Palestinian Resistance Launch Major Attack on Israel: What Happened? – LIVE BLOG

Stucky

Star
‘Lavender’: The AI machine directing Israel’s bombing spree in Gaza

In 2021, a book titled “The Human-Machine Team: How to Create Synergy Between Human and Artificial Intelligence That Will Revolutionize Our World” was released in English under the pen name “Brigadier General Y.S.” In it, the author — a man who we confirmed to be the current commander of the elite Israeli intelligence unit 8200 — makes the case for designing a special machine that could rapidly process massive amounts of data to generate thousands of potential “targets” for military strikes in the heat of a war.
Such a machine, it turns out, actually exists. A new investigation by +972 Magazine and Local Call reveals that the Israeli army has developed an artificial intelligence-based program known as “Lavender,” unveiled here for the first time.
“We were not interested in killing [Hamas] operatives only when they were in a military building or engaged in a military activity,” A., an intelligence officer, told +972 and Local Call. “On the contrary, the IDF bombed them in homes without hesitation, as a first option. It’s much easier to bomb a family’s home. The system is built to look for them in these situations.”
https://www.972mag.com/lavender-ai-israeli-army-gaza/

Last edited:

Haich

Superstar

Excerpt:

The Israeli military’s bombing campaign in Gaza used a previously undisclosed AI-powered database that at one stage identified 37,000 potential targets based on their apparent links to Hamas, according to intelligence sources involved in the war.

In addition to talking about their use of the AI system, called Lavender, the intelligence sources claim that Israeli military officials permitted large numbers of Palestinian civilians to be killed, particularly during the early weeks and months of the conflict.

Their unusually candid testimony provides a rare glimpse into the first-hand experiences of Israeli intelligence officials who have been using machine-learning systems to help identify targets during the six-month war.

DesertRose

Superstar
US college becomes first American institution to end study abroad programme in Israel
The closure, the group said, followed a six-year campaign at the college in support of the Palestinian-led call for US colleges and universities "to support Palestinian freedom, including academic freedom, by suspending institutional relations with Israeli universities, due to their complicity in Israel’s military occupation, apartheid regime and, now, as the International Court of Justice (ICJ) has ruled, a plausible genocide against Palestinians".

DesertRose

Superstar
Last edited:

Haich

Superstar

Excerpt:
Three former supreme court justices, including the court’s former president Lady Hale, are among more than 600 lawyers, academics and retired senior judges warning that the UK government is breaching international law by continuing to arm Israel.

In a letter to the prime minister, the signatories, who also include former court of appeal judges and more than 60 KCs, say that the present situation in Gaza is “catastrophic” and that given the international court of justice (ICJ) finding that there is a plausible risk of genocide being committed, the UK is legally obliged to act to prevent it.

The 17-page letter, which also amounts to a legal opinion, was sent on Wednesday evening and says: “While we welcome the increasingly robust calls by your government for a cessation of fighting and the unobstructed entry to Gaza of humanitarian assistance, simultaneously to continue (to take two striking examples) the sale of weapons and weapons systems to Israel and to maintain threats of suspending UK aid to Unwra falls significantly short of your government’s obligations under international law.”

Here’s the link to the 17 page letter:

Haich

Superstar
Can’t stand Richard Madeley. Just your typical exceedingly ‘patriotic’ British presenter who tends to be Tory leaning and totally out of touch with the average British person. Throughout this conflict, many presenters and journalists like Madeley have been parroting the sentiments of Piers Morgan; ‘Israel has a right to defend itself and get rid of Hamas’. They have never once, ever, expressed any concern for the way the Palestinians have been mercilessly slaughtered and how their entire infrastructure is now basically rubble. Radio silence throughout the multiple hospital invasions as well…

Now, their rose tinted glasses have been well and truly smashed and they’re openly condemning the atrocious deaths of the western aid workers. Watching blatant hypocrisy, bias and racism on my screen is just making my blood boil. I thought I’d share this clip of Madeley reacting to the knowledge that the aid workers were in fact targeted by Israel. He still struggles to clearly articulate his anger at the Israeli perpetrators. The constant use of passive voice in current affairs programmes and news is telling…

Stucky

Star
Krishnan whipping the Israeli spokesman with excellent questions.
Side note: The array of different accents from Israeli spokes people is hard to keep track of.

Krishnan: I'm sorry David I'm going to have to cut you off there. I'm just trying to get answers to questions. If you can't answer the questions I can't allow you to do the propaganda bit afterwards.

Well done Krishnan! I think you have just ended the career of David Mencer Dencer.