provided their coordinates to Israeli authorities, according to a prominent rights group.
Human Rights Watch, in a new report, said Israeli authorities did not issue advance warnings to any of the aid organisations before the attacks, which have killed or wounded at least 31 humanitarian workers and those with them.
It said aid groups allege that a bomb used in one Israeli attack in January was US-made and was delivered by an F-16 aircraft that reportedly uses British-made components.
“Israel’s allies need to recognize that these attacks that have killed aid workers have happened over and over again, and they need to stop,” said Belkis Wille, associate director at HRW.